• Marouane Fellaini
    • Seamus Coleman
    • Leon Osman
    • Jack Rodwell
    • Tim Cahill
    • Louis Saha
    • Royston Drenthe
    • Apostolos Velios

Think rodders showed signs of being the player we want him to be. Despite booking he kept plugging away.

Watched Liverpool earlier and I would sooner have rodders than Henderson, whilst they are both at risk of being very ordinary due to lacking mentality to be winners I feel rodwell can influence a game more. Let's hope moyes bigs him up and uses it as a spring board.

Neville was awful, fellaini was way below par for me and should not be deployed in an advanced position. Jags needs to seriously sort hos head out, schoolboy errors all over the show at the moment. Osman was missing too.

agree with most on here, rodwell and Distin the main men but everyone played well.

Rodwell has been a player that maybe hasn't been quite sure exaclty what position he's supposed to be playing in the past but given a definate job today he did it brilliantly, Silva rarely got away from him and he stuck to his task very well even despite a pretty solid yellow in the first half.

Distin also showed what an athlete he is despite his age, winning everything and being cool under pressure turning their attacking players nicely when in the corner as well as looking to push forward with the ball a few times.

can't really fault anyone that played, did a good job under a lot of pressure from City's quality attack. It was no surprise that they eventually got their goal despite never really getting the ball in the box all game and at that point it was going to be hard to shift to a tactic that would get us a goal back. The second goal was disappointing, Drenthe a poor ball and 2 defenders, neither of which took responsibility and went for the ball when it was there to be won.

Hope Cahill's alright but if he's not it does open up a chance for on of our strikers to step up and a bit of a change in style maybe.

Im really pleased to see jack get some praise. He's not had a great last 12 months and maybe today with the role he was in taking away the creative pressure has helped. I hope the staff let him know what a good job he done on possibly the best player in the league.

I hope he can push on and get back to him and felli working on a good partnership.

Thought Neville did ok today but I would like to go back to felli and jack for the derby.

Very disappointed from that showing. I am beginning to get fed up with negative tactics of employing one man up front and that being a midfielder. We may not have the biggest of squads but we have forwards sitting on the bench, i'm afraid that just f**king annoys me. We may have contained City and given them their sternest test so far this season in regards to them having to break us down but that they did and we couldn't change our status within the game. Because of our tactics the obvious choice for man of the match is a defender and like many I agree that Distin was our best yesterday.

They got a lucky deflection to be fair, followed by an awful mistake from Drenthe (an attacking player). When Saha came on, he had about 3 touches all game, and did zilch. I'd rather Vellios played than Saha at the moment, as I think Louis will be putting his feet up somewhere this time next year.

Saha actually looked bright IMO, he totally fooled Kompany to nip into the box and was outrageously denied a free kick.

Vellios looks like he is going to be a good player, good mobility and certainly has great spring.