IGNORED

General Weekend/Midweek Football

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Romey 1878 said:

It will be when we get our points back ;).

In fairness to Luton they may still go down, but by god for the smallest club in the league they have played their hearts out, played some decent football and achieved some great results. 

3 minutes ago, Palfy said:

In fairness to Luton they may still go down, but by god for the smallest club in the league they have played their hearts out, played some decent football and achieved some great results. 

They literally have nothing to lose, and they're playing exactly like that. No one gave them a chance of staying up so they may as well just go for it in games - there's not much thought to sitting in and soaking up pressure, they have a go and see what happens.

49 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

They literally have nothing to lose, and they're playing exactly like that. No one gave them a chance of staying up so they may as well just go for it in games - there's not much thought to sitting in and soaking up pressure, they have a go and see what happens.

Well they had 3 points to lose until Agent Barkley slipped up 

30 minutes ago, Matt said:

Well they had 3 points to lose until Agent Barkley slipped up 

He's basically running their side.  He will be a shortlist contender for player of the season at this rate. 

we should have signed him in the summer. Would improve our side massively. 

21 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

He's basically running their side.  He will be a shortlist contender for player of the season at this rate. 

we should have signed him in the summer. Would improve our side massively. 

While you’re at it we should have kept Townsend 😉

24 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

There's a fair argument for that too... seriously have you not been watching them?

I have mate and I’ve been impressed too be honest with the team and the manager, after a poor start trying to adapt to the league, they found their feet and are playing some decent football. 

8 minutes ago, dunlopp9987 said:

Utd win would be a good salve after the defeat today. Even better if forest shit the bed later too

Yeah we need the Luton bubble to burst - especially at home. Next 3 fixtures man United, Liverpool, Villa.  Be great if we get a good chunk of points back before the game vs man United and it sends them into a lull 

hopefully sheff United snot them now

11 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

Good to see Ross Barkley still helping us out by being Ross Barkley and losing possession.

Suppose he's got to do the odd thing wrong.  He gets in our 11 whichever way you look at it. 

watched the majority of the game and he controlled possession for Luton, they literally use him as the player who takes the ball when other don't want it. 

10 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

Suppose he's got to do the odd thing wrong.  He gets in our 11 whichever way you look at it. 

watched the majority of the game and he controlled possession for Luton, they literally use him as the player who takes the ball when other don't want it. 

It's mad that a good few months in a side that just lets him do whatever he wants because he's miles better than anything else they have in their team wipes away him spending literal years stinking out the place at Chelsea, Villa and Nice. It'll take more than a little purple patch in a team where he has no responsibility to work to convince me it's finally clicked for him

You're dreaming if you think he'd get the same sort of freedom here or anywhere else tbh. He wouldn't be allowed to be the luxury player he currently is, he'd be asked to work elsewhere and that isn't his strongpoint and his inconsistency and deficiencies would rear their head again.

Look, I never wanted him to leave Everton and I always thought it would be a mistake for him to leave us. I always thought he had all the attributes to be a top player but he was lacking in decision making, and I've seen absolutely nothing to suggest that 30 year old Ross Barkley is any different to the 23 year old Ross Barkley.

1 hour ago, Romey 1878 said:

It's mad that a good few months in a side that just lets him do whatever he wants because he's miles better than anything else they have in their team wipes away him spending literal years stinking out the place at Chelsea, Villa and Nice. It'll take more than a little purple patch in a team where he has no responsibility to work to convince me it's finally clicked for him

You're dreaming if you think he'd get the same sort of freedom here or anywhere else tbh. He wouldn't be allowed to be the luxury player he currently is, he'd be asked to work elsewhere and that isn't his strongpoint and his inconsistency and deficiencies would rear their head again.

Look, I never wanted him to leave Everton and I always thought it would be a mistake for him to leave us. I always thought he had all the attributes to be a top player but he was lacking in decision making, and I've seen absolutely nothing to suggest that 30 year old Ross Barkley is any different to the 23 year old Ross Barkley.

Most fans who watched him at 18 knew he was the most richly talented player aside Rooney that we have produced in decades. His athleticism, technical ability is off the scale.

yeah his decision making was his poorest part of his game and he could lose confidence.

hes been extremely unlucky that he's only had 2 managers who are ideal for him - Martinez and the guy at Luton.