IGNORED

John Stones

The only player I can compare him to ability and potential wise at this age is Ferdinand and at a similar age in a market that was nowhere near as inflated and ott as it is today Leeds paid £18.5m then sold him on for £30m, £12m stick it up your arse Jose.

Stones and Shaw are both potentially the best English defenders of the next decade all being well and he's a player we need to keep hold of for a long time fuck selling to these vultures

Edited by EFC-Paul

Tom hopkinson, Sunday people, daily express ex journo. Fuckin nugget.

These southern based media knob heads get right on my tits.

£12m wouldn't pay for a future England captain. Treble it and even then you will be getting told to Fuck off.

The thing that pisses me off is every pundit stating they think he's not quite there yet for England. As soon as he signs for Chelsea he will be a world beater through there top four tinted glasses.

Please god let us get some heavy investment so we no longer are looked upon as the team that bends over and takes it right up the anal passage.

Anyone seen much of Zouma? Just seen him on FM and he develops into a beast! Is he one of those that's physically a freak of nature? Quicker and stronger than everyone, huge leap and crunching tackles? Similar to Micah Richards when he broke into the City team? Maybe not the best distribution wise and prone to the odd lapse of concentration? That's the image I've got of him anyway.

So far, the few games I've seen him play he looks like a 17 year old Micah Richards: error prone and with poor positioning sense.

He is a beast, and he's only 17 and playing with Ligue 1 players, it's only natural his flaws are exposed but he is very strong in the tackle and in the air. He has time to improve, the tools are there.

• 2 weeks later...

So pleased for him and his family.

Well done to Everton for continuing the development of him.

Still think he'll move from Everton but not sure if that will come this or next summer.

Also how many Everton fans are still complaining over signing Stones and not fer

Also how many Everton fans are still complaining over signing Stones and not fer

I'd be surprised if anyone was arsed about signing a young defender and not a midfielder many knew little about!?

You may be right about him leaving one day as most players do but he seems a level headed lad and i'm sure he will know this is by far one of the best places for his development and as hard as it may be to believe we are a big club that players just may want to continue to play for

Edited by EFC-Paul

Don't recall anyone complaining when we signed him but if anyone did you're perfectly at liberty to laugh in their faces!

Lad's been a revelation.

Page 1 or two in this thread.

I'll be honest it was on twitter that people where complaining but every clubs got one of them.

Really hope he plays next season for which every club he's at.

I'd be surprised if anyone was arsed about signing a young defender and not a midfielder many knew little about!?

You may be right about him leaving one day as most players do but he seems a level headed lad and i'm sure he will know this is by far one of the best places for his development and as hard as it may be to believe we are a big club that players just may want to continue to play for

I'd put money on a side like Chelsea going all out for him in another season or two but until that happens I'll enjoy watching him become the player most of us can see destined to become

I agree and that was the talk from Barnsley fans when he moved. Everton was a great move for him rather than a Manchester city who were apparently interested when he made the move or a wigan who made an offer.

everton like Barnsley look to be developing players well. Noticed you had a few in the u20 squad in france and the u17 captain.

Edited by BarnsleyFan

So pleased for him and his family.

Well done to Everton for continuing the development of him.

Still think he'll move from Everton but not sure if that will come this or next summer.

Don't think your giving him the credit he deserves. Doesn't seem a mercenary type of lad to me. Listened to a few interviews and he seems very level headed.

I think K he will want to spend a few years here developing and won't be thinking of moving anywhere for a while yet.