IGNORED

General Weekend/Midweek Football

8 hours ago, Btay said:

This 100% mate, we are screaming out for a winger that can beat a man or at least drive at the opposition with some pace. Ashley Young as a winger is just baffling & sad.

Problem is, they also have to show that they're diligent in helping out defensively. Otherwise Dyche won't have any interest in them (which I'm not saying is a bad thing.)

Gnonto would've been a big get in the summer 😞

1 minute ago, dunlopp9987 said:

Problem is, they also have to show that they're diligent in helping out defensively. Otherwise Dyche won't have any interest in them (which I'm not saying is a bad thing.)

Gnonto would've been a big get in the summer 😞

When you watch us play you can see exactly why we were after him all summer long. Direct, pacy, strong, can finish... someone like that would make such a difference to this side.

Shite defeat Chelsea in extra time 1:0 in the Carabao Cup final at Wembley. Van Dijk scored the goal in the 2nd portion of extra time. He had scored a goal in the 2nd half of regular time that was disallowed on VAR review when Endo was ruled offside. On the replay, Endo was also blocking the Chelsea defender that was supposed to be marking Van Dijk. 

Was listening to Jon Champion and Stewart Robson on commentary here in the states. Robson mentioned that he thought that for matches like this that they should go straight to PKs if the match is tied after 90 minutes. His argument was that he'd seen plenty of matches where not much of note would happen in the extra 30 minutes of extra time so they'd be better off going straight through to the penalty kicks. 

21 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

Yeah, but how many points closer did Luton get to us for coming back from 2-0 down to lose 3-2?

I wish Luton were as shit as you make them out to be.

They are a Pain in the fuckin arse and I don't think they are going anywhere soon. 

watching them after us was depressing as fook. 2-0 down and they play a high line to stifle Watkins and get 2 goals back and almost score a 3rd.   

we set up to play as though we are Luton and Luton set up to play as though they are Man City. Emre celebrated like fook cos he knows he got away with one 

13 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

Get this man a drink! Zero is the correct answer.

Truth be told, I was baffled by you asking the question as the fact they got zero points seemed implicit in my Digne post.

So I thought there must be something very cunning in your post that I had missed!

I'll take the drink, though. 🙂

4 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

I wish Luton were as shit as you make them out to be.

They are a Pain in the fuckin arse and I don't think they are going anywhere soon. 

watching them after us was depressing as fook. 2-0 down and they play a high line to stifle Watkins and get 2 goals back and almost score a 3rd.   

we set up to play as though we are Luton and Luton set up to play as though they are Man City. Emre celebrated like fook cos he knows he got away with one 

I didn't even mention them being shit. They get all this praise as if they're winning points and yet that was another loss for them today. Results are what matter.

We played well today and lost. It's the loss that matters, not that we played well.

1 minute ago, Formby said:

Truth be told, I was baffled by you asking the question as the fact they got zero points seemed implicit in my Digne post.

So I thought there must be something very cunning in your post that I had missed!

I'll take the drink, though. 🙂

:lol: No mate, just taking the piss (not out of you, I might add).

12 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

I didn't even mention them being shit. They get all this praise as if they're winning points and yet that was another loss for them today. Results are what matter.

We played well today and lost. It's the loss that matters, not that we played well.

:lol: No mate, just taking the piss (not out of you, I might add).

The issue is that they have bottle and fight and aside sheff United they have given good sides a right tough game - best Brighton 4-0, 4-4 Newcastle, played man United, Liverpool, Chelsea, Villa and gave strong accounts of themselves. 

they've got palace, Bournemouth and Forest next. I can see them getting 9 points in those games. 

19 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

The issue is that they have bottle and fight and aside sheff United they have given good sides a right tough game - best Brighton 4-0, 4-4 Newcastle, played man United, Liverpool, Chelsea, Villa and gave strong accounts of themselves. 

they've got palace, Bournemouth and Forest next. I can see them getting 9 points in those games. 

We haven't won a league game for almost 3 months and have had 6 points deducted and they still have less points than we do.

So I reckon I'll keep not worrying about them.

3 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

We haven't won a league game for almost 3 months and have had 6 points deducted and they still have less points than we do.

So I reckon I'll keep not worrying about them.

Last 10 matches they have more than double our points. 6 points better off. 

11 games left they are 5 behind, one game in hand and we have another 1-3 to come off.  I don't need to do a forecasting model to conclude that we are the team that needs to change - not them.  If current form persists we are fighting with forest for last spot. 

you are quoting stats but ignoring them at the same time. Yeah they get beaten by teams you expect them to get beaten by..... whereas we are dropping points against teams we should be beating. 

They concede goals and come back fighting, we go ahead in games and concede and lose or draw. 

for some reason people seem to think that our easy looking home games will see us ok.   Dyche is returning a similar level of goals scored to his time at Burnley. When they got 7th they did it with 37 goals, we are running at a rate of returning 43. In short - we need to keep clean sheets or we are in trouble.

