IGNORED

2010/2011 Official Toffeetalk Forum Awards (Information And Nomination)

Matt

Right, im quite lazy so Im copying Ians template from last year and making 1 or 2 tweeks :)

We will have five categories, in addition to our long-running player of the season award which has it's own unique voting system.

1) Young Player of the Season: The player considered by our members to have given the strongest performances for a young player over the entire season. I did think of taking this award from the Man of the Match award like the ordinary Player of the Season but I felt that that system might overlook players who shined, but perhaps didn't play as much as the others (which is not an indictment on the player as it is for candidates for player of the season). All players aged 23 and under as of May 31st 2010 are eligible for this award, and the player must have made at least 1 first team appearance this season. Performances while on loan should not be counted.

2) Most Improved Player - The player who has improved the most during this season. Obviously a subjective category and opinions may differ so play nice! All players who have played for the first team this season are eligible. Performances while on loan should be counted

3) Best Admin/Mod - Yes that category in which you can suck up to the people who can ban your arse and ship you off to BlueKippper (the horror). Refers to both what they post and how helpful they are. Obviously a light-hearted category as they're all appalling :P

4) Best Poster - Only the best of the best need apply. The true stalwart Evertonians for whom it is not enough to shout abuse from their seats on their couch or in the Gwladys, but who feel so strongly about their team that they will google for and register on a forum from which they can abuse, slander and libel the footballing and personal lives of the donkeys who masquerade as professional footballers once (or gasp, maybe twice, those mean fixture schedulers) a week on the pitch of Goodison Park. Which poster do YOU (yes you!) think contributed the most to the vast zeitgeist of ToffeeTalk this year?

5) Best Thread - Oh those beautiful headings into which we type our angry, knee-jerking responses into, what would we be without them? Which thread do you think spurred the debate the most this season. Threads in the Off-Topic forums do not count, as the Longest Thread would win it every year :lol:

---------------------------------

Nominations

So you've heard the categories, and I bet you're wondering how you nominate a player, poster or thread (Yeah probably not, but humour me :P).

Well, it's pretty basic. Simply copy and paste the template below into a reply to this thread and fill in your nominees. For all categories make sure the person or thread is eligible for that catgory and when nominating a thread please provide a link to it. And have a look if that person has already been nominated a couple of times before, if so, why not nominate your second choice for a bit of variety? In fact, why not go for a top 3 if needed.

Young Player of the Year:

Most Improved Player:

Best Mod/Admin:

Best Poster:

Best Thread:

And I should stress that this is not the voting thread, no category will be won on number of nominations

I will add one last thing; the thread will stay open until midnight 27th May which will give me the time to collate everything over a weekend. No later please otherwise it just wont get done (by me at least, volenteers to take over are welcome to!)...

1) Young Player of the Season: Seamus Coleman

2) Most Improved Player - Leon Osman

3) Best Admin/Mod - MikeO

4) Best Poster - Couldn't decide on one for this category so I'm nominating three, Hafnia and Bailey, IanC.

5) Best Thread - http://www.toffeetalk.com/index.php?/topic/20019-bily%3B-where-should-he-play/

Edited by Romey 1878

Might as well kick start it off....

Young Player of the Year: Only 1 player for this - Seamus Coleman, take a bow. Im pretty sure theres no point in this category this season to be honest....

Most Improved Player: Toughie. I think I have to go for Distin who has, for the most part, been a rock. Ossie comes a close second given his heroics this season close with Bainesy chucked in for good measure. Coleman too I suppose.... Actually, this isnt as easy as I first thought!

Best Mod/Admin: Bit of a spin the dial and point but Im going with Mike. Though Bill and Louis have got the arcade working again recently and Mark is so poetic sometimes :D

Best Poster: Ok, I know I said top 3 but bloody nora, not possible! Ten, Mark, Mike, Marco, Scouse, Smeg, Baily, Ian C, Rubes (how could i forget!).... List could go on....

Best Thread: It may seem inappropriate, but I am proud of the "what grinds your gears" thread. Shouldve renamed it the Marco thread though :P Oh, and speaking of Marco - A tribute to Paul the Octopus too laugh.gif

Edited by Matt

Young Player of the Year: Coleman has already been nominated so I think I will go for Rodwell as he is still a youngster, even though he has had a bit more experience.

Most Improved Player: I think that despite injuries Fellaini has proved better this season and is currently badly missed.

Best Mod/Admin: MikeO or Bill, Mike has been nominated so I am going for Bill.

Best Poster: None Admin? Ok I will go for Matt

Best Thread: The longest thread for sport talk.

