IGNORED

Twitter Transfer Rumours

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry, I never realised finishing 7th was winning.

no need to be sorry.

I agree. People have been making out that we did well last season..... but like YOU, I think we kinda hit seventh as a default after a purple patch.

could have fought for fourth or fifth at one point but bottled it when it was really needed.

Maybe we should get rid of Ferguson and Koeman as they were manager and coach eh?

no need to be sorry.

I agree. People have been making out that we did well last season..... but like YOU, I think we kinda hit seventh as a default after a purple patch.

could have fought for fourth or fifth at one point but bottled it when it was really needed.

Maybe we should get rid of Ferguson and Koeman as they were manager and coach eh?

Ferguson is one of many coaches Shukes, he's just a coach. My point being I wouldn't be overly arsed if he left, I never said I wanted him to leave but if he did I wouldn't lose any sleep. If however it was a straight choice between him and Bergkamp I would give him a piggy back back to Scotland .

He has no bearing on tactics, players brought in, formations etc so I'm not sure why you would want to sack him and Koeman together as a pair when he isn't really part of Koemans coaching staff per se as he was already there. He was kept on as he is familiar with the club which I'm absolutely fine with but to me, and in my opinion he would be no great loss as he wasn't a great player- average at best imo, goal return was poor as was his temprement on the pitch. But for some reason with some of our fans he's completely above any critisism.

Sorry but I personally don't get the adulation with him- but that's just me.

Edited by Paddock

Ferguson is one of many coaches Shukes, he's just a coach. My point being I wouldn't be overly arsed if he left, I never said I wanted him to leave but if he did I wouldn't lose any sleep. If however it was a straight choice between him and Bergkamp I would give him a piggy back back to Scotland .

He has no bearing on tactics, players brought in, formations etc so I'm not sure why you would want to sack him and Koeman together as a pair when he isn't really part of Koemans coaching staff per se as he was already there. He was kept on as he is familiar with the club which I'm absolutely fine with but to me, and in my opinion he would be no great loss as he wasn't a great player- average at best imo, goal return was poor as was his temprement on the pitch. But for some reason with some of our fans he's completely above any critisism.

Sorry but I personally don't get the adulation with him- but that's just me.

No that's fair enough. People see things differently.

I do think as our forward coach though, he does have a bearing in tactics as I would presume he is instructed by koeman on how he wants his forwards to play.

And although Koeman didn't bring him in, he seems to always be close at hand.

He could be more valuable than you think, or vice Versa.

But given a straight choice.... I would also have Bergkamp any day.

If Dunc had not been there last year would Rom have got 25 goals? and would we have got 90m for him? and would we have the money to buy a bag of chips with now?

It is all what may have happened or could happen with the big man. I think he is worth keeping on in some capacity just for the intangibles he brings to the club.

• 2 weeks later...