IGNORED

John Stones

Only saw the last 30 minutes of today's match, but was very clear that Stones is constantly getting sucked inside. He doesn't have the natural tendency to hold width as a RB and he's always looking to tuck in and cover. For my money he gave up too much space to their left wing, but as mentioned they were very slow to capitalize. He does better though when it comes to reading play and putting in challenges as the ball arrives.

Thought he did OK though....not out of his depth, just out of position!

TV commentator reckoned he looked tired. I didn't notice it myself until then....4 games into the season and still not match fit?

The game changed when Jags came on, he really looked fired up and looked more like his old self.

Thought he did quite well, all things considered. Composed, assured, adventurous, good all round performance :)

He was easily turned, sloppy in possession and didn't offer himself to attacking players (first half) too.

Although, remembering his better position is CB and generally is good at all the above, i'll let him off.

He was easily turned, sloppy in possession and didn't offer himself to attacking players (first half) too.

Although, remembering his better position is CB and generally is good at all the above, i'll let him off.

dont agree with either of them mate, I'd even be sceptical about the easily turned point but that happened a few times when he ventured forward.

I wasnt sayin he excelled, just playing out of position he did a sound job

• 4 weeks later...