IGNORED

Vaunt the Good Vibes

pete0

7 hours ago, MikeO said:

Off to Southampton shotly to pick up my new "baby," collection hits eleven:D. For those that know about these things no it's not a Höfner, it's a Harley Benton copy, but I already have two HBs and they're mighty fine instruments considering affordable prices. I'd promised myself I'd quit at ten but this was a great price so I couldn't resist.

bass.thumb.JPG.3da8324ccd93f619e44684d7b1cb4e9c.JPG

Nice 👍 

Just now, MikeO said:

All packed and ready to drive up to airport hotel for a night and a 4.00am wake-up for early flight to Greece for three weeks. This was actually originally booked in 2019 for last September, but as wife went and died in August and I spent most of September in hospital we couldn't have gone even if the virus hadn't happened, so been a long time coming.

I'll send you all a postcard:D

Have a good one, Mike, you deserve it. 

16 minutes ago, MikeO said:

All packed and ready to drive up to airport hotel for a night and a 4.00am wake-up for early flight to Greece for three weeks. This was actually originally booked in 2019 for last September, but as wife went and died in August and I spent most of September in hospital we couldn't have gone even if the virus hadn't happened, so been a long time coming.

Have a great time mate don’t teach Josh to many bad habits, and when you get back we will be top of the league. Just had a thought mate I hope you didn’t pack the case in 2019 chances are your clothes won’t fit you 😀

Sat in a pub just outside Bristol airport and there's probably the funniest drunk I've ever seen in my life in here, totally incoherent West Country accent slurred into a stream of noise, he's obviously a fixture because all the other people in the bar appear to understand what he's saying. He's a yokel version of the drunk posh guy in The Fast Show, very entertaining 😂

6 hours ago, MikeO said:

Enjoy your time in Greece @MikeO, I assume the plane tickets were delivered by Hermes?

4 hours ago, Cornish Steve said:

The final leg of the flight was supposed to take four hours. After the first engine had trouble, the pilot announced you'd now take six hours. After the second engine gave up, he announced you'd be eight hours. When the third engine seized, the pilot declared the flight would take about ten hours. At that point, John turned to a fellow passenger and, a little worried, whispered: "I hope the fourth engine doesn't break, otherwise we'll be up here all night."

:rofl: 

Very well done. 

8 hours ago, Cornish Steve said:

The final leg of the flight was supposed to take four hours. After the first engine had trouble, the pilot announced you'd now take six hours. After the second engine gave up, he announced you'd be eight hours. When the third engine seized, the pilot declared the flight would take about ten hours. At that point, John turned to a fellow passenger and, a little worried, whispered: "I hope the fourth engine doesn't break, otherwise we'll be up here all night."

Ha, Ha, very good. We never got past one engine failing and we were 'up there' all night twice as we flew through the night twice.  Flight took 5 days instead of 4 due to engine problems.

13 minutes ago, MikeO said:

Our accommodation owners just messaged me asking if they could cook Sunday lunch for us, and serve it on our terrace, some service that!

Don't get that sort of thing with Thomas Cook 😂

Ask your lady friend to join you and get Josh to become scarce after the first course, you never know your luck mate you might get desert😀

4 minutes ago, Palfy said:

Ask your lady friend to join you and get Josh to become scarce after the first course, you never know your luck mate you might get desert😀

😂 Had to cry off today because I had some breathing problems overnight. It happens occasionally at home and is fairly easily fixed by putting a little plastic tube down my throat, last night couldn't get the thing in for bloody ages, was on the verge of getting medical help when it popped in thankfully. Medical team said hot/humid weather might cause problems, won't happen again though because I'll go back to putting the tube in every night while I sleep like I had to in the early days. Actually in the early days it was in 24/7. No big deal, everyone should have a hole in their throat to stick a tube in, makes piercings look girly😆

1 minute ago, MikeO said:

😂 Had to cry off today because I had some breathing problems overnight. It happens occasionally at home and is fairly easily fixed by putting a little plastic tube down my throat, last night couldn't get the thing in for bloody ages, was on the verge of getting medical help when it popped in thankfully. Medical team said hot/humid weather might cause problems, won't happen again though because I'll go back to putting the tube in every night while I sleep like I had to in the early days. Actually in the early days it was in 24/7. No big deal, everyone should have a hole in their throat to stick a tube in, makes piercings look girly😆

Hard core piercings not from me thanks 😊 That’s a bummer mate when you’re on your hols, pleased all’s well now mate onwards and upwards get down to the bar and have a few cold ones, best medicine I can suggest👍

• 1 month later...
23 minutes ago, Matt said:

1 year no drinking today :)

Not sure it will continue forever but it's a landmark to be recognised. When I consider where I was 1 year ago (unemployed, suicidal depression, sat with a gash on my head, not knowing how, in hospital) to today where I'm sat in my own home... 

yeah. A good landmark to celebrate.

Enjoy Matt you’ve worked hard for it in so many ways 👊

On 13/10/2021 at 14:52, Matt said:

Not sure it will continue forever but it's a landmark to be recognised. When I consider where I was 1 year ago (unemployed, suicidal depression, sat with a gash on my head, not knowing how, in hospital) to today where I'm sat in my own home... 

Congrats, Matt! My best friend is 6 years sober this past summer, and I'm constantly in awe of her strength and resilience.

6 hours ago, dunlopp9987 said:

Congrats, Matt! My best friend is 6 years sober this past summer, and I'm constantly in awe of her strength and resilience.

Thanks man. Think I'm lucky though, the bang on the head knocked some sense into me. I've not had to deal with withdrawal etc. I just no longer drank. Having booze free beers helped as a substitute for sure, not sure it wouldve been so easy if they weren't so good nowadays. 

On 13/10/2021 at 20:52, Matt said:

Well done mate.  I'm approaching 2 years.... 

Very dangerous drug it is.  So many benefits to not drinking.   

keep it up! 

• 3 weeks later...
19 hours ago, Zoo 2.0 said:

Took my daughter swimming today who's a week shy of six months old. Best feeling in the world watching her grow.

Mate, it's so interesting watching them grow. E turned 7 a couple of weeks ago, and she's now swimming 10m lengths unaided. It's amazing! I know it's a cliche but really make the most of it, they truly do grow so fast.