IGNORED

John Stones

I think the word "got" in that last sentence wants replacing with the word "pinched" for 3m , wouldn't you agree .

£3m was a decent sum of money for a 17/18 year old "prospect" playing in the championship - the real value comes when the player proves that he can play at the top level - from a financial perspective you guys should have % sell ons, appearance earnings etc. But ultimately you can't demand the money that the player "could be worth".

For me his value is in the £20m bracket now and is only going to increase. Lets say you had Ross Barkley - you would have sold him by now for £5-10m and he is worth £40m+.

Its wrong and is one of the reasons it is so tough for lower league teams to break and maintain a stay in the Prem.

We suffer the same to a degree - when we have a talent the player is automatically linked with a £20m move to Man United or Chelsea... not nice.

I think this lad might be one of the best centre backs england have ever produced. I thought he was outstanding last night, some of his interceptions and cross field passing were immaculate. we have got a serious player here

Edited by Tricky Trev

I've been racking my brain (insignificant though it is)for weeks now trying to remember who Stones reminds me of in the way he plays. I reckon he's very like Brian Labone and similar to Jack Charlton in the way he holds himself and moves forward with the ball rather than just passing it out as per most CBs these days. And his positional play is very reminiscent of both.....and look where they got to....especially Charlton.

Don't know who I'm talking about? Look 'em up on Wikipedia! (excellent reading)!

Brilliant again wasn't he. It's scary to think how good he'll be in two to three years.

Hopefully we'll be able to supply him with the platform to achieve what he wants because there's no doubt he's set for the very, very top.

And if Hodgson has any sense at all he'll take him to this WC in place of Jones or Smalling. He's a much better back-up to Jags and Cahill and the benefit to us of him being around a major tournament would be massive.

Hopefully we'll be able to supply him with the platform to achieve what he wants because there's no doubt he's set for the very, very top.

And if Hodgson has any sense at all he'll take him to this WC in place of Jones or Smalling. He's a much better back-up to Jags and Cahill and the benefit to us of him being around a major tournament would be massive.

I was thinking how useless Smalling was today. If he goes ahead of Stones there's something wrong.

Fair dues mate , but I still think that some Everton fans don,t realise how good a player they have on there hands .

Aye, so you can stop picking at peoples old posts and saying "i told you so", like i have seen youve done with someone else also.

Nobodys here to compare dick size. And people make mistakes.

Aye, so you can stop picking at peoples old posts and saying "i told you so", like i have seen youve done with someone else also.

Yeh I slagged Coleman off bad. Turned out I was completely wrong. I've also slagged McCarthy off. I'm now well and truly on the McCarthy bandwagon

Bit Harsh Aid, its natural for a fan to follow one of their own and be allowed to feel smug. Stones will be our and englands number one centre half

Yeh I slagged Coleman off bad. Turned out I was completely wrong. I've also slagged McCarthy off. I'm now well and truly on the McCarthy bandwagon

Mint Cotto, McCarthy is my favourtite player by a mile

In the same boat with macca, although ive got to say ive always had a man crush on seamus! Hes got to be my favorite evertonion.

I hope so, i see more potential in him than i do in Barkley!

Same! Ive never been so excited over a center back coming through to the first team the way he has! The composure he has and the way the lad defends and starts attacks is just amazing! And just 19! Wow! He's defiantly got a big big future a head of him!

Same goes for Ross tho! He's got the potential to become one of the best attacking midfield players we have seen for a long time! But based on this season hes been inconsistent. Where as stones has come in and looked like he's played CB for us for years!

Ohh and i have to say credit to Moyes for bringing the lad in! Even tho bobby was after him also :)

Edited by coxy051

Bit Harsh Aid, its natural for a fan to follow one of their own and be allowed to feel smug. Stones will be our and englands number one centre half

Yes I thought that was a bit harsh so here goes

You will only keep John stones if you start winning trophies..............period .