IGNORED

Vaunt the Good Vibes

pete0

1 minute ago, MikeO said:

They are absolutely stunning but trying to wrap your brain around them is almost impossible.

It's crazy in so many different ways.

There's absolutely zero chance that we're alone in the universe when you see images like these. I just don't see how we could be.

It's amazing what the human race can achieve when they're not killing each other.

1 minute ago, Romey 1878 said:

There's absolutely zero chance that we're alone in the universe when you see images like these. I just don't see how we could be.

Are you meaning that in the sense that there must be other civilisations "out there", or that there must be a creator of some sort?

Just now, MikeO said:

Are you meaning that in the sense that there must be other civilisations "out there", or that there must be a creator of some sort?

Definitely the former. I don't believe in god or a creator.

All those galaxies in just one image, which is the equivalent of holding a grain of sand up to the sky. Imagine how many galaxies are out there in total. Nah, I just can't see life having not come about in other solar systems.

3 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

Definitely the former. I don't believe in god or a creator.

All those galaxies in just one image, which is the equivalent of holding a grain of sand up to the sky. Imagine how many galaxies are out there in total. Nah, I just can't see life having not come about in other solar systems.

I'm in agreement with you, but can still see how some could interpret it the other way....unless and until it picks up an image of a bearded guy on a cloud waving at the camera the debate will go on.

I believe the truth is far more than our brains could ever fathom.  I believe our consciousness is not exclusive to our bodies and that there is another place/dimension.   I have Christian faith and I do feel that I have had experiences in my life that strongly made me feel we have come from somewhere and we go back there. 

it’s very interesting when you see people who have taken DMT or Ayahuasca, who were atheists - they emerge from the trip with a belief in a higher power/God.  LSD can have similar impact.  On a DMT trip the person in the 10 minutes that they are away with it have a full understanding of things, but when they come round they can’t really remember it fully. 

i had an unwanted and very brief conversation over religion once with someone who basically argued that science and intelligence debunks religion.  My answer to that was that unless they had better science  credentials than Gregor Mendel who was also deeply religious then they are talking crap. 

Maybe when quantum physics is fully understood then we will see where science and religion are very close. 

I don’t believe in God, but I believe in religion but I personally don’t practice any religious faith, I have no problem with anyone who believe’s in God each to their own, I unfortunately do have a problem with what some people do in the name of a religious faith. 

12 hours ago, Matt said:

For me faith and religion are two separate things. Faith is the feeling, religions are a contract to try and explain them

For me faith is the belief - that in spite of all the trials in life, the doubt presented by others and questions from your own mind - you continue to live the true values of your religion. 

people who murder in the name of religion have manipulated by people with bad intentions. People who abuse children in their religious roles were never religious - just like scout masters, football coaches were never truly scout masters or coaches….. wolves in sheeps clothing. 

the most basic religion in my book is to treat others like you want to be treated, accept you will make mistakes but most importantly be contrite and learn from them. 

9 hours ago, Hafnia said:

For me faith is the belief - that in spite of all the trials in life, the doubt presented by others and questions from your own mind - you continue to live the true values of your religion. 

people who murder in the name of religion have manipulated by people with bad intentions. People who abuse children in their religious roles were never religious - just like scout masters, football coaches were never truly scout masters or coaches….. wolves in sheeps clothing. 

the most basic religion in my book is to treat others like you want to be treated, accept you will make mistakes but most importantly be contrite and learn from them. 

Religion is a set of rules or values drawn up by someone else that you follow, or you can set out your own values that you are going to live to, without following the texts of Christian, Catholic, Muslim, Mormons, Jewish, the list is endless of religion’s that you can become a follower of, but setting your own set of rules or values for how you are going to live your life, shouldn’t be classed as religion or religious beliefs, let’s be honest how you believe you should live your life could go against multiple religious faiths. But you are right treat offers as you would want to be treated, but you don’t need any religious faith to abide by that way of thought, you just need the honesty and conviction to try your upmost to live by your own beliefs. 

On 12/07/2022 at 13:19, Romey 1878 said:

I'm probably alone, but I'm proper geeking out over the images released from the James Webb telescope today.

Nope [there’s a joke there], you’re not alone; and we’re not alone, either.

The amount of time and space in the cosmos is literally unimaginable, except in the limited sense of (just barely) mathematically imaginable by brilliant cosmologists and astrophysicists.  The photos from the Webb telescope, with presumably many more to come for years, will both fool us into thinking we can comprehend the amount of time and space out there while simultaneously showing us (literally) that out there is unimaginable.

Given that the amount of time and space out there is literally unimaginable,  it’s also inconceivable that we’re the only life-form in the cosmos.  It’s inconceivable that there are not thousands or millions or billions of life-forms out there.

And recent UFO investigations suggest that we’ve been visited by beings who are somewhere between 50 and 1000 years ahead of us technologically.  Whoa.

• 2 months later...
3 hours ago, Matt said:

2 years sober today 

Well done Matt. With me using the Sinclair method (tab before drinking) - I had 3 nights on the beer in the past 2 months, that included my holiday.   I can’t drink anymore, hangover was horrible, anxiety through the roof.

never regret the decision to quit, society will try and convince you that drinking is normal… it just isn’t. Just like betting on things despite losing your house isn’t normal. 

the thing I notice is the people who struggle with people not drinking, are the people who have concerns of their own… they need to maybe stop. 

a great book to read is Allan Carr and his to reduce alcohol.  He completely calls out the lunacy in alcohol consumption, he debunks the brain washing we have been exposed to from a young age. 

I would love weed to be legalised, quite like the idea of an occasional coffee and smoke. 

• 6 months later...

Changed gear with my left hand today for the first time in eight weeks! Was painful but getting there slowly.

I've done very occasional short local drives changing with my right in the meantime but it's not ideal (LB gets in touch with Devon & Cornwall police:unsure:); lifts and taxis when I've needed them.

Contemplating booking a few weeks in Greece to celebrate👍

1 hour ago, MikeO said:

Changed gear with my left hand today for the first time in eight weeks! Was painful but getting there slowly.

I've done very occasional short local drives changing with my right in the meantime but it's not ideal (LB gets in touch with Devon & Cornwall police:unsure:); lifts and taxis when I've needed them.

Contemplating booking a few weeks in Greece to celebrate👍

Get yourself away mate and away from this bloody awful rain, and if you need to hire a car whilst away get an automatic for obvious reasons. I’m going back to Spain middle of May only 4 weeks this time 😩

Your recovery period has been dragging on forever it seems, you still having the physio. 

20 minutes ago, Palfy said:

Get yourself away mate and away from this bloody awful rain, and if you need to hire a car whilst away get an automatic for obvious reasons. I’m going back to Spain middle of May only 4 weeks this time 😩

Your recovery period has been dragging on forever it seems, you still having the physio. 

Yup, next session tomorrow.

Just a dreadful place to fix, I had an UV scan on my neck (totally non-connected) last week and the doc doing it said, "have the physios got hold of you yet?".

16 minutes ago, MikeO said:

Yup, next session tomorrow.

Just a dreadful place to fix, I had an UV scan on my neck (totally non-connected) last week and the doc doing it said, "have the physios got hold of you yet?".

Good luck Mike🤞 you’ve got to be struggling emotionally as well, I know I would be after all this time and still struggling to get on with normal day to day things. 

40 minutes ago, Palfy said:

Good luck Mike🤞 you’ve got to be struggling emotionally as well, I know I would be after all this time and still struggling to get on with normal day to day things. 

Truth is being unexpectedly single at sixty is/was shite.

I'm a bit crap at being on my own.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...