IGNORED

Vaunt the Good Vibes

pete0

14 hours ago, dunlopp9987 said:

Some good news to share. After being unemployed for the better part of a year and a half (bar working on a film last summer and a month at a restaurant), I have my first full-time job in forever! I'm the personal assistant to the CEO of a start-up real estate company based in NYC.

The company is growing exponentially, so I'm excited for the possibility of growth/raises. And it's all remote for now, which allows me to still be here in Minnesota, but it gives me a job when I move back to NYC next year, which was something I desperately wanted. 

Only 3 days in but I'm really looking forward to this being the perfect job to pay the bills, while I venture down a new career path in community organizing and outreach. 

Everything's coming up dunlopp!

Good news that, really pleased for you.  I have been through similar.  I took a voluntary redundancy after never being out of work for 40 years. I got a good package but still had to find another job.  I had two in the first 18 months, neither of which was right.  I was then fortunate to get what was the perfect job for me and I stayed there until I retired.

Hope it all works out for you dunlopp.

2 hours ago, markjazzbassist said:

congrats dunlopp (what's your first name?)

Oddly enough, dunlopp is nowhere to be found in my name. It was the last name of a role I played in The Music Man when I was 14, right when I first started getting an email account. Here I am 20 years later still using the same username 🤦🏼‍♂️

First name is Derek! Although not sure I want you lot to know that much personal information about me (looking at you @MikeO)

11 minutes ago, dunlopp9987 said:

Oddly enough, dunlopp is nowhere to be found in my name. It was the last name of a role I played in The Music Man when I was 14, right when I first started getting an email account. Here I am 20 years later still using the same username 🤦🏼‍♂️

First name is Derek! Although not sure I want you lot to know that much personal information about me (looking at you @MikeO)

:DYou forget that as admin I have access to your email address and ip address, I could track you down easy if I wanted to, hmmmm💭. Reminds me of a line from My Name is Earl, "Ain't no use running, fool! I know where your momma parks your house!":P

12 minutes ago, Zoo 2.0 said:

I became a Dad for the first time today, already feel like my life has changed but so happy. My wife gave birth to a beautiful girl who we've named Eleanor. 

Can't wait to take her to Goodison already, she's been born into a football loving family (the wife's side are all FC Porto mad) so she will fit in the same I think - might even be the Everton Women's #1 in 16 years time :yay:...

Congratulations!

53 minutes ago, Zoo 2.0 said:

I became a Dad for the first time today, already feel like my life has changed but so happy. My wife gave birth to a beautiful girl who we've named Eleanor. 

Can't wait to take her to Goodison already, she's been born into a football loving family (the wife's side are all FC Porto mad) so she will fit in the same I think - might even be the Everton Women's #1 in 16 years time :yay:...

Brilliant news mate, life changing indeed. @Mattwill be after you for copyright infringement though, his daughter is an Eleanor as well. Lovely name mind, huge congrats to you both!

3 hours ago, Zoo 2.0 said:

Congratulations mate that’s great news, we shall all have to lookout in a few years for a little girl at games wearing a scarf that is 50% Everton and 50% Porto. 

13 hours ago, Zoo 2.0 said:

Well done mate!!  

Brilliant, well done Zoo2.0.  You have no idea how your life will change (for the better).  Forget about all the 'old' priorities, you will be making a long list of new ones. Best wishes to you and Mrs Zoo2.0.

(Speaking as a dad of four, oldest aged 60!)

17 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

Congratulations!

Thanks mate :happy:!!

16 hours ago, MikeO said:

Brilliant news mate, life changing indeed. @Mattwill be after you for copyright infringement though, his daughter is an Eleanor as well. Lovely name mind, huge congrats to you both!

Thanks mate! I did speak with Matt before she was born and even though he was initially quite angry with me we managed to come to a settlement agreement (£22, a Curly Wurly and a one year supply of Freddo chocolate bars).

16 hours ago, Matt said:

Always knew you had a good sense of taste, Zoo ;)

Congratulations mate, incredibly happy for you :)

Haha indeed mate! Thank you, we're both so happy (two good minds and all eh :lol:!)

14 hours ago, Palfy said:

Congratulations mate that’s great news, we shall all have to lookout in a few years for a little girl at games wearing a scarf that is 50% Everton and 50% Porto. 

If you hear a little girl screaming Portuguese as we win yet another league title, then you know who it is 😋!! Thanks buddy.

10 hours ago, markjazzbassist said:

Congrats @Zoo 2.0 being a father is the best

What a feeling indeed, thanks bud!

