IGNORED

Nikica Jelavic

Just had a nose at rangers forums - earlier last year they were saying he was far too good for them - the overriding comments are - skill, strength and workrate. Some on there saying he would be a £20m plus player if he showed such form in the EPL... unfortunately until we have £15-20m to spend on an 8/10 proven premiership player then this is what we need to do.

I liken this to an allocation on arrival holiday... you hope what you are going to get is costing everyone else at least twice what you have paid for, then again, you could end up in the middle of nowehere in a shed... let's hope jelavic turns out to be an all inclusive paradise.

Good analogy Haf, I like it.

Delighted with this piece of business

Twitter, that said i've seen two reliable sources reporting the mdical and personal terms in different order - think this is now 99.99987% done deal...

Can he play tonight? daft question maybe....

I dont think so, I think that he needed to sign yesterday to be available today.

This is a great signing imo

im not doing any winding up! its just taken over all the twitter streams!

Not sure im that upset to be honest, didnt want him anyway but was getting excited about signing someone!

Haf....

he's winding you up... goes to show what neglected fans we are the fact that you believe it!

....86440219.RjTzeCqh.2wanker.gif

:lol:

Says nothing about the deal being finalized. I will believe it when it comes on BBC or SSN

I didn't say anything had been finalised, but Everton would have put the article up after you'd said he couldn't agree terms. And like I've just said, SSN have said his advisors have just arrived to discuss terms.

What worries me about this deal is the fact if it takes all day to sort then theres no chance of getting anyone else in!!

I disagree, Moyes will do talks with several players today and if needs be will make Steve Round hold talks with other players. All of the Everton staff that have negotiating skills will be at Moyes' disposal to talk to as many players as they possibly can given the deadline situation so I would not be surprised if for example we have Moyes speaking to Jelavic, Round speaking to Hoarou and some more negotiators of the club speaking to the likes of Pienaar, Doyle and Messi.

I woulden't worry.

I disagree, Moyes will do talks with several players today and if needs be will make Steve Round hold talks with other players. All of the Everton staff that have negotiating skills will be at Moyes' disposal to talk to as many players as they possibly can given the deadline situation so I would not be surprised if for example we have Moyes speaking to Jelavic, Round speaking to Hoarou and some more negotiators of the club speaking to the likes of Pienaar, Doyle and Messi.

I woulden't worry.

We have a chief executive and his underlings to sort deals out.

We have a chief executive and his underlings to sort deals out.

That's what I was trying to get across ;)

I don't know 100% who is in charge of transfers and negotiations but I doubt very highly that we can only negotiate with one person at a time. It's much more likely and practical to have a team of people working to get as many players into our club as possible.

All I'm saying is that we havent managed it in the last few years, lucky to get one or two on board within this window and look at previous disasters Lescott!!

I just hope they are on top of it this time and you will be right, very important this time to secure the club in the Premiership.

That's what I was trying to get across wink.png

I don't know 100% who is in charge of transfers and negotiations but I doubt very highly that we can only negotiate with one person at a time. It's much more likely and practical to have a team of people working to get as many players into our club as possible.

Phillip Green