IGNORED

General Weekend/Midweek Football

I really believe that this season is going to be so open and we might see a surprise winner or certainly some unexpected top 4 candidates.

Man City, Chelsea, Utd all arent firing. Arsenal and Liverpool are both a bit soft at the back (the former less so with Flamini back) and Spurs are a complete unknown. There is a real chance for the likes of us, Swansea and maybe even Soton to do something a memorable.

If Swansea win at the Emirates tonight or if we win on Monday night, both teams are well and truly in the hunt.

(EDIT - Not saying those in the 2nd bracket are good enough to win the league but they have a chance for top 4 berths)

Edited by Bailey

I really believe that this season is going to be so open and we might see a surprise winner or certainly some unexpected top 4 candidates.

Man City, Chelsea, Utd all arent firing. Arsenal and Liverpool are both a bit soft at the back (the former less so with Flamini back) and Spurs are a complete unknown. There is a real chance for the likes of us, Swansea and maybe even Soton to do something a memorable.

If Swansea win at the Emirates tonight or if we win on Monday night, both teams are well and truly in the hunt.

(EDIT - Not saying those in the 2nd bracket are good enough to win the league but they have a chance for top 4 berths)

too early to be writing anyone off or bigging anyone up in my opinion, will wait for Christmas to have a better idea.

I can see where youre coming from though. I just keep thinking, Moyes started very slow with us many times before we went on massive runs to climb the table.

too early to be writing anyone off or bigging anyone up in my opinion, will wait for Christmas to have a better idea.

I can see where youre coming from though. I just keep thinking, Moyes started very slow with us many times before we went on massive runs to climb the table.

True, but everyone at ManU this week was claiming that they'd rise to the top now the "rigged" early schedule was over. ManU was supposed to crush teams for the next four weeks.

We are 6 games in now so a lot of the pre-season leggyness should be out of the way and players and managers should be starting to get an idea of the best 11's and formations etc. Its going to be very competitive this season so dropping early points will really hurt teams come the end of the season. Whats worse is that a lot of the teams arent even firing. Utd have shown next to nothing so far, Chelsea sound like they have shown a glimpse of what they are capable of today and will probably improve and I get the feeling Man City will be a beatable team under the right circs until Pellegrini is fully bedded in.

Spurs sound like they have been playing quite well and with all the changes they have made its hard to know what they are going to be like this year.

Arsenal are the same old story. Ozil and Flamini were huge signings but when I watched them against Stoke they were hardly impressive and still have the same defensive problems.

Swansea for me look like a very good team and they have a lot of depth now. Their test will come when later in the season when they have to start grinding out wins, because Im not sure if they are that type of team.

Liverpool are very interesting too. They have built on last season and whilst they arent doing anything spectacularly they are picking up wins (for the most part) and at the very least, creating enough chances to win games.

Soton are a real dark horse. They also havent been spectacular this season but they are also picking up points and learning how to win ugly (to a certain point). Like Villa, they will be a tough cookie for the big clubs.

Then you have us. We arent firing on all cylinders but we shown periods of real quality and like City we will probably come stronger in the 2nd half of the season. Teams that pick up these early points will give themselves a chance to break the top 4 because the big clubs will come hard at the end of the season.

All three have new managers, and I think the media have forgotten how difficult transitions can be. It shows just how well we are doing, since we're also in a period of transition.

Yeh exactly, everyone is expecting things to happen straight away. You can even include Spurs in that with the amount of players they have signed as well. You can see where Pellegrini, AVB, Mourinho and Martinez are heading but I dont think Moyes has managed to get his philosphy onto the players yet. The starting 11 and the general tactics are very similar to Fergie's, just without the same craft.