IGNORED

England

9 hours ago, Finn balor said:

We were comfy today. Didn’t have to step out of second gear. England could be the dominant force in years to come. I’ts no coincidence all these young players have come through the ranks under Southgate 

Wait until we play a decent team first before getting too carried away!

8 hours ago, Cornish Steve said:

It’s a real shame this game, or Belgium versus Brazil, isn’t the final. Croatia and England don’t hold a candle to France or Belgium. 

Complete and utter rubbish, it's coming home shame it's not your home, more sour grapes I sense from you again.

We have more than enough in our armoury to beat Belgium or France, they would both fear us more in a final than us them.

Come on England.

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/11429283/gary-neville-raheem-sterling-was-brilliant-and-half-time-criticism-was-disgusting

He does realise he sat in front of millions of people and criticised a goalkeeper for jumping with his feet off the floor?

I normally like Gary Neville, but he's been a right cock about a lot of things during this tournament.

18 hours ago, MikeO said:

I agree, Alli is the one glaring weak link thus far.

He was invisible until he scored, then I thought it gave him confidence and he was more involved from then. That being said, he doesn't look close to being anywhere near fit so it's a bit silly to be playing him.

18 hours ago, Mirallas said:

And Sterling

He was just shit from start to finish.

7 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/11429283/gary-neville-raheem-sterling-was-brilliant-and-half-time-criticism-was-disgusting

He does realise he sat in front of millions of people and criticised a goalkeeper for jumping with his feet off the floor?

I normally like Gary Neville, but he's been a right cock about a lot of things during this tournament.

I actually thought he played well first half but I wouldn't call his performance brilliant because he didn't make the most of his good work. He got through a lot of work, his movement was excellent and his link up play was good too, but he has to put the ball in the back of the net. Second half, he was still trying but frustration looked like it was getting the better of him and he was on the periphery. At the end of that first half he was my MOTM, but half of that was because no-one else was really doing anything.

I am not sure Neville is that qualified to comment on goalkeeping technique because his argument is basically "I played ahead of Schmeichel and VDS, and they didnt do that" completely ignoring the developments in the game since then (mainly the ball, and probably ball speed) and that they both also made mistakes. De Gea does the same thing with his feet but seems immune from it. That footwork is one of the reasons he can reach so far (same with Joel too when he was here), its essentially their anticipation, and all this talk about diving with the wrong hand is pure BS. It would be nice to see a keeper in these TV studios one day to give a balanced opinion.

14 hours ago, hafnia said:

I get the feeling you aren't supporting England. 

You’re right, but that’s beside the point. So far, England have been a rather average side. They’ve not played any of the top teams, getting rather lucky in the draw. Commentators are being unrealistic right now. Personally, I wouldn’t put England among the top ten teams in the world. They’re rather on a par with Wales, I would say.

Maybe they’ll step up in the next game, against another average team, but they have a long way to go to beat teams like Belgium, France, or Brazil. Is Henderson on a par with De Bruyne, or Sterling on a par with Hazard?

2 hours ago, Cornish Steve said:

You’re right, but that’s beside the point. So far, England have been a rather average side. They’ve not played any of the top teams, getting rather lucky in the draw. Commentators are being unrealistic right now. Personally, I wouldn’t put England among the top ten teams in the world. They’re rather on a par with Wales, I would say.

Maybe they’ll step up in the next game, against another average team, but they have a long way to go to beat teams like Belgium, France, or Brazil. Is Henderson on a par with De Bruyne, or Sterling on a par with Hazard?

It's not about individuals, it's about the collective the team as a whole, and how they play as a unit, and yes to your question has Henderson been on a par with De Bruyne in my opinion he's exceeded him this tournament.

