IGNORED

England

That midfield 3 for Slovenia were excellent. Really disciplined, aggressive and knew their job. You compare that to our midfield 3 who have twice as much talent but look like they didn't know what they were there to do.

Everyone they got the ball they looked forward and quickly. Everytime ours got the ball they slowed the ball down and passed sideways. At one point Henderson won the ball back in midfield with a counter attack on but instead he played a slow pass to Danny Rose behind him instead of carrying the ball or playing it forward.

Until our mentality changes we will always struggle to beat defensive teams.

Every time an England player receives a pass - he is standing still. Everything is too slow. You never see any quick 'one-two's' on the edge of the opposition penalty area. England have this built-in mindset that when you get the ball your first instinct is to look sideways or backwards.

• 4 weeks later...

If Southgate is being judged on his results over the next 2 or 3 games he got shafted (Spain & Germany).

On the other hand the players may really want him to get the job and it might improve their performances.

I'm not sure a top quality club manager is automatically suited to being an international manager so I would rule out some of the more obvious choices on those grounds.

I have no idea why Wenger is being touted, has he ever expressed any interest in the job?

It really is a diabolical England squad... Cresswell, Keane, Antonio...

Keane only gets picked because he is playing well in a defensive team that holds its shape with plenty of bodies around him. As soon as he has to play in an attacking team he will get found out.

If I was manager I doubt I could find 20 players let alone the 25 Southgate has picked!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/38004999

Not seen them but how was it that the "pictures" were inappropriate? It was surely his behaviour he should be apologising for if anything; or is it OK to do what you like as long as nobody has a camera?

Don't really get why anyone has their knickers in a twist that he got pissed anyway tbh.