IGNORED

Tottenham Hotspur (Home)

Zoo

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Brilliant.

Think this might be a bit of an exaggeration. First half we were good, but second half we were absolute pants, no possession, no vision, just sat off. Really don't think going negative with a 1-0 lead at home is all that clever.

Great to get the win, but we could be a bit more convincing. Tottenham had no business being in that game but we let them back in by standing off and losing our formation.

They are good value aren't they

http://forums.lfconl...ad.php?t=152881

At least one or two supporters were honest enough to offer congratulations

Sadly that's one of the more balanced threads I've read on a Liverpool fans forum.

Feels really sweet to beat the Spuds. Can't stand Harry Redknapp, but what I can't stand even more is the media wank fest over their club this year, especially Gareth Bale and his "incredible physique". We outplayed them all through the first half and all they could talk about at half time was how Bale should be playing on the left side of midfield. Truly pathetic.

Anyway, I could write pages about that, but let's focus on a solid performance. We were great in the first half, and we did the job in the second. A lot of teams commit too many men forward against Tottenham and credit has to go to Moyes for making sure we didn't get carried away. Individually, everybody on the pitch put in an excellent shift. Neville was Neville, but aside from that we didn't look like a team missing one of their best players in Pienaar. I thought Coleman and Drenthe played well, Baines had one of his best games this season and Osman showed some real class in the first half too. Great finish for Jelavic, happy for him, and he showed signs he could be a great acquisition too.

COYB

I may well have eaten more than at Thanksgiving the last few hours but after the food has gone down I may well even tune into Match of the Day tonight. I usually would rather look directly into the sun than watch it but I feel tonight may well we worth it to see both sides of Merseyside have different turns of fortune. It will be interesting to see what the usual analysists have to say and if Hansen can take off his red colored bifocals and give us any praise. It should be a good broadcast for once and we won't be featured last that's for sure. I'm kind of looking forward to it

Great first half, against what should have been a very decent Spurs team.They couldn't live with our pace, passion and passing, the second half was sadly only average, but good enough to see them off!

Read on that rs forum some prat wants Dalglish to be given at least two years.......please God make it FIVE!

They are good value aren't they

http://forums.lfconl...ad.php?t=152881

At least one or two supporters were honest enough to offer congratulations

How they managed 10 pages on the race for 4th, and the Sunderland game is beyond me considering they weren't in either. Notice on all the kopite forums they love the acronym WUM (wind up merchant), often using it to dismiss any non-deluded opinion on the king, Stevie G larrr, and the victim Suarez.

Great first half, against what should have been a very decent Spurs team.They couldn't live with our pace, passion and passing, the second half was sadly only average, but good enough to see them off!

Read on that rs forum some prat wants Dalglish to be given at least two years.......please God make it FIVE!

Can't believe their happy with him, and wanted rid of Roy

Well, I feel like I've aged quite a few years after that!

First half we were absolutely brilliant, seriously impressive. We didn't allow them any time on the ball because we pressed all over the pitch and they couldn't get a foothold in the game at all. It wasn't all hard work though; some of our football had me grinning from ear to ear with pure glee. The way we just passed it around them at times like they weren't even there was beautiful. We seemed to have composure and confidence in bucketloads. And we deservedly took the lead with a quality strike by Jelavic. If this game was anything to go by I am going to be proved right about him. He looks to have everything and £5.5million will be a steal. A mention needs to go to Osman in this half; he was pure gold. I lost count of the amount of times he won the ball back off a Spurs player. And he was always taking us forward with the ball looking to make things happen. The centre of the park is definitely where he should play. My only criticism of that half was that we didn't really give Jelavic enough support; he'd win a header and there'd be nobody there to pick up the second ball.

The second half was a completely different story. I don't know if it was a case of us taking our foot off the pedal or of Spurs playing a lot better. I suspect it was a bit of both. We were barely 15 minutes into the second half and we were already dropping deeper. Gone was the composure and confidence on the ball we showed in the first half; we resorted to hoofed balls to no one meaning the ball just came back at us for the whole half. We stopped pressing and allowed them all the time and space in the world to do exactly what they wanted. I had one hell of a twitchy arse all through that half and I felt that it would only be a matter of time until they scored. Thankfully our desperate and scrambling defence held up to the constant pressure and we managed to get the 3 points.

Howard - I can't actually remembering making too many goal stopping saves because of the defence infront of him. But he did collect a number of aerial balls to take the pressure off us for a time.

Neville - If football was played using a powerpoint presentation then he'd be brilliant. Sadly, it's not, so he was shit.

Heitinga - I thought he was almost faultless tbh. He was an absolute rock for us when we were facing that Spurs barrage in the second half, he had Adebayor in his arse pocket right from the get go, and apart from one silly challenge he did the same with Saha.

Distin - He had a couple of very dodgy moments where I almost had a heart attack. The one that sticks out in my mind came in the second half where he completely left the Spurs player (I think it was Defoe) on his own (Distin must have been about 8 yards away) on the edge of our area and he received the ball with so much time to do what he wanted. I very nearly needed some loo roll at that point. That being said, he also made some crucial interceptions, won header after header, and made numerous blocks so he more than made up for almost making me soil myself.

Baines - He was super effective for us today, a lot more effective than he's been for much of this season. He was up and down the touchline like a roadrunner. He probably could have put more crosses in but when he did deliver the ball into the box they were brilliant. And where he found the energy to go on the driving run towards the end of the game I have no idea!

Drenthe - I thought he had a really good first half and looked dangerous. He was taking players on and his link-up play with others was really good too. However, he spent much of the second half falling over his own feet. Today's game was him in a nutshell.

