IGNORED

The Blue Union respond

Ian C

• Replies 589
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some feel his love for the club and don't want to destroy that nice man who saved us from Peter Johnson. The problem is, that nice man is destroying us and he has no understanding of how he is perceived.

I think that most Evertonians would accept that Bill has done his best for the club. Ultimately it may be that his best is not good enough but I don't think it appropriate for Bill to be ridiculed or lambasted by some of the fans/forum comments (not just on TT).

It would be a shame if any Evertonian felt that they couldn't attend GP to support the team and this should also go for Bill. We, as Evertonians, pride ourselves on being better than the run of the mill fickle footy fans.

So whilst I agree that its time for a change in the boardroom, lets not make it personal.

I think that most Evertonians would accept that Bill has done his best for the club. Ultimately it may be that his best is not good enough but I don't think it appropriate for Bill to be ridiculed or lambasted by some of the fans/forum comments (not just on TT).

It would be a shame if any Evertonian felt that they couldn't attend GP to support the team and this should also go for Bill. We, as Evertonians, pride ourselves on being better than the run of the mill fickle footy fans.

So whilst I agree that its time for a change in the boardroom, lets not make it personal.

bingo.

• 1 month later...

hence asking for the information smartarse.

Thanks Louis

Why in which case further state your opinion of them and the Stance they have taken against the echo before you have read all you need to read? simple question.

What is it the blue union are doing that you oppose? Are you aware of everything you need to be or is your opinion based on "noise"

Why in which case further state your opinion of them and the Stance they have taken against the echo before you have read all you need to read? simple question.

What is it the blue union are doing that you oppose? Are you aware of everything you need to be or is your opinion based on "noise"

because i was making fun of the title, simple as. Dont need all the background knowledge to do that. Nor do I need every last bit of information to form my opinion of them.

Weve been over what I think of them many a time, im not jumping back on the hamster wheel. You think theyre a breath of fresh air on a righteous crusade (which Ive tried to understand), I think theyre an embarrassment, blowing useless contradicting and sometimes immature statements (mixed in with some very well put together and organized statements too I will concede) out of their ass . They couldve been a very good movement but instead they messed it up.

We both know were we both stand on this. Im not going into it any further.

I've only just read the O(pening) P(ost) and found it rather bizarre.

I have real knowledge of the BU, so no axe to grind, but what does stick right out at me (assuming the OP is correct) - is Everton's rather naive approach.

No business worth its salt when dealing with the media proper, or fans expected to communicate with the media would trust 'in your own words' as a clear directive.

Either Everton and BU should have agreed a Non-Disclosure agreement, or Everton must accept that what they say gets reported, verbatim or otherwise.

I have a great deal of sympathy for BU's assertion that verbatim almost becomes inevitable if trying to present the clearest and most impartial reportage.

I don't know the ability of the BU members, but one would reasonable expect Everton FC to have foreseen such an outcome.

If a club claims aspects of the report are misrepresentative, it would be fair to expect Everton to put forward their version.

As I say, I have no insight into BU's views and objectives, I can only comment on the OP - but it made for damn good reading!

I've now just read the entire 'transcript' -

Bearing in mind possible objections to the veracity of it, it makes BK look woefully incompetent.

BK claims to be the best salesman for the club? Who on earth would that be the case? what's his CV with regard to the sale of businesses / sports clubs?

Being a wonderful Everton fan does NOT equate to being the best salesman.

Furthermore, BK appears to suggest 'there's no money in the world' - it's true that the economy isn't in the best ever shape, but business is business and

investment still continues. It would be fair to say people are a tad more careful, and that a football club is even less appealing now than it was before - but the fact remains, IF an attractive proposition exists, a club can be sold.

The reason it isn't selling is because it's not an attractive proposition. Figuring out which aspects of Everton are troublesome is clearly the problem.

It's not the team, the team are virtually irrelevant.

It's unlikely to be the fan base - it's a good size, not in the most affluent area, but neither is Liverpool, Man U, City, Newcastle, Blackburn (esp Blackburn which is in one of the most deprived areas in the country (Darwen)) et al.

It MIGHT be the stadium

It MIGHT be the debt

It MIGHT be the price (which is effectively a misjudgment on the attractiveness of the previous two!)