26 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

If current form persists we are fighting with forest for last spot. 

I agree with your points on Luton, but this especially on Forest. I think that's how it will end up. Their upcoming PSR penalty compared to ours will be absolutely pivotal.

24 minutes ago, Formby said:

I agree with your points on Luton, but this especially on Forest. I think that's how it will end up. Their upcoming PSR penalty compared to ours will be absolutely pivotal.

Problem is the 9 point administration penalty is not going to be reached. Forest will probably get 6-7, we may get 3.

I put us around 4-6 points better off than Forest as it stands. We need wins 

Luton will be ok I think, Brentford will continue to struggle.  Played Chelsea at a good time. 

1 hour ago, Hafnia said:

Last 10 matches they have more than double our points. 6 points better off. 

11 games left they are 5 behind, one game in hand and we have another 1-3 to come off.  I don't need to do a forecasting model to conclude that we are the team that needs to change - not them.  If current form persists we are fighting with forest for last spot. 

you are quoting stats but ignoring them at the same time. Yeah they get beaten by teams you expect them to get beaten by..... whereas we are dropping points against teams we should be beating. 

They concede goals and come back fighting, we go ahead in games and concede and lose or draw. 

for some reason people seem to think that our easy looking home games will see us ok.   Dyche is returning a similar level of goals scored to his time at Burnley. When they got 7th they did it with 37 goals, we are running at a rate of returning 43. In short - we need to keep clean sheets or we are in trouble.

Last 6 matches we have the same points, talking of selective stats ;) except we have draw 4, lost 2, they're lost 4, drawn 1 won 1. Its not like they're on a streak or anything.

Yes Luton continue to surprise, but that doesn't mean they're safe. We also do need to start winning again. It's all in our hands either way.

5 hours ago, Matt said:

Last 6 matches we have the same points, talking of selective stats ;) except we have draw 4, lost 2, they're lost 4, drawn 1 won 1. Its not like they're on a streak or anything.

Yes Luton continue to surprise, but that doesn't mean they're safe. We also do need to start winning again. It's all in our hands either way.

why would you take a smaller sample size when you have a sample size that is almost the exact number as the games remaining to play and gives a more likelier inclusion of the variety of level of opposition you would face? 

now if Luton's remaining games are all of the calibre of Man City, Liverpool, man United, Brighton, Newcastle then that's fair enough but we know that's not the case don't we? 

Luton have palace, bornemouth twice, forest, Brentford, wolves, West Ham, Fulham and us - as all winnable games in their final 12 games, the only games I don't fancy them for are city, arsenal and spurs. 

Id love to be able to tell you I don't fancy them to stay up... the fact is that if they avoid injuries I think they will have enough. 

3 hours ago, Matt said:

And all the pundits were saying he had to step up after he told them all to shut up :)

Then he has a chance to make it 2-0 and decides to take a dive to get walker sent off - city go other end and score.   Very very rashford. 

15 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

Then he has a chance to make it 2-0 and decides to take a dive to get walker sent off - city go other end and score.   Very very rashford. 

Pathetic :lol:

17 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

why would you take a smaller sample size when you have a sample size that is almost the exact number as the games remaining to play and gives a more likelier inclusion of the variety of level of opposition you would face? 

now if Luton's remaining games are all of the calibre of Man City, Liverpool, man United, Brighton, Newcastle then that's fair enough but we know that's not the case don't we? 

Luton have palace, bornemouth twice, forest, Brentford, wolves, West Ham, Fulham and us - as all winnable games in their final 12 games, the only games I don't fancy them for are city, arsenal and spurs. 

Id love to be able to tell you I don't fancy them to stay up... the fact is that if they avoid injuries I think they will have enough. 

Because I was just pointing out that their form of late is exactly the same as ours and form of 6 games. But fairs fair, that form is only going to give an idea of the next 6 games and it's form I'm happy for them to continue. 

Oh, and I'll add that those ones you're expecting them to win are also against teams fighting for survival too, so there's that too. Even if Luton beat all of them, that puts us in a better situation. Assuming we start scoring of course and it's only a matter of time again. 

2 hours ago, Matt said:

Oh, and I'll add that those ones you're expecting them to win are also against teams fighting for survival too, so there's that too. Even if Luton beat all of them, that puts us in a better situation. Assuming we start scoring of course and it's only a matter of time again. 

I don't expect them to win - just that they are winnable. 

My prediction is they will finish above forest and Brentford, I'm hoping that we finish above them. 

1 hour ago, Romey 1878 said:

Luton went and made today slightly worse. Bastards :lol:.

It will be between us and Forest after points deduction. 

they never give up and on the run in when facing teams with nothing to play for they will out battle them. 

United like West Ham were there for the taking today.... United fans on talksport skating their manager and side.