IGNORED

General Weekend/Midweek Football

2 hours ago, dunlopp9987 said:

Jesus. Between this and the BW supporters booing Mykolenko, we're really seeing the best from a selection of the English fans...

Chelsea fans have got form for being absolute dick heads. It won’t be the last time they embarrass themselves, that’s for sure. 

26 minutes ago, Sibdane said:

I didn’t even realize Arsenal had moved up to 4th. I’ve only been paying attention to us or the teams around us. 

Yeah, I think they're best set up to finish 4th. United will always have drama surrounding them, Spurs are so up and down, and West Ham will inevitably slip up.

I just hope Arsenal aren't fighting for 4th on the last day...

4 minutes ago, dunlopp9987 said:

Another stoppage in a game (City/United) for an emergency medical situation in the stands. Am I crazy, or are we seeing a ton of these this season? I don't remember this happening as much as it has this season

Without sounding like a tinhat yeah, it's happening way more frequent now. Don't want to be one of those iTs tHe vAcCiNe people but it does make you wonder what has suddenly changed in society.

1 hour ago, Zoo 2.0 said:

Without sounding like a tinhat yeah, it's happening way more frequent now. Don't want to be one of those iTs tHe vAcCiNe people but it does make you wonder what has suddenly changed in society.

Oh that never even crossed my mind, considering there's no scientific evidence to back it up

Awareness I think, nowt sinister.

4 hours ago, Hafnia said:

Infection with covid creates increased chance of cardiomyopathy…. This is what the tin hats don’t realise. I’m sure there are risks or results getting the vaccine but there are so many dickheads spouting shite to soothe their confirmation bias. We get it…. They didn’t get the vaccine and they think it was the right choice, many didn’t and ended up dead or in a state where they can barely walk up the stairs. 

we won’t know enough about this disease for a good while. From my perspective at the time - not having a vaccine wasn’t an option. 

a cricket legend with a love of rock and roll lifestyle died of a heart attack in a resort where hedonistic temptations are everywhere ranging from alcohol, drugs, women……. “Ah he had the vaccine” is the first thing from so many.  No sympathy, no wait for autopsies….. just claiming him as one of the deaths for their rants. 

I don't understand why jumping on the vaccine comes before jumping on a possible link to Covid.

I don't think either should be jumped to without evidence but why the vaccine ahead of the disease? 

1 hour ago, Bailey said:

I don't understand why jumping on the vaccine comes before jumping on a possible link to Covid.

I don't think either should be jumped to without evidence but why the vaccine ahead of the disease? 

Because it's a government nano-chip that's going to change your DNA and track your every movement 🙃🙃🙃

12 hours ago, Bailey said:

In my humble opinion? Based on cross section of people who I see doing this sort of nonsense (facebook, twitter) - who I have knowledge of from school.....

1. academically thick as pig shit.  I went to a comprehensive school, maybe I was bright enough to go to grammar but spent most of my lessons at 6 to 11 messing about and failed the 11+.   In comp school I got to see a wide cross section of intellects and backgrounds.  I have many people I am "friends" with on social media who I went to school with.  Many of them absolutely sound - I don't judge people on their ability to pass exams - the penny only dropped with me at 14 and I ended up doing well.... but when I see people who I didn't see in my A-level biology class.... who to be honest left school at 16 because they didn't get the grades required to stay on - start talking about immunisation, RNA and are using text talk and grammar that would give @mikeo enough material to pack in wordle, then I can't hep but thinking "listen, you were shit at school - you can't replace your D grade in home economics with a PHD in facebook based medicine - so stop trying to mess with stuff you know fuck all about".

2. Arrogant beyond belief.  Maybe I sound like an arrogant prick saying this - but I stay in my lane.  I have been asked many a time to push myself for promotions but believe its important to not kid yourself... I wouldn't want to be managed by me, so I won't be a manager.  These people believe that they can read a non verified document and just by understanding it a little - makes them "free thinkers".  You aren't..... you still have a giant chip on your shoulder and you resent the people at the top of the pile of what they do because they had the ability that you never.

(in reading the above two posts I sound like a lazy "i coulda been" - nope.  One of my biggest weaknesses is consistency of application - I was diagnosed with adhd at 42 so realised that I have actually done quite well in getting what I have so far.)

3. dislike of authority.  The preceding factor to the vaccines was lockdown - "you cant tell me to stay in".  They firmly settled in the "them / us" camp and no matter the fact that the vaccines were created to save lives...... they want to do everything in their powers to deter and criticise people from having them.

4. Never wrong.... never ever wrong.

1 hour ago, chicagoblue said:

Watching burnley v Brentford over breakfast.  Terrible terrible football.  We can't be worse than these two can we?

I caught 15 minutes and had the exact same thought, the football was bordering on comical (which in turn made me all the more depressed that we're in the mix of this shite).

Glad Brentford won though, keeps Burnley in it.

I caught 15 minutes and had the exact same thought, the football was bordering on comical (which in turn made me all the more depressed that we're in the mix of this shite).

Glad Brentford won though, keeps Burnley in it.

Pat Nevin was funny on the radio, kept saying, "...a game of football's going to break out any moment".