5 hours ago, Cornish Steve said:

That average team we just knocked out beat France in the qualifying group pipped the Netherlands and knocked out Italy to get here then topped a group with favourites Germany and many people's dark horse in Mexico 

There's many similar examples it's tournament football you beat what's Infront of you and bar the training game match against Belgium we've played very well 

This side is young playing the most cohesive football I've seen since Euro 96 no primma donnas no over hyped media nonsense just decent football if you can't see that then you need to put the sour grapes down and have a sip of reality

15 minutes ago, EFC-Paul said:

That average team we just knocked out beat France in the qualifying group pipped the Netherlands and knocked out Italy to get here then topped a group with favourites Germany and many people's dark horse in Mexico 

There's many similar examples it's tournament football you beat what's Infront of you and bar the training game match against Belgium we've played very well 

This side is young playing the most cohesive football I've seen since Euro 96 no primma donnas no over hyped media nonsense just decent football if you can't see that then you need to put the sour grapes down and have a sip of reality

👏👏👏His hatred for the English is starting to cloud his judgment, pretty sad that he feels the need to come on to this topic and take cheap shots at our national team.

7 hours ago, Cornish Steve said:

You can only beat what's in front of you.

This tournament Henderson has been a much better midfielder than De Bruyne, horrible to say that but its true.

On par with Wales? Kin ell fella have a word.

9 hours ago, Cornish Steve said:

I wouldnt say England have been great but there arent many other sides that have played as collectively as well as us. I wouldnt even say France have been as cohesive as us however their players are obviously far superior. 

I dont know why you would compare Henderson to De Bruyne but Henderson has been better than Witsel, Lingard has been as important for England as KDB has for Belgium. Lukaku and Hazard would have the edge of our front 2 but our back 5 would probably be ahead of theirs. Either way, as a team there isnt much between the 2 sides whereas individually Belgium are better. 

Its pointless even looking at Belgium though until after the Croatia game. They have the best midfield in the competition but they will be as scared of Kane and Sterling as we are of Perisic and Mandzukic. They have conceded from set pieces and they are our strongest point so it should be another good game.

Please don't get me wrong: I wish England every success, and it's nice to see such enthusiasm for the team - because recent years (decades) have not been kind in that respect. Plus, at long last, the team has a very good coach with just the right attitude.

But I'm looking at this objectively. Comparing man for man, England doesn't stand out. I agree, though, that a team is always much better than a collection of players, and strategy is very important. This can go a long way towards upsetting the odds. Is it enough? Based on the showing so far, I would say not; however, the longer England remain in the tournament (and they'll have made it to the final three), the more they'll benefit from experience and remedy their problems.

So, good luck to England. I hope they win, despite my misgivings.

58 minutes ago, Cornish Steve said:

(and they'll have made it to the final three)

Not really, because whoever loses the first semi will go to 3rd/4th play-off so will effectively still be in it. We will make it to the last three in terms of potential winners though.

16 hours ago, Cornish Steve said:

I think your view of the English team contradicts many of the views you have on here. That's simply because you don't like England. 

This group of lads are 100% backing each other - they are playing as a unit.  The so-called golden generation of Gerrard, Beckham, lampard, Terry, Ferdinand and co would get beaten by this "team" .... comfortably.  It's team spirit that enabled a very technically average Wales team compete against supposedly superior sides.   This England team is miles better. 

Harry Kane could have been all out for his golden boot against Sweden but he sacrificed his own glory for the team and dropped in to help out and create space for sterling and co.  The centre halves are dovetailing each other beautifully - Henderson putting in marathons each and every game. 

I'm sorry for you that your bitterness is robbing you of the enjoyment of watching a young team play with courage, spirit, freedom and many of the other attributes we as Evertonians have been so sorely missing

3 hours ago, Palfy said:

Boys I’m going to the final with 2 mates spent nearly all day trying to get flights and just got them booked. Had to believe where going to beat Croatia because if you waited you wouldn’t have got a look in that’s the gamble I suppose, if the worst happens we can watch the third place game and sell the final tickets.

Cornish wish us luck mate 👌😀

Its coming home 

Nice work mate!