IGNORED

Ross Barkley

I have to say that Barkley coming on against Chile was the only spark in a game that we were completely dominated. I have not witnessed a game as boring as that for a very long time.

At least when Barkley came on he offered a threat.

Long range first time effort and then his run into the penalty area. Thats what he offers, attacking threat.

I have to say that Barkley coming on against Chile was the only spark in a game that we were completely dominated. I have not witnessed a game as boring as that for a very long time.

At least when Barkley came on he offered a threat.

Long range first time effort and then his run into the penalty area. Thats what he offers, attacking threat.

And yet it's Cleverley, who offers absolutely nothing, who is starting tonight!

And yet it's Cleverley, who offers absolutely nothing, who is starting tonight!

I saw that this morning, was gobsmacked. Ive tried to support the Cleverly cause, but he hasnt exactly set the world alight so far this season. Im also amazed Barry hasnt been recalled to fit the CDM position. I imagine Barkley will get a shot in the second half though, hopefully he can make another impressive cameo

im quite happy for our players not to play this game,

I totally agree, depressing as it is but I won't be excited about England again until we get a decent manager and get rid of lampard,Gerard,cole etc and play the youngsters

Edited by Tricky Trev

Barkley didn't look too good tonight, lost the ball over and over and constantly made and decisions.

He's gotta pick his club form up now to have any chance of going to the world cup.

I would rather see h back in the u21s if I'm honest. Didn't do himself any favours tonight, hopefully he's saving it for Saturday.

Barkley didn't look too good tonight, lost the ball over and over and constantly made and decisions.

He's gotta pick his club form up now to have any chance of going to the world cup.

I would rather see h back in the u21s if I'm honest. Didn't do himself any favours tonight, hopefully he's saving it for Saturday.

Whereas Cleverley looked shite for the whole 70 odd minutes he was on the pitch!

Think it was difficult for Ross last night coming on in a game where our midfield had no control of the game, he's eager to show what he can do so tries too hard, and then he's played out wide :shaking fist: .

Whereas Cleverley looked shite for the whole 70 odd minutes he was on the pitch!

Think it was difficult for Ross last night coming on in a game where our midfield had no control of the game, he's eager to show what he can do so tries too hard, and then he's played out wide :shaking fist: .

Didnt think he did to be honest, thought it was one of his better performances!

1 thing that Ross needs to seriously work on is his decision making in front of the D. Every time he has it there, for club or country, he wants to touch it 4-5 times before either booting it into someone or laying it off. Either way, by the time hes done it the opposition has had time to get back and the attack is killed.

If one of his better performances is constantly giving the ball away then we're in trouble!

did a lot of closing down, some good passes (1 great one) and got stuck in. I felt his performance may have looked bad since Gerrard was doing fuck all and he was trying to do peoples roles. Plus, a lot of the passes he received were hit at him rather than to him. Dont get me wrong, it wasnt a great performance, but it seems like he is the whipping boy at the moment and it wasnt a bad performance, certainly not the worst on the field. How Sturridge stayed on the whole game is a mystery.

not sure why ross wants so many touches...took 1/2 vs norwich then BOOM..should feel confident that he is able to get a shot of quality away very quickly

hes trying to get it to fall just right I think, and his first 2 touches dont seem to be good enough to do that, at least in front of the D. By the time hes got it where he wants it, hes realized he has to lay it off. Im sure this will change with experience, just bloody frustrating in the meantime!

hes trying to get it to fall just right I think, and his first 2 touches dont seem to be good enough to do that, at least in front of the D. By the time hes got it where he wants it, hes realized he has to lay it off. Im sure this will change with experience, just bloody frustrating in the meantime!

hate to say it, but whilst at England he should watch how Gerrard and Lampard manage to do it... two of the best at creating the space to get shots away.

• 3 weeks later...

Yeah, seems happy here and is an Everton fan. Would you honestly want to play for another club other than Everton? Apparently Gerrard had a big word with him on England duty and heavily advised him to stay at Everton, like he's done at Liverpool. Don't like him but you can't argue with Gerrard's commitment to Liverpool. Could have easily left years ago but chose to stay. Hope Barkley follows in that manner.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/24464349

Another flattering BBC article on Ross.

I think we all know how good Ross can become and I'm sure every Evertonian hopes that he can achieve his potential and be even better than he already is.

I just wish that the media would stop going overboard about him being the next England saviour. There is a lot of pressure on him and he needs to be allowed to improve and fulfil his potential to the best of his ability, hopefully at Everton.

We know how the media can turn, build them up to knock them down, so come on, give the kid a bit of breathing space and not put too much pressure on his shoulders already.

On red cafe those arrogant sods are giving it the "yeah lets sign him in the summer and him and Januzai are gonna be ace"....

Do they not realise that he was actually a great player in the making before moyes dropped him and sent him on loans to clubs where his brain was too advnced for his team mates? I would love to see united finish around 8th spot, lose RVP and Rooney and basically be left with a side that needs 10 class signings = £200m investment.