IGNORED

General Weekend/Midweek Football

1 hour ago, Palfy said:

Barkley running the game in the first 15 minutes 

He's been the best player on the pitch.... again. 

but we wouldn't take him on a free..... best spending money on players who aren't a patch on him.  

2 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

Nah.... unfortunately he took the corner for the equaliser. 

imagine having someone who can deliver a good corner 

That's been a problem for years. It's like players are allergic to it here - even Baines' went shite.

Maybe there's some voodoo involved :lol:.

4 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

He's been the best player on the pitch.... again. 

but we wouldn't take him on a free..... best spending money on players who aren't a patch on him.  

I wouldn’t say that he went missing for long periods in the game, he started like a train was really impressive, then pretty much went missing, then finished well in the last 10-15. 
When Forest started to take control of the game after 15-20 he had no impact on the game, for a good midfielder needs to contribute as much trying to win the ball back and closing down as much as he does when in possession of the ball, Barkley doesn’t have that in his game or didn’t today for sure. 
When Luton started a resurgence and dominated the ball more in the last 10-15 minutes he came right back into the game again. 

5 minutes ago, Palfy said:

I wouldn’t say that he went missing for long periods in the game, he started like a train was really impressive, then pretty much went missing, then finished well in the last 10-15. 
When Forest started to take control of the game after 15-20 he had no impact on the game, for a good midfielder needs to contribute as much trying to win the ball back and closing down as much as he does when in possession of the ball, Barkley doesn’t have that in his game or didn’t today for sure. 
When Luton started a resurgence and dominated the ball more in the last 10-15 minutes he came right back into the game again. 

Barkley considering he doesn't have lokonga winning the ball and feeding him is about as involved as you could expect. 

in short - without Barkley they are a patch of the side they are. With lokonga and Barkley they are capable of springing surprises 

Just now, Hafnia said:

Barkley considering he doesn't have lokonga winning the ball and feeding him is about as involved as you could expect. 

in short - without Barkley they are a patch of the side they are. With lokonga and Barkley they are capable of springing surprises 

Barkley was possibly Luton’s best player, there was no one else in there team that did more to impress, I felt the motm for me was Williams for Forest, he shone for me throughout the game, and I maybe the only one who saw it that way, which is fine with me after all we all see things differently.

I don’t know who was awarded motm because my stream finished soon as the game did, do you know who it was given to on the stream you was watching?

27 minutes ago, Palfy said:

Barkley was possibly Luton’s best player, there was no one else in there team that did more to impress, I felt the motm for me was Williams for Forest, he shone for me throughout the game, and I maybe the only one who saw it that way, which is fine with me after all we all see things differently.

I don’t know who was awarded motm because my stream finished soon as the game did, do you know who it was given to on the stream you was watching?

Gibbs white was very good for Forest.

pity we never got him. 

31 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

Gibbs white was very good for Forest.

pity we never got him. 

He was very much involved, but his shooting was well off the mark. 
You’ve got to give credit to Luton, cheapest squad in the league by far, a fair few injuries to key players and 3 games in a week, yet they still believe and never give up, there won’t be many easy games for quite a lot of teams against them. 

5 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

Forgot to say it earlier, but I really liked the look of Wright for Coventry. He seems to have a bit more about him than most and I reckon he could play at a higher level.

I was thinking and forgot to say, I wonder if Thelwell has considered Robins as a replacement for Dyche, as you said earlier mate they play some bloody decent football 🙂

2 minutes ago, Palfy said:

I was thinking and forgot to say, I wonder if Thelwell has considered Robins as a replacement for Dyche, as you said earlier mate they play some bloody decent football 🙂

He also gives youth a chance. Which we may find ourselves in a position of needing to do at some point in the future.

He's a manager that I've thought highly of for a while and wondered why he'd never managed further up.

14 hours ago, Palfy said:

Luke Berry

8 minutes ago, dunlopp9987 said:

This weekend's FA cup ties were crap.

Dull, devoid of goals or excitement, predictable.

In the words of Sgt Major Williams "how sad, never mind".

Sorry kids, look it up!!

• 2 weeks later...
12 minutes ago, StatesideToffee14 said:

Newcastle-West Ham has gotten pretty exciting in the 2nd half. Hammers went up 1:3 in the 2nd half. Newcastle just tied it within the last few minutes. 

Newcastle winning 4-3 and down to 10 men