IGNORED

General Weekend/Midweek Football

26 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

Ross Barkley is literally pulling Luton along.  Set up their goal with amazing pass... Liverpool losing.

if we got Barkley we wouldn't be getting relegated..... simple as that 

If we hadn’t had a 10 point deduction we wouldn’t be thinking of relegation… simple as that.

But whatever you need to push the message that Ross Barkley is the second coming of Ross Barkley 😛.

17 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

If we hadn’t had a 10 point deduction we wouldn’t be thinking of relegation… simple as that.

But whatever you need to push the message that Ross Barkley is the second coming of Ross Barkley 😛.

But we have.... if we had Ross Barkley then Luton wouldn't and that alone means they would be 8-10 points less better off. 

1 minute ago, Sibdane said:

Well, that helps. The bottom three are so bad that we should be able to survive, bar any more point deductions. 

Lokonga and doughty went off injured, lokonga alongside Barkley has been immense for them, he breaks up play and gives it to Barkley. 

barkley wasn't getting on the ball and lokonga missing meant Liverpool were finding it easier.

if those 2 players are missing for a few weeks then it's a boost for us. If they return then i fancy Luton  to get out of it. 

7 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

Better team than us by a fuckin mile

I envy their pace, that’s it. Shite defensively (hence the -16 GD) and they don’t have much quality at all but the pace they have (and a lack of fear) means they’ll have chances in games.

It pisses me off that we’ve neglected getting any quick players into our side, if we had then we’d be much better attacking and wouldn’t just be living off scraps. 

Tonight Evertonians took part in kopite behaviour........  

no we didn't march with a cake, we didn't fly a plane with a banner telling the board it's time to go, we didn't leave a match early.  None of the things that fans do when the chairman and board need to be replaced. 

Because of the apathy and acceptance of shite going back years - we found ourselves wanting Liverpool to win a game that takes them clear at the top.

bravo..... 

Just now, Hafnia said:

Tonight Evertonians took part in kopite behaviour........  

no we didn't march with a cake, we didn't fly a plane with a banner telling the board it's time to go, we didn't leave a match early.  None of the things that fans do when the chairman and board need to be replaced. 

Because of the apathy and acceptance of shite going back years - we found ourselves wanting Liverpool to win a game that takes them clear at the top.

bravo..... 

You might’ve but I certainly didn’t.

Obviously I knew about the scoreline but I didn’t watch it. My attitude towards other teams results is ‘it is what it is’. All that matters to me is what we’ll do and we’ll either do what we need to survive or we won’t.

Just now, Romey 1878 said:

I envy their pace, that’s it. Shite defensively (hence the -16 GD) and they don’t have much quality at all but the pace they have (and a lack of fear) means they’ll have chances in games.

It pisses me off that we’ve neglected getting any quick players into our side, if we had then we’d be much better attacking and wouldn’t just be living off scraps. 

Beaten us twice at home mate, ogbene, Barkley, doughty, lokonga, morris, get in our side. 

Just got to hope a few of them miss weeks. 

1 minute ago, Romey 1878 said:

You might’ve but I certainly didn’t.

Obviously I knew about the scoreline but I didn’t watch it. My attitude towards other teams results is ‘it is what it is’. All that matters to me is what we’ll do and we’ll either do what we need to survive or we won’t.

What we need to do to survive is dependant on Luton's result - our points target reduced by 3 tonight. 

2 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

Beaten us twice at home mate, ogbene, Barkley, doughty, lokonga, morris, get in our side. 

Just got to hope a few of them miss weeks. 

I know, I was there first hand to see their lack of quality. The pace they have makes up for it and pace in our side would make up for our lack of quality too. I think we have more quality than them, even though we’re also lacking, but it’s their pace that makes the difference.

I get that a lot of our fans are inclined to lean towards the negative always but they aren’t better than us. 

2 hours ago, Hafnia said:

But we have.... if we had Ross Barkley then Luton wouldn't and that alone means they would be 8-10 points less better off. 

So you're dismissing the "what if" argument when it comes to the ten point deduction, but embracing it to back up your Barkley theory. Fair enough.

