IGNORED

John Stones

got pace to burn, needs to grow into himself a little bit but he looks class, bit of a mistake early on but he recovered and never let it affect him. He is like a young Rio Ferdinand.

Absolutely. Remember when he was banded about at Leeds, they're near carbon copies.

I absolutely love Stones. He's fast becoming my favourite player.

What a good centre back he is, future international. Also, with pace to burn and his ball control/passing skills, he could also play in midfield if required.

Reminds me a bit of Luiz of Chelsea - only better.

Edited by johnh

The lad has potential but I still find him a bit weak, and mistake-prone. Sometimes he's brilliant with the ball and other times he's sloppy (like the ball he lost in the corner area against Arsenal).

Nothing that can't be fixed with time. Time, experience and work outs in the gym, plus good coaching, and there you have an elite defender.

He reminds me of Raphael Varane, the french young CB (Real Madrid). Both are fast and agile, look good with the ball, tall, and still a bit weak, they have the body of teenagers.

they have the body of teenagers.

He is a teenager but agree with the rest of your post given time and under a manager like RM he will just get better and better with time, great prospect and talent.

There's some great young English talent emerging we just need a man with the balls to utilize it and drop the old guard.

Tiring. Be great qualifiying for Champions League - buying Lukaku and a couple of others, sticking Barkley on a 6 year deal just to stick to massive fingers up at these journos.

Haven't they got anything better to do such as "Suarez will be off if Real come calling in the summer after making having a great world cup a priority"

I see Jags wasn't on the bench against Sunderland. Stones had an awesome game apart from one slip up. He was really angry at himself at one stage for not getting to block a shot when there were others who were better positioned. Does not like to feel as though he's not doing his bit for the team....will be a world class defender one day.

I was thinking of his demeanour and that of Fellaini during his first season.....no comparison, Stones wins hands down.

Stones looks the real deal. He reminds me of tony adams the way he strides out from the back four, lets face it Stones,Barkley,Coleman will all be being sold in the summer according to the press

London press guy:- "Blimey those dossers at goodison are doing well aren't they?"

Bored Manchester hack:- "oh yeah for some reason they have apart from stealing some unwanteds on loan they have Coleman, Barkley, and this new kid called Stones, don't know if he's any good but a few pundits like him"

London press guy "Arsenal and Chelsea need a good centre half, and clearly we are richer down here than you tramps up there, the problem with you northerners, is you wanna be southerners.... I'm running with this"

Bored manchester hack "can you at least say that Luke Shaw is off to united?"

While I was initially 50-50 on Stones/Jags playing, I don't see a reason why the kid should lose his spot. Sure he's made a couple of mistakes, but he has played phenomenal and gives us something neither Jags/Distin can't; pushing up the field comfortably with the ball. This just smells of a PR move to me, of course Jags will play "when he gets cleared", he's our captain. RM wouldn't say anything else, would he?