IGNORED

January transfers - what are you expecting?

Avinalaff

Just finished watching Fulham deservedly beat Arsenal and was very impressed by Bryan Ruiz. I didnt know much about him from his time in Holland, and after looking on Wikipedia I was a little surprised to see how much he cost them (£10.6mil), but nethertheless he looks like he has the lot, especially in the creative dept. I thought the lob against us might have been a fluke, considering I hadnt heard much of him before but it seems he is that type of player.

Seeing as the horse has bolted on that one so to speak, I was also very impressed by a youngster by the name of Frei that came on. He had really good feet, was quick and has an eye for a pass. His movement was excellent and he got into some really good positions. I doubt Fulham would look to sell, especially on the cheap, but he looks to have a decent future.

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fulham beat Arsenal?, when I was coming home the North London side was ahead at half time, I feel better for hearing this news

People have talked about bringing in Zamora as a potential target, but he's no big game player, has been useful in the past but I don't rate him anymore, and then I go and look at the official site and find he gets the winner unsure.png but that aside I don't think he's worth a gamble unless we can grab him on a free like with Beckford before. I heard some rumors we are taking an interest in Jordan Rhodes at Huddersfield, I knew full well he was at Ipswich a year or two ago and did little at all but since arriving in Yorkshire has been quite prolific. Would Moyes really be interested in the kid though and let's not forget what a step up it is from going from that level of play into the premier league, takes a while for lower league players to adapt sometimes and would he really be a success?

Im still hoping for someone like Arshavin and Pav. Those two would complete Everton imo and it wouldnt be the most costly solution in the world. (ideally Messi or Xavi and Ibrahimovic but we all know that nothing like that would ever happen) Arshavin and Pav are actually not a totaly impossible dream.

(i might be naive tho, but rather naive with some hope than a simple realist with no hope)

I'd love those two Peter but I'm pretty sure it would never happen well certain on Arshavin I'd expect him to be at the high end of Arsenals wage structure, I'd also bet a fair few clubs would be in for him and even going back to Russia would command huge wages.

I'd take Pav but he's a player who needs good service and at the moment he wouldn't get that here unless we address other area's.

I'd love us to get Drenthe on a permanent deal and bring in a player like McGeady who has pace graft and most of all an end product.

Im still hoping for someone like Arshavin and Pav. Those two would complete Everton imo and it wouldnt be the most costly solution in the world. (ideally Messi or Xavi and Ibrahimovic but we all know that nothing like that would ever happen) Arshavin and Pav are actually not a totaly impossible dream.

(i might be naive tho, but rather naive with some hope than a simple realist with no hope)

I wouldnt want Arshavin anywhere near us, he frustrates the crap out of me at Arsenal and I dont even support them! He gives the ball away so often its unreal, he is lazy, has little to no positional sense, and does contribute anywhere near enough. He doesnt score enough goals and he doesnt get enough assists for a player of his calibre in this league. I thought he would thrive at Arsenal but despite flickers of promise he has been hugely dissapointing. Although I will say that he will be a much better player through the centre.

After reading that, I cant help but think he is a mildly better version of Bily!

I wouldnt want Arshavin anywhere near us, he frustrates the crap out of me at Arsenal and I dont even support them! He gives the ball away so often its unreal, he is lazy, has little to no positional sense, and does contribute anywhere near enough. He doesnt score enough goals and he doesnt get enough assists for a player of his calibre in this league. I thought he would thrive at Arsenal but despite flickers of promise he has been hugely dissapointing. Although I will say that he will be a much better player through the centre.

After reading that, I cant help but think he is a mildly better version of Bily!

His goal and assists to minutes ratio incredible. 23 goals 22 assist in 4000 minutes works out as a goal or assist per game.

I don't know (exactly) how much Wenger paid for him but I remember it was an eight figure sum if memory serves. All I know is he has had some standout moments since arriving but if I was a supporter there I would strongly argue we haven't had our money's worth. I don't think he's even that prolific for the Russia national side and am not going to wade through statistics to verify but that's how I see it

Seems media are still banging on about having to sell to buy. Don't they know Everton made more than a few million in the Summer. I still have hope that Moyes has at least 5 million . Bill and Rob both said that money would be available. They did, they did.

I really hope if this is not the case, that the fans won't forget about it.

Seems media are still banging on about having to sell to buy. Don't they know Everton made more than a few million in the Summer. I still have hope that Moyes has at least 5 million . Bill and Rob both said that money would be available. They did, they did.

I really hope if this is not the case, that the fans won't forget about it.

they won't...don't you worry about that

His goal and assists to minutes ratio incredible. 23 goals 22 assist in 4000 minutes works out as a goal or assist per game.

This, and to be fair to the guy, although he might not have shone the way we thought he would, these stats are really really good.

I think he is a brilliant player, the little tsar or whatever they call him. I just feel that he would do better at another club. At Everton perhaps. He is way better than Bily.