44 minutes ago, MikeO said:

So you're dismissing the "what if" argument when it comes to the ten point deduction, but embracing it to back up your Barkley theory. Fair enough.

Fact is we had the option to have Barkley on a free....  That was in our hands as a club.  even with 10 points back I would be nervous about Luton. 

£30k a week he is on at Luton.  Ashley young £83k a week. 

1 minute ago, Hafnia said:

Fact is we had the option to have Barkley on a free....  That was in our hands as a club.  

£30k a week he is on at Luton.  Ashley young £83k a week. 

But Barkley sat around Finch Farm to recover from injury then pissed off to Chelsea. Can't forgive that.

3 minutes ago, Gwlad said:

But Barkley sat around Finch Farm to recover from injury then pissed off to Chelsea. Can't forgive that.

Exactly, a so called life long Everton fan who was lucky to play for the club he so say loved, decided to do a deal with Chelsea on the the day he went to sign for them, which saved Chelsea 15 million and lined his wallet. For me that’s like your best mate shagging your wife and 4 years later you’re asking him to come around to your house again 😄

4 minutes ago, Gwlad said:

Look at the bigger picture, Barkley was ready to sign a contract - fully committed - summer of 2016 with 2 years left on his deal. 

Martinez was sacked - Koeman came in and the contract wasn't presented to him.  Koeman spent months taking the piss out of him in press conferences and the damage was done. Koeman had literally forced him out the club with months remaining on his contract. 

the rest was all up to his agent to sort. "Sign in 6 months and get £10m more" ..... Barkley is unlikely to be thinking of the club after getting fucked about. 

13 minutes ago, Palfy said:

Exactly, a so called life long Everton fan who was lucky to play for the club he so say loved, decided to do a deal with Chelsea on the the day he went to sign for them, which saved Chelsea 15 million and lined his wallet. For me that’s like your best mate shagging your wife and 4 years later you’re asking him to come around to your house again 😄

Watch the toffeetv interview with baz.  Barkley was forced out, Koeman bullied him.  Once he's going it's all agents work, these lads can't book dental appointments let alone negotiate financial deals.

Anyone who thinks otherwise is crackers. 

Do you honestly expect Barkleys agent to not negotiate the best deal for him and sell it to him in a way that makes sense?  Would you expect Barkley to say "no - I'll not sign the £200k a week deal, I'll take the £100k one" 

pretty sure I seen it the way you did at one time but looking back he was forced out and the club did nothing to protect him.  Mason Holgate got a deal before him 

4 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

Watch the toffeetv interview with baz.  Barkley was forced out, Koeman bullied him.  Once he's going it's all agents work, these lads can't book dental appointments let alone negotiate financial deals.

Anyone who thinks otherwise is crackers. 

Do you honestly expect Barkleys agent to not negotiate the best deal for him and sell it to him in a way that makes sense?  Would you expect Barkley to say "no - I'll not sign the £200k a week deal, I'll take the £100k one" 

pretty sure I seen it the way you did at one time but looking back he was forced out and the club did nothing to protect him.  Mason Holgate got a deal before him 

For over 6 months there was a contract on the table for him to sign which would have made him the highest paid player in the club, Koeman did what I would expect most managers to do when they are trying to build a team, he got fed up of talking about him signing and gave him an ultimatum to sign by if he intended to stay. He went to Stamford Bridge had his medical then decided he wasn’t ready to sign the deal both clubs had agreed for 35 million, he then comes back sits on the treatment bench and picks up his wages until the next transfer window, then goes back to Chelsea and signs for 15 million less lines his own pocket and where to believe he had no idea what was going on. And let’s remember this isn’t from a player who’s come to Everton without any allegiance this is a player who is an Evertonian who at one time expressed his love for the team, well he had funny way of showing it, but luckily most haven’t forgotten his treachery and he was roundly booed off by true fans who love this club. 

