IGNORED

Can we win the league?

Memmaclub

I think we've played some of the best football I've seen so far this season....I think any given game against any given team we have a chance of winning.

If we keep playing the way we are then fifth is the worst we could expect.

But (<big but) a few injuries to key players and things might look very different very quickly.....I'm thoroughly enjoying it at the moment but I really don't expect it to go on for thirty eight games.

Can get 100/1 on us winning the league which I think is about right. Top four is 5 or 6/1....might be worth a £ or 2 if you're a "glass half full" kind of person.

Keeping Fellaini fit and in form should be enough for top 4 or there abouts.

However we could challenge, but we don't get the rub if the green from the refs that has cost us a Champs league place to Liverpool in the past. We would never have got the decisions Man U got at Anfield (not many teams do). If refs (and linesmenshaking fist.png) are happy to do their job properly and give Felli some protection and us a few more pens, we won't be far off.

I think we have a team capable of beating every other side and a manager that deserves to get reward, so I'd be thrilled if we can play European football again next season. Our squad isn't big enough to win the league, but it is good enough to keep in touch with 4th place, or win a cup.

What is for sure though, is that Everton are putting themselves back on the map, and hopefully investors will notice them.

We can't/won't win the league. Agree with Mike and Av, injuries permitting and good fortune, we 'could' do a Spurs and nick 4th but thats being more realistic (mixed with a little optimism).

Our first 11 can really put up a decent challenge but fatigue and injuries will play a roll and I don't think we'll be able to maintain the intensity we have shown for a whole season. I'd love it if we could and i'd go absolutely mental if we were looking at CL place comes the end, but the realist in me says no.

Can we win the league.........probably not!

Played pretty well without Jelavic and Gibson, so you would think with those two fit and a couple of the new boys with more prem time

behind them then we can give most teams a pretty good go!

We haven't exactly looked too great at the back, so I guess that's a major factor.Swansea could have had three, but we could have scored six.

We are playing some very attractive football, Mirallas, Pienaar, Baines, Fellaini, Jelavic, Big Vic even Ossie, there are goals a plenty with those lads.

Everton are being talked about....for the right reasons, well run club, good manager, exciting football.

Can we keep this going without Fellaini ?

No, we can't. But I expect us to have a very good season.

We don't have the depth or experience of going the distance like that. And we've shown that we don't handle the big occasions very well. Or rather, the occasions when we're expected to do well. We bottle it or just don't believe in ourselves in enough to go out there and do the business when the pressure's on us.

A season of us being right up amongst the big boys again and who knows in the next couple of seasons though. This season could be a pivotal one for the future. Do well and it might give our players belief, and convince our best players (Fellaini etc) that this club can fulfill their ambitions.

No. Absolutely not. 4th would be an AMAZING season for us, and that would require an incredibly consistent and solid form from us for the entire season, minimal injuries, and one of Man U, Man City, Chelsea, or Arsenal would have to have a bad season. No chance in hell that we can win the league.

Lets have a look at the better teams... definately between Man City and Chelsea for the title.

Man united are as poor as i've seen them but should get third, can we challenge Arsenal for fourth? Maybe we can!

We need to get our defence sorted though, we have shown worrying lapses and they have been covered by being pretty damn good at getting goals and chances. Looking to get Gibson back fit and hopefully our key players remain fit.

I'm as optimistic as i've been in a long time.

Cheryl Cole? Why not aim slightly higher? Like Everton this year. You should not settle for mid table.

Nope, everton cant win the league, this season. But I really do believe that we will be playing european football next season. Deffo Europa league and maybe even CL.

As Hafnia posted, I think its between Everton, Arsenal and Spurs for 4th-6th place.

Oh and about the positive feeling on this board Mirallas. Thats not something thats been a thing of the past but the last time Everton had a great start to the season, they finished 4th. We can all feel it. Its in the air. Somehow the summer changed things. We did not lose any important players and we actually picked up a couple of exciting ones. (Pienaar, Mirallas and Naismith)

Not a lot of talk about banks demanding money from the club and it seems as if there might be some air in the budget for once.

If we lose Felli in jan, I expect us to get top dollar for him. Might even be a good thing although id be really, really depressed to see him go. But we need motivated players, week in and week out to challenge for fourth place. Replace Felli with half the money. Get Ofoe in aswell and perhaps another couple of useful squad players and we are back in the challenge. (and maybe even stronger, even without Felli)

Another couple of years without too much hassle from the banks and back to backs in europe and we might even be able to win the damn league.

Dare to believe!

Edited by Peter H

http://www.toffeetal...ton-discussion/

I only have 2 pages of threads in the Everton discussion forum. Am I missing something?

Do I have a full permission access?

See what you mean...all the old stuff is still there (eg http://www.toffeetalk.com/index.php?showtopic=13393&hl=match )...

....but can't access other than by searchingdont know.gif .

There used to be a setting on the front page where you could set how far back was displayed....I'll investigate (translates as "I'll ask Louis to sort it"cool.png ).

See what you mean...all the old stuff is still there (eg http://www.toffeetal...=13393&hl=match )...

....but can't access other than by searchingdont%20know.gif .

There used to be a setting on the front page where you could set how far back was displayed....I'll investigate (translates as "I'll ask Louis to sort it"cool.png ).

Scrub that...

post-1126-0-96549700-1348510716_thumb.jpg

....click "custom". Default is thirty days.

• 2 weeks later...

Moyes said just a few weeks ago and I am adamant I read it in that 'our main priority this season is to avoid relegation', I actually saw that and it was discussed on a rival page.

Either Moyes is being fickle or unclear on what his true objectives are or I what I saw was Scotch mist.

Moyes using his 'safety first' policies again no doubt.