4 hours ago, Btay said:

Well done mate!!  

Cheers matey! 

35 minutes ago, johnh said:

Brilliant, well done Zoo2.0.  You have no idea how your life will change (for the better).  Forget about all the 'old' priorities, you will be making a long list of new ones. Best wishes to you and Mrs Zoo2.0.

(Speaking as a dad of four, oldest aged 60!)

Thank you John, speaking from good experience there no doubt! Life has certainly changed, but it has gone to another level! Best Wishes to you too!

On 15/05/2021 at 20:01, Zoo 2.0 said:

On 10/05/2021 at 23:51, dunlopp9987 said:

Some good news to share. After being unemployed for the better part of a year and a half (bar working on a film last summer and a month at a restaurant), I have my first full-time job in forever! I'm the personal assistant to the CEO of a start-up real estate company based in NYC.

The company is growing exponentially, so I'm excited for the possibility of growth/raises. And it's all remote for now, which allows me to still be here in Minnesota, but it gives me a job when I move back to NYC next year, which was something I desperately wanted. 

Only 3 days in but I'm really looking forward to this being the perfect job to pay the bills, while I venture down a new career path in community organizing and outreach. 

Everything's coming up dunlopp!

Brilliant news for you both! Congrats.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, johnh said:

Went into town today, got parked easily.  Called in the Barbers, empty, so got straight in. Did a bit of shopping then home.  I had forgotten how nice a haircut feels.

Nice one John. My wife always used to "cut" my hair (clippers #2 all over) and now my lad does it (clippers without attachment) so not been to the barbers for years, I actually now do his on a #4. Agree it feels nice though, right back to when I was a kid always loved a haircut. 

59 minutes ago, johnh said:

Went into town today, got parked easily.  Called in the Barbers, empty, so got straight in. Did a bit of shopping then home.  I had forgotten how nice a haircut feels.

Must be nice to have hair mate I’m beginning to forget what hair feels like 😩

14 hours ago, Palfy said:

Must be nice to have hair mate I’m beginning to forget what hair feels like 😩

Palfy, my hair (though a mix of grey and white) still grows at a rate of knots. Before Covid, I used to have to go for a haircut every 3 weeks or so.

1 minute ago, johnh said:

Palfy, my hair (though a mix of grey and white) still grows at a rate of knots. Before Covid, I used to have to go for a haircut every 3 weeks or so.

You lucky sod, I’m starting to sport the cheaper version, a cut every 4-5 weeks with a 50% discount due to the lack of time it takes. 

5 hours ago, markjazzbassist said:

Haven’t had a drink in 3 months.  Feeling the best I ever have mentally, and getting the best sleep of my life.  I feel great about my decision to give it up for me.

Good man. 18 months for me.  Went out and met friends tonight, 3 or 4 diet cokes.  

Would I have preferred to drink?  Yeah.  But my personality does not allow me to be the person who has a few pints, I have to get on it. All or nothing.

Hangovers aren't worth it, so much more clarity and restful sleep. Depression has gone - I had awful alcohol induced depression. 

Great decision.

45 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

Good man. 18 months for me.  Went out and met friends tonight, 3 or 4 diet cokes.  

Would I have preferred to drink?  Yeah.  But my personality does not allow me to be the person who has a few pints, I have to get on it. All or nothing.

Hangovers aren't worth it, so much more clarity and restful sleep. Depression has gone - I had awful alcohol induced depression. 

Great decision.

Wow 18 months well done Haf.  Your description of all or nothing I can relate to, that’s how I am as well. 

8 hours ago, markjazzbassist said:

Wow 18 months well done Haf.  Your description of all or nothing I can relate to, that’s how I am as well. 

Not just drink... Gym, golf, food, sweets, coffee.  

Find a replacement for your drink time ... For me golf is the outlet - after a crap day and the need to de-stress I used to have 4 pints.   Now 9 holes with birds tweeting, rabbits and Ducks etc calms me and I come back home nice and relaxed. 

12 hours ago, Hafnia said:

Not just drink... Gym, golf, food, sweets, coffee.  

Find a replacement for your drink time ... For me golf is the outlet - after a crap day and the need to de-stress I used to have 4 pints.   Now 9 holes with birds tweeting, rabbits and Ducks etc calms me and I come back home nice and relaxed. 

yes i replaced the drinking with meditating.  it's helping to calm my mind and give me peace and be able to deal with myself and others in a better manner.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...