IGNORED

John Stones

We paid Barnsley £500,000 up front, although the deal will be worth more with subsequent appearances and will total up to two or three million pounds eventually. That's what I can ascertain from the deal. I'm not entirely pleased with it, in that this was the only name we could bring in after some early promise and expectations.

It was revealed at a Q&A meeting between Barnsley supporters and the owner and also the CEO of Barnsley football club

that quote " Everton football club paid £2.2 million for John stones "

BARGAIN OF THE CENTURY

It was revealed at a Q&A meeting between Barnsley supporters and the owner and also the CEO of Barnsley football club

that quote " Everton football club paid £2.2 million for John stones "

BARGAIN OF THE CENTURY

He is a bargain indeed. Hopefully he maintains his focus, the way he plays football he is going to have the odd blooper but he's on route to being the best young defender around.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

and they are on a transfer ban. best they could do is buy him and loan him to us until the ban is lifted. they are going to try and do that with jerome boatang from bayern.

if they're under a ban, how could they buy and then loan?

:P

it's something i read. it's a transfer ban, they can't have players coming in. so they buy someone and immediately loan them. no one came in, but they are on the books for when it's over. a way to circumvent the ban and still build the roster.

then it's not a ban on transfers, that's 2 for 1 player!

Can't believe that's the case, would be interested to see where you read that

then it's not a ban on transfers, that's 2 for 1 player!

Can't believe that's the case, would be interested to see where you read that

The last thing I heard was that they can actually sign any player they want, they just can't register them as Barca players until 2016. So I'm not sure how what the article Mark has posted would work, because Boateng would have to be registered as a Barca player first and then loaned out... it's a weird one!

The last thing I heard was that they can actually sign any player they want, they just can't register them as Barca players until 2016. So I'm not sure how what the article Mark has posted would work, because Boateng would have to be registered as a Barca player first and then loaned out... it's a weird one!

I should've known better. Of course a transfer ban doesn't mean you can't still transfer players :doh:

I was thinking the same thing myself. He makes quite a lot of mistakes still, which is understandable at his age, so lets allow him to develop rather than talk about him like he's already made it.

It seems that he reserves a daft mistake for games after he has had positive soundbites.

I actually think he can be a 100+ cap England player and captain but he is at a stage where he needs to be allowed to develop and lets keep him off the "Man city to bid £25m for Stones" radar.

• 2 weeks later...

The more I watch him the more convinced I am that he's the best player I've ever seen playing for Everton (bearing in mind I'm 24 so never saw the great side of the 60s and 80s). Everything is so easy for him - he just glides through games without breaking a sweat. Magnificent player and at 20, it's scary to think the level he'll be at in 5/6 years. Hopefully he'll still be here for us to enjoy.