IGNORED

The Once A Year Takeover Rumour

• Replies 387
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The problem is, they all copy of the MIrror's website which says the company is based in Mumbai.

The Jain Group website says they are in Kolkata.

Chinese whispers.. I personally don't believe any company interested in a take over would want Bill Kenwright involved.

They're not interested in my opinion, price is too much. Scare stories about people expecting them to invest hundreds of millions don't help.

I think they were only ever interested in the stadium.

Haf, I'm inclined to agree with you. I remember reading about BK trying to sell the club only for the potential buyer to say something along the lines of "I'm glad I'm not you".

I really couldn't bare to sit in a meeting watching him come out with his nonsense. He was tied in knots by the B.U, how is he going to perform with a bunch of savvy businessmen? What is his valuation?, what does he want from it (life president?) - how does he get there? scary

Big movements on NSNO and GOT. It's like a soap opera, each have their own ITK's and sources, and all the other members/guests are trying to make sense of it.

Supposedly Jain Group will be making an official statement soon, whether that materialises, who knows. But if anything, I get the impression the Jain group would only be working as a broker for the 'stadium' and football quarter part of the idea.

The impression that's been given on GOT is that there could be at least two interested parties (whom have held talks) and maybe one interested party (that noone is yet to disclose) is talking about the talkover aspects and the other (Jain Group) are involved due to their expertee's within the structual engineering business.

Maybe there is a 'grand' football quarter plan, and initial talks were about the idea of it happening and eventually serveral other avenues i.e. potential takeover opportunity, has arisen.

In heart of hearts I don't think anything will happen. There maybe developments within a sponsorship or club/business agreement with 'said' groups but i'm highly highly doubting that a takeover is imminant,

I did my own bit of diggin (not hard to be honest) and found another 'Jain Group' who go under the name of JGI Group.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_JGI_Group

The JGI (Jain Group of Institutions) Group was started by Founder and Chairman Dr. R Chenraj Jain.

Sri Bhagawan Mahaveer Jain College is the flagship institute of The JGI Group, headquartered at Bangalore. The group represents 50+ educational establishments that are home to over 26000 students from across the world & over 2000 staff members engaged at the P-12, Undergraduate & Postgraduate levels across 20 campuses

Sports Schools

• Jain Academy for Sporting Excellence, Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh
  • Jain Academy for Sporting Excellence, Kanakapura, Karnataka

Could the group in question be nothing to do with a takeover, rather than a sponsorship or link agreements for the new school of excellence that we're applying for?

And when people heard of the Jain Group, just jumped on the first one that appeared on Google?

I don't know, opening the options. Would explain why there could be an announcement from one of the 'other' Jain groups, asking people to stop harrassing them and they have no idea what fans are asking them :lol:

if they are not into a takeover, but have a major construction firm, and interested in the football quarter, i am putting 2 and 6 together and getting minus 15.

we only have goodison and the players left to sell. could they be interested in buying goodison, rebuilding it and rent it back to the club?

think of it this way, if they bought it for just enough to cover the debts (call it £40m approx) with their own firm rebuilding it, then rent it back to the club for say £10m a year (sort of like the finch farm deal but on a bigger scale) they may spend £100m rebuilding, after 14 years they have their money back and we are debt free, and bill gets to stay in charge.

if they are not into a takeover, but have a major construction firm, and interested in the football quarter, i am putting 2 and 6 together and getting minus 15.

we only have goodison and the players left to sell. could they be interested in buying goodison, rebuilding it and rent it back to the club?

think of it this way, if they bought it for just enough to cover the debts (call it £40m approx) with their own firm rebuilding it, then rent it back to the club for say £10m a year (sort of like the finch farm deal but on a bigger scale) they may spend £100m rebuilding, after 14 years they have their money back and we are debt free, and bill gets to stay in charge.

maybe buying Finch Farm now that you mention it?

