IGNORED

Vaunt the Good Vibes

pete0

1 hour ago, Matt said:

Had my trial period at the new job finish today, apparently they’re really happy with me, which is great as I’m actually happy to be at work :o 

its a welcome news after 12+ months off utter shit, professionally and personally 

my job has deteriorated here, my boss is a micro manager to the nth degree, drives me mad.  i've started meditating in the mornings and worked on deep breathing techniques to help me get through the day.

4 minutes ago, markjazzbassist said:

my job has deteriorated here, my boss is a micro manager to the nth degree, drives me mad.  i've started meditating in the mornings and worked on deep breathing techniques to help me get through the day.

Time to look around if you can then mate (I know the climate over there isn'ttt exactly the best), I'd hate for anyone to go through what I've experienced the last 12-18 months.

20 minutes ago, Matt said:

Time to look around if you can then mate (I know the climate over there isn'tttt exactly the best), I'd hate for anyone to go through what I've experienced the last 12-18 months.

yeah my retirement savings isn'tt vested until january of 2020, so i'm just working till then and after i confirm the amount they match is there and mine, i'll start looking.  until then i just have to deal with it, i got promoted recently which helps but the work itself isn'tt enjoyable and as you said, that's the most important thing to sanity.

2 minutes ago, markjazzbassist said:

yeah my retirement savings isn'ttt vested until january of 2020, so i'm just working till then and after i confirm the amount they match is there and mine, i'll start looking.  until then i just have to deal with it, i got promoted recently which helps but the work itself isn'ttt enjoyable and as you said, that's the most important thing to sanity.

Good luck with that man :) 

• 2 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, johnh said:

59 years ago today, got married in Birstall, Yorkshire, to her indoors.  If we make next year, we get a telegram from the Queen!

You may get a telegram but she deserves a medal:D. Congrats to you both, hope you've had/are having a great day John.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Twiglets. My taste buds are a bit boring nowadays but twiglets kick them back into life every time.

They actually used to be part of the Saturday night MOTD ritual when I was a kid (along with peanuts and celery and cheese) for me and my dad and my big bro. Happy days.

On 21/11/2018 at 07:47, Matt said:

Moulin Rouge was incredible; like Strictly vs Cirque du Soleil with boobs. So many boobs, not but cheap and tasteless, really well done. 

Was in Paris on business in 1973, went to the Moulin Rouge.  Can't remember much about it - unfortunately.😥

59 minutes ago, johnh said:

Car sailed through its MOT this morning.  

Always a good one that, mine's due by the 21st, must get it booked in. Other car is telling me it needs a service in six days or 9,000 miles:huh: (have to get it done as we're selling it in a few months).

23 minutes ago, MikeO said:

Always a good one that, mine's due by the 21st, must get it booked in. Other car is telling me it needs a service in six days or 9,000 miles:huh: (have to get it done as we're selling it in a few months).

Mike, how long has it been telling you that, seeing as how you've got 87,000 miles on the clock!😁

On 07/01/2019 at 14:26, johnh said:

Mike, how long has it been telling you that, seeing as how you've got 87,000 miles on the clock!😁

How dare you:shakingfist:. Just had the soft top professionally cleaned/proofed and service booked for next Thursday, MOT on the other happening Monday. Selling the Audi in the Spring and I shall cry, so much fun! Sometimes in life you need to be sensible sadly, 'specially when finances demand:(.

Capture.JPG

8 minutes ago, johnh said:

There is an old saying:   'Never buy a convertible as you can't put them through the car wash'.

Never use them, just as cheap (and much better result) going to a hand wash place. True you have to speak Polish to explain what you want done but well worth it! Czy możesz czyścić od środka i na zewnątrz, proszę, simple.