IGNORED

John Stones

Guest Nikica

I don't understand how papers in England are allowed to publish such shite. Here in the states, you never see that for any sports league

British sports media are like politicians - they are paid very handsomely to tell lies.

Guest Nikica

:rofl: . Looks like I need to ditch my law school dreams and head to Europe then.

Hahaha.

Seriously though, most of the stuff they say is tosh, and designed to get clicks on websites, antagonise supporters etc. The broadsheets are slightly better than the tabloids but most of what the papers print is myth.

Stones wouldn't go at all! Martinez gave him a chance and he has proven himself. I doubt he will go after one season. He still has to develop yet. Maybe in a couple of years when he has matured a bit he might go to Chelsea, Arsenal etc.

In a couple of years time it won,t be Chelsea,Arsenal etc more like Real Madrid , Barcelona, & Bayern .

Where did I read that Lothar Matthias was championing him as well. Or was it Barkley? Either way, the idea was we should throw youth into one tournament in order to better prepare for the future. I completely agree with that sentiment and Stones joining along with Barkley is only worth it if they play.

Where did I read that Lothar Matthias was championing him as well. Or was it Barkley? Either way, the idea was we should throw youth into one tournament in order to better prepare for the future. I completely agree with that sentiment and Stones joining along with Barkley is only worth it if they play.

It was Barkley.

The only place Phil Jones should be going is into a recording with Morph. It's what his play-doh features are best suited for.

Phil Jones is just another Neil Ruddock "watch me put my head in a cement mixer". At International level he isn't canny enough.

I'd take Stones regardless, he is quite clearly going to be an England captain - has got the lot. At international level you need someone with ability to read, composed and ability on the ball at the back, he's potentially the closest thing to Bobby Moore that we have had in that sense.

I'm wondering whether his call-up as backup has meant that he'll no longer feature in Toulon.

The Toulon Tournament starts in 9 days and Hodgson has said he'll wait til June to see if Jones recovers before calling Stones up.

I'd have thought Ferdinand's entourage was big enough tbh.

wasn't clear enough in your post on the england thread?

you're such a post whore :P

Im going nuts... Spent at least 5 mins panicking and reading the England thread to see Rio Ferdinand was chosen instead!!!