IGNORED

General Weekend/Midweek Football

I was always dead set against the use of VAR from the beginning, I said from the off it would take more away from the game as a spectator sport than it would add to it, I came up against a lot of opposition for my views but as a person who was always against the introduction of VAR It’s turned out to be worse than I expected for reasons I didn’t expect.  

I'm repeating myself again here but the introduction of VAR has just proved how corrupt the English game is. It was always up for interpretation when it was just the referee, however now it's in black and white the amount of favouritism and bias behind decisions. 

It's actually killed a lot of my love for football, as it feels as though there's Everton against a multi-billion corporation as opposed to 11 players.

1 hour ago, Hafnia said:

VAR and technology could actually make the game 100% fair, I’m pretty certain every stadium could have calibrated cameras with an automatic decision made via a computer.    To me it’s seems they don’t want this, why? Cos they want to influence outcomes. 

Exactly. Doesn't cricket have Hawkeye which just gives a yes/no similar to goal line tech? It's not hard with todays tech

39 minutes ago, Zoo 2.0 said:

Christian Eriksen has always been an outstanding player, he would have been an unbelievable coup had we signed him. No surprise that United suddenly look lethal going forward now that he's started to find his feet with them, a truly magical player.

It always me that Barca never went for him 5 years ago. 

37 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

As expected, the minute's silence had to be cut short at Analfield tonight due to shouting and booing.

I listened; they presented it as a "period" of silence without specification of how long (ref's whistle to ref's whistle) so that it could be stopped at any time. Doubtless the crowd effects mics were turned down but it was still extremely noticable and shortened as much as they could.

I have zero problem with people being republican, and there have have been awful examples of those making the case for that being arrested, but you don't kick off over an old woman dying. 

Personally I'd stay quiet in a silence but also stay quiet if there was applause.

21 minutes ago, Gwlad all over said:

I think you said that before, why not. Pretty loaded aren't they?

They're rumoured to be set to fail FFP, hence why they signed nobody in the summer and are reluctant to sack Rodgers. 

A few on Twitter are whispering that they've actually got rid of him tonight, but nothing confirmed.