IGNORED

General Weekend/Midweek Football

22 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

This is the Eddie Howe standard I have always expected to see.

He's so overrated.

I mean...he took them to a top 4 finish. Not saying he's the next Pep, but I do think he's a good manager. 

Also these results lately are making things a bit more stressful once again. After the Burnley win it felt like we had opened up a decent gap, now with our losses coupled with wins from those around us, it's giving me that sinking feeling again

1 hour ago, dunlopp9987 said:

I mean...he took them to a top 4 finish. Not saying he's the next Pep, but I do think he's a good manager. 

Also these results lately are making things a bit more stressful once again. After the Burnley win it felt like we had opened up a decent gap, now with our losses coupled with wins from those around us, it's giving me that sinking feeling again

And now he's returning them to where he should have in the first place. He's not a good manager - he was overrated at Bournemouth and he's overrated now.

Calm down, we'll be fine.

1 hour ago, dunlopp9987 said:

Where does the plural come from?:huh:

Gap will open again soon enough, keep the faith.

On 25/12/2023 at 04:46, Romey 1878 said:

Failure is often rewarded in football, so it wouldn't be a surprise.

Just as an addendum to this, Cooper is also being discussed at Birmingham as a replacement for Wayne Rooney. Palace could make a move with Roy Hodgson as early as after this weekend if they don't stop their current winless skid when they host Brentford. 

On 28/12/2023 at 14:49, MikeO said:

Penalty given against Kulusevski for one of these incidents but not the other, can anyone guess who didn't get a spot-kick (clue: it's not Brighton)?:rolleyes:

image.png.601b142010f54f664b5c546d64c92cef.png

I didn't get to watch the Spurs game, did this pull on Onana inhibit him from actually getting to the ball? Cause the tug on Welbeck fully inhibited him from getting a touch on the ball

18 minutes ago, dunlopp9987 said:

I didn't get to watch the Spurs game, did this pull on Onana inhibit him from actually getting to the ball? Cause the tug on Welbeck fully inhibited him from getting a touch on the ball

Doesn't matter (I didn't see the game either). He was plainly inhibited from going where he wanted to go, inside the penalty area, possibly making a run taking a defender out of the game if not going for the ball himself.

16 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

Luton trailing 3-1, been the better side in my book too. They ain't going anywhere without a fight 

I honestly don't know why everyone has written them off. They've got nothing to lose and 0 expectations; they can and do play without fear. Reminds me a bit of Blackpool.

3 minutes ago, Matt said:

I honestly don't know why everyone has written them off. They've got nothing to lose and 0 expectations; they can and do play without fear. Reminds me a bit of Blackpool.

Everything goes through Barkley. He has runners all around him.  Without him they would be nothing - he looks like zidane in there for them. 

this is the player Barkley has always promised to be... he has a manager who isn't bullying him - running games. 

30 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

Everything goes through Barkley. He has runners all around him.  Without him they would be nothing - he looks like zidane in there for them. 

this is the player Barkley has always promised to be... he has a manager who isn't bullying him - running games. 

He's a mediocre fish in a small pond but I know what you mean. 

36 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

Luton is about his level, he's a very mediocre footballer. The fact that he played with Chelsea, Villa and Nice without sticking around shows just how bang average he is. Anyone with an ounce of ability could look half decent at Kenilworth Road.

15 minutes ago, Zoo 2.0 said:

Luton is about his level, he's a very mediocre footballer. The fact that he played with Chelsea, Villa and Nice without sticking around shows just how bang average he is. Anyone with an ounce of ability could look half decent at Kenilworth Road.

If it's his level then why is he dominating midfield against far better sides?  

hes looking a class class player and many fans refuse to accept this.  

6 minutes ago, Zoo 2.0 said:

Luton lost btw, they're also 18th in the league. The love towards Barkley is simply emotional, he isn't and never has been anything more than an OK midfielder.

Well, talent wise he should've been a star, but his head isn't capable of delivering on his physical ability. Still amounts to a very average and frustrating player though .

24 minutes ago, Zoo 2.0 said:

Luton lost btw, they're also 18th in the league. The love towards Barkley is simply emotional, he isn't and never has been anything more than an OK midfielder.

Take it you didn't watch the game... Luton by far the better side.  You seen Luton points with and without Barkley? 

listen you clearly nailed your colours to the mast - fine.  He's carrying their side. 

28 minutes ago, StatesideToffee14 said:

Mentioned this in the other thread but at least the other current relegation sides, in addition to Luton, are currently losing so it's not as if we'll be stuck in a relegation spot during the upcoming break. 

Luton look a very different side to the other 2.  We need Barkley to have muscle strain and miss a few games.  

8 hours ago, Zoo 2.0 said:

Anyone with an ounce of ability could look half decent at Kenilworth Road.

I get what you’re saying but can’t agree. Some systems just work for some players and some players just flourish under certain managers with certain tactics and players are only human and go through good and bad phases in their career. Barkley’s always been a good player and whatever it is currently, suits him - much like Doucoure who has gone from ‘shite’ to arguably our most important player.

Gibbs-White is a good example - at Wolves he was meh - how on earth were they asking £30m? Or whatever it was. At Forest, he looks like he could pick his next move and has probably doubled in value.

Yeah, tactics are probably playing a factor in Barkley’s resurgence but he’s showing his class at the same time.

BBC

23rd Dec...
Manchester United have won just one match out of their last five in the top flight and Erik ten Hag's side have lost more games than they have won this season across all competitions.
27th Dec...
Man Utd 3-2 Aston Villa: Rasmus Hojlund's first Red Devils goal marks start of new era.
30th Dec...
'Inconsistent' & 'awful' Man Utd are 'back to worst'.

Fairly short "new era" then:lol:

15 minutes ago, MikeO said:

BBC

23rd Dec...
Manchester United have won just one match out of their last five in the top flight and Erik ten Hag's side have lost more games than they have won this season across all competitions.
27th Dec...
Man Utd 3-2 Aston Villa: Rasmus Hojlund's first Red Devils goal marks start of new era.
30th Dec...
'Inconsistent' & 'awful' Man Utd are 'back to worst'.

Fairly short "new era" then:lol:

Every time they get a result they've "turned a corner" or some other nonsense like that.

Saw Gary Neville say after the game last night that they're back to being inconsistent because they beat Villa and then lost to Forest. No, they're just carrying on the inconsistency ffs.

• 2 weeks later...