Osman - That first half from him was superb, it really was. He was everywhere and that is no exaggeration. Time after time he won the ball back off a Spurs player. But he also had his creative juices flowing and was always looking to play his team mates into dangerous positions. His link-up play with others was also a major plus point for him. He wasn't quite as good in the second half, but I think that was down to Spurs making an effort to combat his effectiveness for us. But he still managed be one of our better players in that half too. My MOTM.

Fellaini - I think he just went about his job in his usual calm and effective way, just foating about the pitch putting out fires when they needed to be put out and then giving the ball to the forward thinking players. One thing I will mention is the chance he had in the second half when he brought the ball down from the air on his chest in their penalty area... fucking magical.

Coleman - That first half was the best I've seen him play, attacking wise, for a very long time. He actually ran at Spurs, which is something that seemed to have gone out of his game recently. He does need to get the ball into the box a lot more though, take responsibility himself rather than pass the buck. In the second half he wasn't really allowed to attack but his defensive play was just as important; he dealt with Bale brilliantly.

Cahill - I thought he was extremely poor for what he was actually out there to do. And that was to support Jelavic and he just didn't do it. The only time he came into the game was when we were under the cosh and he battled for us. Other than that he was absolutely nowhere.

Jelavic - He showed everything today. He can win headers, he can hold the ball up, he can be a link-up man, he's strong, he can play others in, he's got great control, he works hard for the team, he can take free-kicks, and most importantly he can finish. And, fuck me, what a finish it was for his goal. Mark my words, that's going to be a first of many for us.

Onwards and upwards, Evertonians. Come on you blues!

Love Bale's justification for diving (another laughable example today)....

http://www.independe...ns-7545703.html

This also made me giggle (shame because I expect better of The Independent)...

"Bale became one of the most highly-rated players in world football last year after some stunning displays for Tottenham both at home and in Europe, and has continued his meteoric rise this term, scoring 11 goals and providing countless assists to help the Londoners into third place in the Barclays Premier League."

It's eight assists actually.....you'd think a journo on a "quality" paper could manage to count that high

unsure.png .

Love Bale's justification for diving (another laughable example today)....

http://www.independe...ns-7545703.html

This also made me giggle (shame because I expect better of The Independent)...

"Bale became one of the most highly-rated players in world football last year after some stunning displays for Tottenham both at home and in Europe, and has continued his meteoric rise this term, scoring 11 goals and providing countless assists to help the Londoners into third place in the Barclays Premier League."

It's eight assists actually.....you'd think a journo on a "quality" paper could manage to count that high

unsure.png .

I hope he doesn't still live with his mum, playing football in the house, it's amazing the reputation you can gain from playing 2 games against the least defensive full back since Roberto Carlos, (surely the journo doesn't mean in the league as well)

Well I saw the highlights a few moments ago, which is usually a one off now and while we didn't get as much coverage as I expected (why weren't we shown first, top placed teams are first on usually) you feel in the end that Spurs do have a case about complaining about not getting a result or no change from today. Redknapp (who has a very large head that took up the whole screen) said in a post match interview 'Did you see that, the biggest one sided half you will ever see', 'How they won today I don't know', or something to that level, he was clearly agitated. But it's not about twitchy face and his side's defeat, Yes they were somewhat unfortunate in the end, but on the first half display at least I felt we earned it, and the result is the most important thing, we won today, they lost, simples

Nice of Moyes' Father to be shown in the crowd today, I don't think I've seen him before, he must be quite proud of his son. Today was an important result and we have further mammoth fixtures coming up on the rails. It could be an interesting end of season

Just adds further fuel to my 'I hate Redknapp' fire.

Should do really well managing England if he thinks that you only have to play for a half. We did more than enough to beat them in the first, and they battered us in the second and didn't score. Get over it bollock chops!

If that above post is accurate, give Redknapp the England Job I say

If I was a Spurs fan I'd be shouting from the rooftops to keep Redknapp and concentrate on the North London club while they're going places instead of turning his back and taking the international job but that said Redknapp has shitted on so many sides in order to better himself I think there's every chance he may well go for the national job, and there's also the salary aspect although I'm thinking Mr Droopy hardly needs the money

Look of course I'm pleased we won, wanted us to win, I was a part of it today, but was merely stating that in the second half we was really up against it at times and many neutrals will feel that we were a bit fortunate to get the three points today, not that I give a fuck, as in the sense that we got the victory and beat them but there you are mellow.png

Congratulions on good performance, the better team won on the day, Felaini had better hair than Assou Ekotto and on the day that was what made the difference, oh and the fact we could not break down your well organised defence, although Heitinga is right dirty fucker kicking lumps out of anyone in front of him,

on the whole I have no complaints Obviously I am Gutted, but at least my prediction was correct

Congratulions on good performance, the better team won on the day, Felaini had better hair than Assou Ekotto and on the day that was what made the difference, oh and the fact we could not break down your well organised defence, although Heitinga is right dirty fucker kicking lumps out of anyone in front of him,

on the whole I have no complaints Obviously I am Gutted, but at least my prediction was correct

How he managed to last the 90 is a joke, Heitinga done his job, Ekotto shouldnt of been on the pitch. He was a disgrace the other season on Cahill as well. Discipline wise the Spurs team were a lot dirtier than us, Heitinga shouldnt even of got a yellow

Edited by pete0

missed the fecking thing again. Just saw the goal - no wonder Jack Wilshere was comparing Ossie to Iniesta, amazing turn. Also, though this might just be me, i heard the commentator say "takes his bow in front of the Gwladys street". As far as I could see, it was the Park End wasnt it?!

missed the fecking thing again. Just saw the goal - no wonder Jack Wilshere was comparing Ossie to Iniesta, amazing turn. Also, though this might just be me, i heard the commentator say "takes his bow in front of the Gwladys street". As far as I could see, it was the Park End wasnt it?!

It was.