A guy who I work with reckons he read it in his dad's gujerati newspaper a few weeks back. According to the article, they are planning to invest stupid money (Man City levels) into a Premier League club.

By all accounts this Jain group are massive... Multi billion pound firm, largely involved in construction (equivalent of something like Westfield). Had something to do with the underwriting of Venky's ownership at Blackburn, as well as involvement in the IPL, Indian Grand Prix, Indian X Factor.

If there's even a shred of truth in this..... yay.gifcelebrate.gifguns.gif

A guy who I work with reckons he read it in his dad's gujerati newspaper a few weeks back. According to the article, they are planning to invest stupid money (Man City levels) into a Premier League club.

By all accounts this Jain group are massive... Multi billion pound firm, largely involved in construction (equivalent of something like Westfield). Had something to do with the underwriting of Venky's ownership at Blackburn, as well as involvement in the IPL, Indian Grand Prix, Indian X Factor.

If there's even a shred of truth in this..... yay.gifcelebrate.gifguns.gif

if thats at all true, then it will be goodbye Moyes, they will want someone in charge who will actually win them something

if thats at all true, then it will be goodbye Moyes, they will want someone in charge who will actually win them something

What makes you think Moyes wouldnt win anything?

He has done a tremendous job so far and would at least deserve a crack at it if we did have any money

Edited by duncanmckenzieismagic

All getting a bit hypothetical. Until anything happens it might be best to presume it won't. It's a bit like getting eye contact from a bird in the bar and considering divorcing the wife. You find she only looked at you because she had to choose the ugliest bloke in the bar game, and you go home and make your own tea, before realising giving yourself a blow job is a tuffy.

What makes you think Moyes wouldnt win anything?

He has done a tremendous job so far and would at least deserve a crack at it if we did have any money

lots of things tbh, but the main one is that foreign owners investing multi-millions of pounds in a club will want a major name in charge, with a proven track record.

thats what i wanted :)

Edited by theprisoner

lots of things tbh, but the main one is that foreign owners investing multi-millions of pounds in a club will want a major name in charge, with a proven track record.

thats what i wanted smile.png

True enough, I suppose it depends on the kind of money that would be available for transfers.

Either way I think Moyse has a decent enough track record to be given a go

True enough, I suppose it depends on the kind of money that would be available for transfers.

Either way I think Moyse has a decent enough track record to be given a go

well it will do, but if DonKey is correct, and its Man City money or that kinda level, then id be surprised if Moyes stayed as manager, and even though ive never been his biggest fan, i will admit he probably deserves at least 1 season with a big budget

All getting a bit hypothetical. Until anything happens it might be best to presume it won't. It's a bit like getting eye contact from a bird in the bar and considering divorcing the wife. You find she only looked at you because she had to choose the ugliest bloke in the bar game, and you go home and make your own tea, before realising giving yourself a blow job is a tuffy.

love the analogy! rofl.gif

whilst there does appear to be some substance behind these rumours, is it just convenient that half-season tickets are due to come out soon and could this be the usual Kenwright propaganda machine working overtime to sell more, after all gates have been down this season to some extent

ooh that is a strong accusation with out evidence!

could be right though.

I have no idea if any of this story is actually true, however I have come across Indian deals before in my line of work, and they can sometimes take years because of minor details. So just because it is taking a while is no reason to think nothing is happening.

for example:

The Indians wanted an aeroplane and they were sold one by BAe. This aeroplane was everything that the Indians wanted. But time and tide wait for no man and developement continued. The latest and best versions of this aircraft are flown by the RAF and the Australian RAAF. The Indians have just recently started to take theirs. but they are unhappy with it. It is not as good as the RAF version. The reason being it took them so long to finalise the 'buying' paperwork they let the developement carry on without updating their order. They are getting what they ordered, it just so happens that the aeroplane they ordered is now out of date.

So it may take time for them to get sorted out in buying and/ or investing in a club like Everton. And as I mentioned above I have no idea if they are actually doing this.