1 Young player = Seamus Coleman altho to be fair Rodders hazs missed a huge chunk thru injury

2 most improved = Felli was awesome till injury took him from us and Distan has really impressed me to!

3 Admin = has to be Mike0

4 favourite poster = i love you all in a totally non sexual way some of the stuff put on here really makes me laugh!!

5 favourite thread = what grinds my gears great to see what random shit pisses everyone off myself included might i add!!

Edited by smeghead1

1) Young Player of the Season: Seamus Coleman, wasn't a huge fan at first but growing on me a lot.

2) Most Improved Player - Baines, although he has been good for years I think he has turned it up a notch this year.

3) Best Admin/Mod - Louis, always comes up with some good information on our club.

4) Best Poster - Would have said CraccerC :lol: but he's not on here much now so Romey1878, I agree with a lot of what he posts.

5) Best Thread - "What are you watching"

Young Player of the Year: Seamus

Most Improved Player: Seamus again, I think he is the only player in the squad who has improved( Ive always rated Ossie so cant vote for him here)

Best Mod/Admin: Louis or Mike0

Best Poster: Bill/Mike0/Louis strangely feel the need to give hafnia a mention even though I dont tend to agree sometimes!

Best Thread: I always go to the MotM thread first so I suppose that

Young Player of the Year: Seamus

Most Improved Player: Seamus again, I think he is the only player in the squad who has improved( Ive always rated Ossie so cant vote for him here)

Best Mod/Admin: Louis or Mike0

Best Poster: Bill/Mike0/Louis strangely feel the need to give hafnia a mention even though I dont tend to agree sometimes!

Best Thread: I always go to the MotM thread first so I suppose that

Feeling the love (tip the hat) - a forum would be seriously boring if we all agreed, but the vast majority of you put your points across very well.

Here goes mine:

Young player: Seamus, runner up: Fellaini

Most improved: Baines - strange one but he's gone from very good to outstanding, osman runner up

Best Mod: Louis and Mike - good work chaps

Best poster: would be easier to pick the worst as most have very valid points - props to Mike, Romey, Scouse, Bill, will even give a mention to Dunc for prompting me to reply so many times and Marco for his commitment to his Victor man crush

Best thread: match day - current match, always good to see the various observations that may be missed. If I was a player I would seriously read that thread.

Young Player of the Year: - Coleman.

Most Improved Player: - Distan

Best Mod/Admin: - Mike

Best Poster: - Mark and Dunc/Hafnia (just for the debates that they have!)

Best Thread: - I agree with Bill thats their hasnt been a stand out thread since "The medical team are in". However Dave's posts are always fun!

Young Player of the Year: Seamus Coleman, hardly original choice but the most obvious. Definately needed the rest when Moyes put him on the bench and without sounding downbeat, needs to improve a fair bit otherwise runs the risk of being 'found out' by future opponents.

Most Improved Player: Could have been Coleman again but I have gone for Leon Osman, stepped up to the plate in the last two months but his all round game has improved this season, if he can show that consistency, and improve his finishing he can improve further.

Best Mod/Admin:MikeO, for his general all round input, Bill for his helpfulness in all things technical and Romey for his honest forthright reviews.

Best Poster: Duncanmac. Although there are many candidates but I find most of Duncans good decent posts that can offer decent debates.

Best Thread: It was started by Ricky8r, something he had cut and pasted from another site, and turned into a psychologists dream :D or nightmare :blink: (you choose). By the way after he was analysed have we heard from him.

Congratulation to all others who have posted and keep the forum going.

Edited by The Beard

Young Player of the Year: Seamus Coleman

Most Improved Player: Osman and Distin for me this season

Best Mod/Admin: MikeO

Best Poster: Hafnia had a shout but it can't go to anyone other then the mighty Dave!

Best Thread: I can't remember but Dave started one and it had me in stitches :lol: Found it http://www.toffeetalk.com/index.php?/topic/20259-who-should-come-in-and-who-should-go-out/page__p__202246#entry202246

Edited by EFC-Paul

cheers haf i do love owd vic :lol:

Young Player of the Year: Seamus Coleman..easy

Most Improved Player: Osman just creeped ahead of distin for me with his last two months in the middle..he's carried the burden when we had no arteta, felli or cahill

Best Mod/Admin: Go for mike here too

Best Poster: Romey or Dunc...always stick to their guns even they are wrong sometimes :lol::P

Best Thread: Has to be what grinds your gears for me :lol:

although i forgot about we is the investment..fuck me :lol:

and just spotted your post matt..fuck off :P

Edited by marcopaulo