So why can't BK say that? instead of saying "I don't know, I don't know"

He also tried to claim Liverpool wasn't 'sold' and tries to counter the fact that Blackburn WERE sold with 'who'd want to buy Blackburn' - well, erm somebody DID. Of course you can say was it a good change of owner - but the fact remains, a buyer saw potential in Blackburn, rightly or wrongly.

BK listed a number of things that didn't pan out... but eventually you have to start wondering if a massive run of bad luck is probable, or it's incompetence.

Finally, and laughably, he then claims that a potential buyer carried out due diligence and Everton were ready to sell, when they found out the two key parties were more or less ficticious or certainly had used completely bogus credentials.

Pray tell, what happened to Everton's OWN due diligence prior to getting involved? Everton appeared to have left it rather late in the day to start asking questions 'just prior' to being ready to sell. Is BK over egging the pudding with this story, or is it genuine? either way - it reeks of incompetence, and not from BK alone.

I am certainly not one for Everton bashing, but thank God most other fans DON'T look at stuff like this - it makes Everton look daft. (And yes, my own club can teach you a thing or two about looking daft! we're past and current masters at it, but improving).

Do people (on the whole) believe the BU 'almost verbatim' account is accurate?

The fact that Everton haven't sued the BU over it suggests that it is accurate, and people should believe that it's accurate.

I comes across as though taken from a recording? If so, it would be a PR nightmare for Everton if proven to be 100% accurate.

I still can't get over BK's assertion that there is NOBODY better than him to sell the club. That's just ludicrous. I have no problem with him saying he's doing all he can - but to claim to be the best, is laughable.

BU ran rings around him (seemingly) - esp after he refused to say where the money had gone, then effectively let it slip out with "paying down the debt". And of course the blatant contradictions coming out of the club. Most businesses with their act together will at least coordinate their media messages to sing from the same hymn sheet. But BK's saying one thing, whilst others are saying something else. It's little wonder fans just want to know! - even if it's bad news.

I think they might even respect him saying "the REASON we're not saying much is because it's a business, and we don't conduct out business in public" - it's better than trying to bullshit and being found out in the space of a single meeting!

I comes across as though taken from a recording? If so, it would be a PR nightmare for Everton if proven to be 100% accurate.

I still can't get over BK's assertion that there is NOBODY better than him to sell the club. That's just ludicrous. I have no problem with him saying he's doing all he can - but to claim to be the best, is laughable.

BU ran rings around him (seemingly) - esp after he refused to say where the money had gone, then effectively let it slip out with "paying down the debt". And of course the blatant contradictions coming out of the club. Most businesses with their act together will at least coordinate their media messages to sing from the same hymn sheet. But BK's saying one thing, whilst others are saying something else. It's little wonder fans just want to know! - even if it's bad news.

I think they might even respect him saying "the REASON we're not saying much is because it's a business, and we don't conduct out business in public" - it's better than trying to bullshit and being found out in the space of a single meeting!

Blimey, put far less aggressively than I would or have but spot on. The word incompetence features a fair few times and with good reason. I wonder how Swales would have split the fans in a day of Internet knowledge if he played the "I'm mr man city" card whilst sending the best home grown talent they've ever produced and maybe one of englands, back from a career saving op in economy which ended with him being doubled in agony, just to save a few bob?!

Did he know that would have meant the end of paul lake? Nope, chances were it was all over anyhow, but you leave nothing to chance. Be thorough in everything you do. Unfortunately for us, whilst he ain't been responsible for trying to mend barkleys double fracture with a plaster, he has made some whoppers has bill.

Blimey, put far less aggressively than I would or have but spot on. The word incompetence features a fair few times and with good reason. I wonder how Swales would have split the fans in a day of Internet knowledge if he played the "I'm mr man city" card whilst sending the best home grown talent they've ever produced and maybe one of englands, back from a career saving op in economy which ended with him being doubled in agony, just to save a few bob?!

Did he know that would have meant the end of paul lake? Nope, chances were it was all over anyhow, but you leave nothing to chance. Be thorough in everything you do. Unfortunately for us, whilst he ain't been responsible for trying to mend barkleys double fracture with a plaster, he has made some whoppers has bill.

