IGNORED

Vaunt the Good Vibes

pete0

56 minutes ago, Matt said:

Not at all :) I love visiting them but Switzerland has been my home for 12 years. I feel like a foreigner in England 

12 years is a long time Matt. What’s the job front looking like at the moment, have you found or got something on the horizon. 

5 minutes ago, Matt said:

Bugger all at the moment. But got until March 2022 on 80% of my previous wage to live on so there’s no panic at the moment 

That’s what you call a result, as long as you can get by with the loss of 20% of your income. Good luck for April 2022🙂

1 hour ago, Palfy said:

That’s what you call a result, as long as you can get by with the loss of 20% of your income. Good luck for April 2022🙂

Funny thing is, if I’d taken unemployment back in July 2018,  instead of the last contract where I had to take a 20% pay cut, I would’ve been better off that I was when working. That said, I would’ve missed out on the best job I’ve ever had and would be coming to the end of my benefits during a time where no one is really hiring. So it’s all worked out reasonably well :) 

• 3 weeks later...
9 minutes ago, markjazzbassist said:

do you have nice weather now to enjoy it?  i've never been in a convertible, always looked nice come summer time.

Hit and miss at the moment on the weather, today's been dire but forecast for tomorrow looks good. Sadly not picking it up until Friday.

1 hour ago, MikeO said:

Looks in tip top condition, it’s amazing what you can get for under 3k, when you consider the technology the make and the condition. 
Get yourself a full face balaclava Mike we are heading into Autumn mate🙂

• 3 weeks later...

Just bought myself a Cherry Sunburst Epiphone Les Paul, always wanted one of these but my life is lived by, "fuck it, why not?" rules at the moment so did it:D

Next is maybe a bass, any recommendations from our several bass players on here for something entry level with a budget of maybe £200 (could stretch a bit higher)? Used or new doesn't matter.

On 19/08/2020 at 21:34, Palfy said:

Looks in tip top condition, it’s amazing what you can get for under 3k, when you consider the technology the make and the condition. 
Get yourself a full face balaclava Mike we are heading into Autumn mate🙂

Put new boots all round on it yesterday and it's even better; the tyres it had were still legal but old because of few miles done every year. The only minor annoyance with it before was that the steering felt a bit heavy at low speed....not any longer!

7 hours ago, MikeO said:

Just bought myself a Cherry Sunburst Epiphone Les Paul, always wanted one of these but my life is lived by, "fuck it, why not?" rules at the moment so did it:D

Next is maybe a bass, any recommendations from our several bass players on here for something entry level with a budget of maybe £200 (could stretch a bit higher)? Used or new doesn't matter.

Nice!!  Squier is to fender as epiphone is to Gibson.  You can go with a squier precision bass or jazz bass.  Either are the classic bass sound.

2 hours ago, markjazzbassist said:

Nice!!  Squier is to fender as epiphone is to Gibson.  You can go with a squier precision bass or jazz bass.  Either are the classic bass sound.

Thanks Mark, I'll investigate. probably not until I get home from prison hospital now though. The Les Paul is in Wales and I planned to pick it up at the week-end but now I'm going to be locked up but fortunately the seller is happy to keep it for me until I can get there:)

13 hours ago, MikeO said:

What are you wanting to play?

3 hours ago, Palfy said:

Play some early Bowie mate Star man Rebel rebel and Space oddity would sound great on a Epiphone being as they have an acoustic rhythm guitar, but make sure you practice your bar chords mate Bowie loved them in his early stuff. 

My favourite tunes from that era ish.....

Out of time - Chris farlowe

123 - Len Barry

All of nothing - small faces

Whiter shade of pale - procul harem

Friday on my mind - easybeats

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/09/2020 at 02:53, markjazzbassist said:

How does this one look Mark (anyone)? I like the colour:D

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Fender-Squier-Pbass-Precision-bass-with-upgrades/353209957377?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m1431.l2649