Drenthe on a perminant deal,

RIGHT WINGER (to stop Rodwell and Osman being played their)

Striker on loan, Carlton Cole until we can get a perminant striker in the summer

DM not to play players out of position when he has other options

Cole's a good shout I think He could do well here but he's already knocked teams back to stay on at WH and I don't think they would loan him out.Up top I really struggle to think of anyone that we could afford or whould want to come on loan that could make an impact?I think Welbeck would be a great addition on a loan, Lukaku? Jelavic? Maiga? Hoarau? god knows but I hope we get someone in!!

My absolute ideal January using the Arteta money (before anyone says, I know it'll be used for the banks but i'm talking hyperthetically) -

BUY - Nathaniel Clyne - RB - Will be England RB in years to come. All rounder, good in attack and defense, calm and composed but can put a tough tackle in. *Contract expires next summer, Cheap.

BUY - Junior Huilett - Winger - Blackburns only highlight of the season (bar the United victory), consistant attacking threat, pace and power combined. Needs to working on decision making. *Contract expires next summer, Cheap.

Only one of the following:

BUY/LOAN - AP Gignac - Strong, good feet, knows where the back of the net is and Marseille want rid. International, who has all the attributes to succeed. Needs to chill the F*ck down though, has spats every now and then!

LOAN - Chamakh - Striker - Could add height and class to our frontline. Doesn't get the games at Arsenal and is looking less likely to get some soon now that Henry is back. At Bordeux he showed he can mingle with the bigboys, maybe he just needed a little more time to 'bed in'.

LOAN (View To Perm) - Gourcuff - AM - Absolute class, this guy I've rated for years, for me he was the best player in France for 2 years running and made a huge move to Lyon, where it just hasn't worked out for him. Lyon are looking to cut their loses...if you think Arteta was good, this guy on form makes me cream my pants. Not on massive wages considering, a 'footballer' at heart and is yet to find his primadona feet so if someone was to snap him up, they'll have not only a worldclass player but a pure talent. If Everton someone how got this transer *gets hard on*, I just wouldn't sleep, ever...i'd have sore wrists for months.

Just for Merchandise purposes:

BUY - Ewerton - CB - Impressive defender from Braga, been loaned out where he's had a tremendous season....hang on a minute, isn't his named prenounced E-v-e-r-t-o-n? Oh yes it is!! Get him signed...now...please...

First couple of seasons he pretty much filled his boots and took advantage of a good Arsenal team that created lots of chances. His stats flatter him and for the last 2 seasons he has been dire. Would love to know what his stats have been for those games.

My absolute ideal January using the Arteta money (before anyone says, I know it'll be used for the banks but i'm talking hyperthetically) -

BUY - Nathaniel Clyne - RB - Will be England RB in years to come. All rounder, good in attack and defense, calm and composed but can put a tough tackle in. *Contract expires next summer, Cheap.

BUY - Junior Huilett - Winger - Blackburns only highlight of the season (bar the United victory), consistant attacking threat, pace and power combined. Needs to working on decision making. *Contract expires next summer, Cheap.

Wouldnt disagree with these two. Im a fan of Clyne and he can whip in a good ball as well. Surprised no-one else has snapped him up before now. I also didnt realise both of these were getting towards the end of their contracts. I dont rate Chamakh though, in terms of what he would bring to our set up.

Unfortunately I dont watch enough foreign football to comment on the others properly but of the glimpses I saw of Gignac a couple of seasons ago I always thought he was going to be the next decent French prospect but for some reason it has never materialised.

He's off to the African Nations at present. That's always been a big negative for me with African players. I like him though.

Plus we could have had him for free in the summer! In my opinion he's currently the best finisher in the Prem - would go as far to say he's a world class finisher.

However good he is - we cannot pay £10m for a striker we could have had for £0m in the summer. A.) we can't afford it... B.) even if we could, we couldn't justify that lack of judgement.

Plus we could have had him for free in the summer! In my opinion he's currently the best finisher in the Prem - would go as far to say he's a world class finisher.

However good he is - we cannot pay £10m for a striker we could have had for £0m in the summer. A.) we can't afford it... B.) even if we could, we couldn't justify that lack of judgement.

How is it that we could have signed him, and didn't?

What I never understand about transfer windows, be it summer or January, is why if teams need new players from the beginning does virtually every transfer happen on the last day?

negotiation tactic i would imagine. Leave it to the last minute and panic sets in; sell for more or less than the player is worth.

negotiation tactic i would imagine. Leave it to the last minute and panic sets in; sell for more or less than the player is worth.

But both sides invariably cancel each other out. Either seller holds out for more money and risks losing the sale, or the buyer holds out for a lower price and risks losing out.

In the end, both clubs just lose time, and at least one of them loses out (with no remaining time to replace the outgoing player, or seek an alternative incoming player.... unless they gamble and buy before selling, which often gets clubs into financial trouble.

I suppose it's par for the course really, but you do have to admire a couple of recent moves where teams have simply done their business early. Good, sensible business if you ask me.