9 hours ago, Palfy said:

For over 6 months there was a contract on the table for him to sign which would have made him the highest paid player in the club, Koeman did what I would expect most managers to do when they are trying to build a team, he got fed up of talking about him signing and gave him an ultimatum to sign by if he intended to stay. He went to Stamford Bridge had his medical then decided he wasn’t ready to sign the deal both clubs had agreed for 35 million, he then comes back sits on the treatment bench and picks up his wages until the next transfer window, then goes back to Chelsea and signs for 15 million less lines his own pocket and where to believe he had no idea what was going on. And let’s remember this isn’t from a player who’s come to Everton without any allegiance this is a player who is an Evertonian who at one time expressed his love for the team, well he had funny way of showing it, but luckily most haven’t forgotten his treachery and he was roundly booed off by true fans who love this club. 

Koeman???

Palfy have you forgotten how it played out? - Koeman was an absolute fuckin disgrace. 

December 2016 - a new contract for Barkley wasn't a priority (despite Martinez making it one before he was sacked 6 months earlier). But they gave new contracts to jon Joe Kenny, jags, Coleman, Holgate. 

https://www.irishmirror.ie/sport/soccer/soccer-news/everton-boss-ronald-koeman-admits-9469541.amp

Roll on a few months and Barkley is told "sign or you are getting sold".... as though all of a sudden it's a priority.  Yeah seen this dance before. 

https://talksport.com/football/235575/it-seems-ronald-koeman-trying-push-ross-barkley-out-everton-phil-neville-tells-talksport/amp/

Clear as fuckin day Koeman picked on him and used him as his "I'm the boss" victim.

Koeman should have been fined along with Walsh for the damage they done.

let's be clear about Koeman, he's a prick of a man who ditched Suarez in a 40 second phone call and replaced him with fellow Dutch Memphis depay and de jong.... Suarez delivered the league for athletico the next season.  Koeman started barcas downfall. 

no coincidence that Koeman saddled Everton with 2 Dutch flops in martina and klaasen. 

Koeman made Barkley a victim of his ego, it's what he does.  

1) We're not dependent on Luton results. We're dependent on our results.

2) Let's assume Barkely was pushed out. How does that affect his ability to know when to release the ball? Because that was his biggest fault with us; all the talent in the world without the brain to wield it.

3 hours ago, Matt said:

1) We're not dependent on Luton results. We're dependent on our results.

2) Let's assume Barkely was pushed out. How does that affect his ability to know when to release the ball? Because that was his biggest fault with us; all the talent in the world without the brain to wield it.

Fact is Barkley is getting the blame when he was treated appallingly.  It wasn't just Niasse who got it from the big Dutch egomaniac 

30 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

Fact is Barkley is getting the blame when he was treated appallingly.  It wasn't just Niasse who got it from the big Dutch egomaniac 

Fact is some people arent quite so forgiving, he was perfectly capable of telling his agent to get him out in the summer and was perfectly capable of understanding "if you go in January, youll get a lot more money" when his agent presented that option and was perfectly capable of thinking "nah, dont care, juat get me out"... he's not blameless in the stick he gets by any means, he has brought some of it upon himself.

I agree by the way, that he may have been pushed out. But that still does nothing to explain his inability to make a decision at the right time and I don't see how he improves us any more than he did when he was here because of that fundamental flaw in his game.

Manchester United assistant Eric Ramsay has been hired as the head coach of Minnesota United in MLS. 

Ramsay will reportedly stay with Manchester United through the Manchester derby next weekend. 

The MLS season opened last night with Messi and Inter Miami defeating Real Salt Lake with most of the remaining clubs playing this weekend. 

I understand both sides of the argument when it comes to Barkley & agree with points from both sides. However, given the situation we are in & likely to be in next window with limit funds we have to seriously look at Barkley as an option. It's been a long time since he left & I am sure he regrets the way it all panned out. Not the first young lad to make a bad decision & he won't be last.

He would offer so much to our midfield in terms of technical ability, ball retention & he is capable of a match winning moment. On a free, relatively low wages, premier league quality proven - has to be considered surely. The only way he can redeem himself to the fan base would be to come back for a few seasons & guide us to mid table stability or better.

On 22/02/2024 at 07:37, Romey 1878 said:

This 100% mate, we are screaming out for a winger that can beat a man or at least drive at the opposition with some pace. Ashley Young as a winger is just baffling & sad.