IGNORED

General Weekend/Midweek Football

2 hours ago, Cornish Steve said:

I'm for the idea of the clock running only when the ball is in play, with 30 minutes each half. It would put an end to time-wasting but would require someone stopping and starting the clock when the ball goes out for a throw-in, goal kick, corner, and the like.

Surely technology can take care of that?

5 hours ago, Cornish Steve said:

Disgusting behavior today by Lauren James. There's no excuse, and I hope she's banned for the remainder of the tournament. England are better than this: they don't have to bully their way to a win.

Why do I feel your reaction is more about the fact she’s English than the actual offence 🤷‍♂️

1 hour ago, Cornish Steve said:

My reaction would be the same no matter which team was involved. Violent play, racism, homophobia: if we don't respond firmly and consistently, it will remain part of the game.

It's not even a stamp. It's naughty, petulant, but not a stamp. Still not acceptable but it's not like she's done a Gerrard.

3 hours ago, Cornish Steve said:

My reaction would be the same no matter which team was involved. Violent play, racism, homophobia: if we don't respond firmly and consistently, it will remain part of the game.

It was violent play by an individual player it happens every week in league in every country. It isn’t bullying as you said and it isn’t condoned by the England team, so I don’t understand your statement of England are better than that, that’s saying England as a team or nation accept and condone violent play. People make poor decisions in the heat of the moment and she will face the consequences of her actions, but she’s definitely not a bully and and England doesn’t encourage that behaviour. But  I wish I could defend you for being a dick when it comes to anything English but I can’t I’d have more chance defending Trump for all the wrong he’s done 😂

Chelsea have so much young talent in their squad. Chuck in a genuine DM ( Caicedo)and they go up another level. Not entirely sure Jackson will score them enough goals first half of the season but he could be a hell of a player once he settles in and matures a bit.

I also think Spurs will only get better but I do have concerns about them at the back. Brentford transitioned a bit too easily at times albeit they are one of the best bottom half teams at doing it.

Not sure what to make of that Utd v Wolves game. 

Utd lack pace at the back especially given how aggresively they want to play. Casemiro looks leggy and it seemed like Fernades was the one making the hardest recovery runs which you don't expect. They do have the potential to be very explosive going forward. It didn't work today in a game that suited but it will do. Rashford is better from the left. 

Wolves will probably get a lot of plaudits for how they played today but I saw a lot of red flags. They can't finish, which doesn't help but they took so many chances in midfield deep in their own half. Another day and they get torn apart. Cunha could be a beast of a player in open space but he fucks things up a lot in the final third. He has a bit of Joelinton about him. Kilman is a really good young centre half and has the scope to play at a much higher level. I feel like they are a team you could park the bus against and they wouldn't score for a week but you could also trap them, turn the ball over and get at Dawson very easily. 

VAR with a shocking decision at the end. I have no idea how Onana got away with that.

8 hours ago, Bailey said:

Not sure what to make of that Utd v Wolves game. 

Utd lack pace at the back especially given how aggresively they want to play. Casemiro looks leggy and it seemed like Fernades was the one making the hardest recovery runs which you don't expect. They do have the potential to be very explosive going forward. It didn't work today in a game that suited but it will do. Rashford is better from the left. 

Wolves will probably get a lot of plaudits for how they played today but I saw a lot of red flags. They can't finish, which doesn't help but they took so many chances in midfield deep in their own half. Another day and they get torn apart. Cunha could be a beast of a player in open space but he fucks things up a lot in the final third. He has a bit of Joelinton about him. Kilman is a really good young centre half and has the scope to play at a much higher level. I feel like they are a team you could park the bus against and they wouldn't score for a week but you could also trap them, turn the ball over and get at Dawson very easily. 

VAR with a shocking decision at the end. I have no idea how Onana got away with that.

That var decision tells you absolutely everything about the game, it’s a product that is marketed for maximum money. Millions will have been watching in man United shirts all round the world….. they need to keep the numbers high. 

2 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

It absolutely was! 

That said, if he'd kissed a male player on the lips after a WC Final, we'd be talking about how progressive and open the Spanish are! 

30 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

United finally make the right decision regarding Mason Greenwood.

They first used public opinion to gauge if they would get away with reinstating him…. Scandalous. 

once they knew it would damage their brand they decided…. Not cos it’s the right thing to do. 

Just now, Hafnia said:

They first used public opinion to gauge if they would get away with reinstating him…. Scandalous. 

once they knew it would damage their brand they decided…. Not cos it’s the right thing to do. 

My bet is that sponsors said they'd drop them if they went ahead with what was clearly the plan.

1 hour ago, Romey 1878 said:

My bet is that sponsors said they'd drop them if they went ahead with what was clearly the plan.

All about £££. The piece of shit will no doubt get a lucrative contract elsewhere, I hope if he does United sue him.  Didn’t Adrián Mutu have to pay Chelsea ? 

8 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

All about £££. The piece of shit will no doubt get a lucrative contract elsewhere, I hope if he does United sue him.  Didn’t Adrián Mutu have to pay Chelsea ? 

He'll go to Saudi.

United haven't sacked him so they'll sell him for decent money, so there won't be any reason for them to sue.

Edit - I thought he was still their player but it's a mutual termination. Still can't see any reason for suing though if he goes somewhere else.

35 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

He'll go to Saudi.

United haven't sacked him so they'll sell him for decent money, so there won't be any reason for them to sue.

Edit - I thought he was still their player but it's a mutual termination. Still can't see any reason for suing though if he goes somewhere else.

United will look bad selling him. The little prick has no place in the game. 

His lawyer's statement today says he was cleared of all charges. The charges were actually dropped by the CPS, a very important distinction. United would have been aware of the circumstances why a key witness dropped out. The fact they were about to welcome him back before the recent surge of negative publicity shows how mercenary they are.