IGNORED

General Weekend/Midweek Football

21 hours ago, Bailey said:

He was hit and miss last season too I thought but he us still their best defender along with probably just about Smalling. Jones doesnt really have any positives about him and Lindelof needs to leave.

I said last season but meant 16/17 with Bailly when he was quality - injured most of last season.

I actually think Phil Jones is decent - would much prefer him over Smalling who I don’t rate at all.

1 hour ago, c1982 said:

I said last season but meant 16/17 with Bailly when he was quality - injured most of last season.

I actually think Phil Jones is decent - would much prefer him over Smalling who I don’t rate at all.

I think both of the latter two have their ups and downs to be fair. Jones was garbage last night, throughout, but Smalling will get the headline for that last goal. 

The next game it will be the other way around! 

On ‎28‎/‎08‎/‎2018 at 20:51, Matt said:

I wouldn’t want him anywhere near the club; the less we see of him the better 

Part of me wants him to get another job in the Prem, fail miserably and get relegated, on the provado that we are the team to relegate him in a 6-0 win.

Why were Boreham Wood and Sutton United playing today in the Scottish Challenge Cup (I spotted this in the results page of the BBC website)? I understand why Berwick Rangers play in the Scottish League, because they are a mile or so south of the border, but Boreham Wood are from Hertfordshire and Sutton United are from south London.

3 minutes ago, Cornish Steve said:

Why were Boreham Wood and Sutton United playing today in the Scottish Challenge Cup (I spotted this in the results page of the BBC website)? I understand why Berwick Rangers play in the Scottish League, because they are a mile or so south of the border, but Boreham Wood are from Hertfordshire and Sutton United are from south London.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/45438293

• 2 weeks later...
25 minutes ago, markjazzbassist said:

RB leipzig playing RB salzburg.  WTF?  how is that possible.  i thought owners couldn't play themselves.  i can see the team talk now:

"lads a draw is plenty sufficient, just have a kick about and call it a day"

Too much Red Bull can send you fookin nuts. 

I went on a skiing holiday... started with an 15 hour bender.... drinking lager. Then the next day went on vodka red bulls.... dunno how many I had but after that I was literally in bed having palpitations.... exhaustion, too much alcohol and too much caffeine was just awful.  Couldn't sleep but needed too and my brain was racing and heart was pounding.  Very very scary. 

13 minutes ago, hafnia said:

I went on a skiing holiday... started with an 15 hour bender.... drinking lager. Then the next day went on vodka red bulls.... dunno how many I had but after that I was literally in bed having palpitations.... exhaustion, too much alcohol and too much caffeine was just awful.  Couldn't sleep but needed too and my brain was racing and heart was pounding.  Very very scary. 

I don't know how anyone can drink multiple drinks containing Red Bull. It's far, far too sweet to drink a lot of for me.

1 hour ago, hafnia said:

Since I stopped drinking coffee caffeine does my head right in. When we were out here in May we were sat by the harbour and I thought "sod it" and had a Greek coffee because I used to love it, sent me crazy; head spinning, shakes, had zero idea how we were going to get back to our place because I was in no fit state to drive and wife can't. Must've sat there for an hour and a half before it subsided enough for us to leave.....never again.

Talking of stupid drinks we went to Laganas yesterday, party central of the island, f'king horrible place but late in season so very quiet and a good place to buy presents for the grand-kids strangely enough. One place selling (among the nitrus oxide and shisha pipes) a pint of "headfuck" for €5, didn't specify what it contained. I didn't ask.  

12 minutes ago, MikeO said:

Since I stopped drinking coffee caffeine does my head right in. When we were out here in May we were sat by the harbour and I thought "sod it" and had a Greek coffee because I used to love it, sent me crazy; head spinning, shakes, had zero idea how we were going to get back to our place because I was in no fit state to drive and wife can't. Must've sat there for an hour and a half before it subsided enough for us to leave.....never again.

Talking of stupid drinks we went to Laganas yesterday, party central of the island, f'king horrible place but late in season so very quiet and a good place to buy presents for the grand-kids strangely enough. One place selling (among the nitrus oxide and shisha pipes) a pint of "headfuck" for €5, didn't specify what it contained. I didn't ask.  

Ah you out in zante Mike. Yeah loved it there .. got engaged. Small place called tregaki... never seem laganas. Way too old for all that now. Happy holidays! 

5 star metaxa is my fav

14 minutes ago, hafnia said:

Ah you out in zante Mike. Yeah loved it there .. got engaged. Small place called tregaki... never seem laganas. Way too old for all that now. Happy holidays! 

5 star metaxa is my fav

We're about 5/6 miles up the coast from Tregaki, village called Xechoriati, think it's our 11th visit and already booked for next year. I am partial to a Metaxa but not had one yet this time.

27 minutes ago, hafnia said:

He might just be a 4 season wonder Pete....

I'd get 10 goals for that spurs team and I'm obese. If they had a proper quality striker like Lukaku they would've won the league the other year. Kane needs far too many chances he's just lucky spurs eriksen in particular create loads.