It's one thing for fans to be split on who is the right man at the top - that's normal really. It's the woeful incompetence of him infront of the media. In this day and age, it's hard to keep secrets - so best not to try unless you're a fool!.

Of course, I'm basing all this on the assumption that the transcript is genuine, but he comes across as patronising without reason to be, since he's struggling to answer basic questions and when he does, they aren't particularly well formulated.

It's this 'judgment' rather than his passion that (in opinion) is what must be frustrating Everton fans. Am I wide of the mark?

Edited by BlueSky

It's one thing for fans to be split on who is the right man at the top - that's normal really. It's the woeful incompetence of him infront of the media. In this day and age, it's hard to keep secrets - so best not to try unless you're a fool!.

Of course, I'm basing all this on the assumption that the transcript is genuine, but he comes across as patronising without reason to be, since he's struggling to answer basic questions and when he does, they are particularly well formulated.

It's this 'judgment' rather than his passion that (in opinion) is what must be frustrating Everton fans. Am I wide of the mark?

I think 'diva' is an appropriate word. It's a very showy world where he spends the majority of his time, all shoulder rubbing, best mates with everyone, whenever I see Kate Winslet I see Bill. Both over indulged, full of the joys of spring, loving the attention whilst trying to be humble, over euphoric speeches that have you cringing. Love to make people think that they are commoners (Kate will roll a ciggie etc, Bill was in the boys pen)

You hope that the person you see is real, but you really do doubt it, you look at their failings and see narcissistic traits.

I read articles such as this http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1035758/Kenwright-heals-family-rift.html and wonder what makes him tick. When coupled with the nonsense recorded in his blue union meeting I feel like i'm not too far off the mark.

Nobody is better than Bill - or at least never try to be eh?

Yes, I totally agree

I 'isolation' his interviews seem reasonable down to earth and honest. Loves Everton, wants what is best, put money in etc etc.. mates with the manager etc etc.

But then you step back and look at multiple interviews - where statements conflict, or he's churning out the same tired stories - but nothing new in terms of 'update' etc. And - mates with the manager is all very well, but perhaps that's symptomatic of his style - it's a business (no offence @ Moyes, he's not in question here), and a business isn't 'mates' with anybody. Moyes is an employee (and a damn good one), but that's as far as it goes.

He's like a government really. You cannot be at the helm for 6-7 years (and have reasonably decent insight PRIOR to that too) and then pretend it's not happened on your watch.

YES the economy's been a problem of late

YES councils sometimes put obstructions on your way

YES sometimes sharp businessmen take you for a ride

but when it keeps happening Bill, you HAVE to question 'are you the right man?' - and moreover, given your current state of affairs at the helm, what possibly evidence is there to support your assertion that you're the best man to sell the club? - I see none, but plenty to contradict his claim.

I cannot fault him for his 'has to be the RIGHT' owner talk - but that's populist rhetoric too. Firstly a.) He will never KNOW who is 'right' or 'wrong' until after the fact b.) He's already said it's a tough market, and now he's wanting to cherry pick too? c.) A serious buyer doesn't care what BK does or does not think, and the more BK exhibits his 'Everton fan' persona, the less impressive that looks as a businessman with whom other businessmen are trying to negotiate.

My instinct says he's a decent bloke, loves the club, and genuinely thought he could help, whilst at the same time, being a fans favourite and increasing his publicity. It hasn't worked out as well as planned, not least due to his lack of experience in this area and possibly his heart ruling his head too. Now, he's reluctant to say "I had a go, made a bit of a mess of it, and it's been made worse by events not of his own making".

The 'slippery' side to him though - it's starting to come through now the heat is on. He took the glory but is reluctant to acknowledge blame.

Wish he could just be honest and let Everton fans have a positive memory of him having 'had a go'. It will end in tears if he carries on down the same path for much longer.

just read it word for word, it doesnt make nice reading. it highlights the clubs failings quite well, im sure it will make its way to the club one way or another.

i dont like the way the blue union have done some things, but its hard for me personally not to agree with their cause. hopefully this will help them, hopefully a few more people will see through the lies of the club, hopefully we will be pulled out of this mess.

at least we won on sunday.