IGNORED

John Stones

Absolutely brilliant. What Roberto Martinez has done is amazing. New contracts for Baines, Coleman, Barkley, and Stones. Bringing in Lukaku and Besic. Getting Galloway and (eventually) Henen for the future. This club is in a very good state.

Only fair to include Barry in this too.

• 4 weeks later...

In all fairness I don't think Distin did too much wrong, wasn't brilliant but was having to play next to Jags who had his worst game I have seen in an Everton shirt. Think Stones is a better partner for Distin than Jags but really can't see Martinez, the type of manager he is dropping Jags. Would be too much like blaming him for the six let in and Martinez for me is all about building Morale and team spirit.

he gave 2 very similar goals away pre season trying to dribble past an attacker when he was the last man.

Ok, but that was preseason and Besic wasn't trying to dribble past anyone. I just don't get the Besic reference at all.

Or do you mean Stones was trying to be too clever? If thats what you mean I agree somewhat, but all players will do that especially when they're young.

I wouldnt hold Stones' preseason against him. One of the times he was caught in possession was due to a shocking pass leaving him very little options. He is normally much sharper than that and whilst he will make the odd mistakes, Jags is making more than that at the moment and his place in the team isnt justified. It's difficult for Martinez due to Jags being the captain but he needs to make a change and at the very least let Jags get his shit together.