IGNORED

Vaunt the Good Vibes

pete0

• 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Tomorrow, we are getting together as a whole family at my daughter's in Flackwell Heath.  Unfortunately, only happens once a year due to family living all over the country. Grandson (Uni in Liverpool) will give me a report on the game v Burnley - which will be the highlight of the day!  I hope everyone on here has had as good a Christmas as we have.   Cheers.

On 24/09/2019 at 20:42, pete0 said:

One moment just going for a swim 💩 

Tbf half the reason I stayed is there's a new barmaid.. She's really good at pouring points honest. 

Boom! Four months later she gives me her number... I grow on people, bit like I said DCL should be playing instead of Tosun and Holgate is better than Keane (and Davies get more minutes). Even said we should play 442 to get the best out of DCL and leave one full back back and let Digne get forward with the left mid drifting in. 😁

17 hours ago, pete0 said:

Boom! Four months later she gives me her number... I grow on people, bit like I said DCL should be playing instead of Tosun and Holgate is better than Keane (and Davies get more minutes). Even said we should play 442 to get the best out of DCL and leave one full back back and let Digne get forward with the left mid drifting in. 😁

Pete a bit of advice mate don’t talk to her about football for fuck sake, she’ll be off before you finish the 1st 🍺 😉

Just spotted this in our local (Maidenhead Advertiser) paper.  Ted Brown, a keen Everton supporter,  celebrated his 100th birthday on December 17. Born in Liverpool in 1919.  In WW2 he served in India, Ceylon and Burma.  Don't know the guy, but am going to send him a belated 'happy birthday card'.  Anyone who wants to do likewise, the address is:

Ted Brown,  Clivedon Manor Care Home, 210 Little Marlow Road, Marlow, Bucks.  SL7 1HX.

Be nice to give him a surprise from fellow 'Toffee's'.

50 minutes ago, johnh said:

Just spotted this in our local (Maidenhead Advertiser) paper.  Ted Brown, a keen Everton supporter,  celebrated his 100th birthday on December 17. Born in Liverpool in 1919.  In WW2 he served in India, Ceylon and Burma.  Don't know the guy, but am going to send him a belated 'happy birthday card'.  Anyone who wants to do likewise, the address is:

Ted Brown,  Clivedon Manor Care Home, 210 Little Marlow Road, Marlow, Bucks.  SL7 1HX.

Be nice to give him a surprise from fellow 'Toffee's'.

I’m sure Mike can organise Louis to send one from everyone at TTF, not being tight John but I’ll think yeah great idea and completely forget. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Matt said:

Strange place to post this, but...

last day of my job today, the first job in 8-10years that I’ve enjoyed. It’s a scary future now but I’m posting this here for two reasons; 1) it’s been a brilliant experience and I’ve learnt a whole load of things and 2) I’ve been told by so many of the warehouse workers about how I’ve changed their lives. Not just that I’ve made things better for them in the depot, but how that that’s transitioned into their lives at home, going back less stressed despite the workload they have, and how I was the only one that has actually visited them. They’re an amazing bunch and it took all my mental strength not to cry at them. Fucking heartbroken to leave but need to stay positive so it’s getting posted here. 

Changing peoples lives? Doesn't get much better than that mate.

Wife being disabled (as you know) the majority of my "social life" is cyber based and the site I spend more time on than any (TT apart) is the Macmillan Cancer online community; spending time talking to people who are going through what I did. It's really rewarding and does leave me in tears quite often. Been honoured to be labelled a "community champion" (responsible with one other in the "head and neck" group) for probably five years now so theoretically could go to Macmillan HQ in London every three months for a meet-up and lunch but not yet been able to make one.

Happens often but today we had a "newbie" in total panic earlier who we've (not just me obviously) talked down over the day; so nice.

Not meaning to blow my own trumpet but making other people's lives better/easier, which is plainly what you've done, is a great gift to give. I hope life rewards you in turn.

6 hours ago, Matt said:

Not so far. Looks like we’re moving back to Liverpool 

Wow back to the UK, crazy man.  At least you will be able to vote again.  Best of luck with the move, If I was close I’d help (American thing I think, not sure If you euro types help your friends move, we do it all the time over here, beer and pizza for payment :) ).

4 hours ago, markjazzbassist said:

Wow back to the UK, crazy man.  At least you will be able to vote again.  Best of luck with the move, If I was close I’d help (American thing I think, not sure If you euro types help your friends move, we do it all the time over here, beer and pizza for payment :) ).

Vote for what? The country seems determined to cripple itself. 

For me helping family and friends is usual behaviour. Moving my dad down the road in Basel in March. Not looking forward to it because there’s no lift to his 5th floor apartment!

• 3 weeks later...

Dreams. Downside is I have a recurring theme that I'm "somewhere" and need to be "somewhere else" but have no way of getting there and no way of contacting the person (usually wife) who I need to be there for, don't like those. But (happened last night) I get dreams within dreams at times, normally time related, I "hear" my alarm go off and look at my phone and it's 8.00am so I start to get up and check my phone again and this morning it was actually 3.00am; so I happily settle back down to another five hours of comfy warmth.

This is probably a bit insensitive given @Matt's issues so sorry for that mate:unsure:

On 21/02/2020 at 20:32, MikeO said:

Dreams. Downside is I have a recurring theme that I'm "somewhere" and need to be "somewhere else" but have no way of getting there and no way of contacting the person (usually wife) who I need to be there for, don't like those. But (happened last night) I get dreams within dreams at times, normally time related, I "hear" my alarm go off and look at my phone and it's 8.00am so I start to get up and check my phone again and this morning it was actually 3.00am; so I happily settle back down to another five hours of comfy warmth.

This is probably a bit insensitive given @Matt's issues so sorry for that mate:unsure:

Don’t apologise mate! I’m envious, but one upside of insomnia, for me at least, is that when I do dream I’m in complete control. Unless it’s a sex dream, then I never get my way...

Just like real life :crying:  

• 4 months later...
1 hour ago, Matt said:

After 10 days back in Liverpool to see family for the first time since December, and to escape the ongoing construction next door to us, we’re off on another 2 adventure to this place. Quite excited :)

https://www.topin.travel/ausfluege/10838-oeschinensee-bei-kandersteg/

Looks stunning reminded me of the Dolomites in the summer where my daughter had her wedding, enjoy the break mate. 
Your 10 days back in Liverpool bar the family had you missed it enough to want to be back there full time ? 

1 hour ago, Palfy said:

Looks stunning reminded me of the Dolomites in the summer where my daughter had her wedding, enjoy the break mate. 
Your 10 days back in Liverpool bar the family had you missed it enough to want to be back there full time ? 

Not at all :) I love visiting them but Switzerland has been my home for 12 years. I feel like a foreigner in England