Who should the back pair be?  

24 members have voted

1. 1. What should Moyes do?

• Jags and Distin
    • Heitinga and Distin
    • Jags and Heitinga
    • Rotate the 3
    • Rotate including Duffy and Mustafi

I voted jags and dusty bin, i haven't seen anything in jonny that makes me think he's any better than jags, and when jags is on form( which he ain't at the moment) I think he's better than JH. Would rather jonny as a defensive midfielder and drop neville from that position

I think Jags and Heitinger. I prefer Distin to Heitinger but I think for the longer term benefit of Everton, it's best to go with the younger player and eventually hope he'll surpass Distin (sooner rather than later). I think a lot of clubs spend too long going with the older 'trusted' stalwarts at the cost of letting younger ones come through. I know Heitinger's not that young - but compared with Distin...

Just a question of how much can Heitinger improve? he should be around his peak now :-/

Edited by BlueSky

I think Jags and Heitinger. I prefer Distin to Heitinger but I think for the longer term benefit of Everton, it's best to go with the younger player and eventually hope he'll surpass Distin (sooner rather than later). I think a lot of clubs spend too long going with the older 'trusted' stalwarts at the cost of letting younger ones come through. I know Heitinger's not that young - but compared with Distin...

Just a question of how much can Heitinger improve? he should be around his peak now :-/

Whos this Heitinger guy, did we make a new signing over the summer that noone told us about?

Well we havent seen enough of Heitinga with anyone recently to confirm who he would be best along side, as its safe to say Distin & Jags together isnt working.

Jags & Heits did well against Man Utd but were second best at Newcastle.

Distin & Heits havent played together for a while, but they did seem to show a decent understanding in their first season here.

If nothing else, at least Heitinga keeps the ball on the floor and has a calmness on the ball, and if all three were equal in their defensive ability then he should get the nod for that alone.

Well we havent seen enough of Heitinga with anyone recently to confirm who he would be best along side, as its safe to say Distin & Jags together isnt working.

Jags & Heits did well against Man Utd but were second best at Newcastle.

Distin & Heits havent played together for a while, but they did seem to show a decent understanding in their first season here.

If nothing else, at least Heitinga keeps the ball on the floor and has a calmness on the ball, and if all three were equal in their defensive ability then he should get the nod for that alone.

Theres a hell of a lot less shouting between the 2, sometimes I think Jags gets to carried away trying to lead the back four and it has a negative effect. Howard needs to step up and keep the back four more organised.

Jags and Distin - Distin has to be in there as he is our only physically imposeing CB and I think this is needed as was shown by the way Leon Best bullied our defence in the first half. Jags I think is a better defender than Heitinga, the worry has been his recent form but what has Heitinga done in the last year and a half? Capped off by an abysmal performance last weekend.

Watching eng vs Spain - jags misses Lescott, they seem to complement each other. Although jags is probably our best centre back overall he hasn't clicked with either heitinga or Distin whereas the afore mentioned pair seemed to compliment each other when they got a run of games at the end of the 09-10 season. As much as I love him maybe jags needs to drop out of the starting xi until he earns his place back.

Watching eng vs Spain - jags misses Lescott, they seem to complement each other. Although jags is probably our best centre back overall he hasn't clicked with either heitinga or Distin whereas the afore mentioned pair seemed to compliment each other when they got a run of games at the end of the 09-10 season. As much as I love him maybe jags needs to drop out of the starting xi until he earns his place back.

Maybe city will be watching and we can trick them in to swapping Kompany for Lescotts benefit

Yeah he looks very strong and assured partnering lescott, they soild just like they did for us a couple of seasons ago! I think there have been glimpses last season of it with distin but not this season for some reason.

As someone posted, England were very much like the Everton side of a few years back - understood their limitations aginst a superior team and played accordingly. Maybe if they had that mindset in most games we would do alot better.

They didn't park the bus as such, they allowed Spain to play where they couldn't do any harm and pressed and harried, contrast that to our style now - we sit back and invite teams.

Edited by Hafnia