IGNORED

John Stones

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry lads, if the bid is formal unfortunately I can't see them letting this go. This is Chelsea and I'd imagine City will jump on this. Too good an oportunity for Stones. I'd expect him to go before the window shuts. £35m

Edited by MC11

Great starting point for the bidding though. Shows how high they value him to start that high. Love stones but he's not an evertonian, from Barnsley and who knows where before that, I could see him going and accepting a move once the money starts getting higher.

That isn't a great starting bid Mark - its less than 50% the realistic starting value based on the Sterling sale. For me they are trying it on and I would love for us not to sell him.

On this occasion you're talking through your hoop.

Lets wait and see eh.

We never budged with Baines and Fellliani was going nowhere iuntil he handed a request in. We don't need to sell him and his stock is only going to rise. He'll be worth more next season as he develops .

We hold ALL the cards here. It's not like the Rooney sale where we had no choice because we were about to go under or like he's 29 or running his contract down. He's just signed a 5 year deal, he's 21 and we have money so don't need to sell and don't want to sell. Stones seems happy here and level headed.

We can call all the shots here fuck Chelsea and their money he's ours and we're in a prime position to dictate to them.

If any of these clubs are serious about buying him there is a simple response "we think he is a better player and a better prospect than Stirling so we want more money for him. Start your bidding at £60m or don't come back".

We don't need to sell him, has a long contract. £35m is no good to us in this market.

Lets wait and see eh.

We never budged with Baines and Fellliani was going nowhere iuntil he handed a request in. We don't need to sell him and his stock is only going to rise. He'll be worth more next season as he develops .

We hold ALL the cards here. It's not like the Rooney sale where we had no choice because we were about to go under or like he's 29 or running his contract down. He's just signed a 5 year deal, he's 21 and we have money so don't need to sell and don't want to sell. Stones seems happy here and level headed.

We can call all the shots here fuck Chelsea and their money he's ours and we're in a prime position to dictate to them.

I'd agree but we are talking about the financial powerhouse that is Chelsea here a stable club with possibly the best manager still in the game. I think this could be more to do with Stones getting his head turned than us stamping our feet (which I don't think we'll do should a large offer come in). I can't see Mourinho offering over £35m not can I see our board rejecting it. If Chelsea really want him he's as good as gone.

I'm glad the opening bid was as disrespectful as it is, surely Stones can see we value him far higher than that so hopefully that will go in our favour. I can't see him handing a transfer request in so as long the bids are below 40 million we shouldn't even consider selling him.

I'd agree but we are talking about the financial powerhouse that is Chelsea here a stable club with possibly the best manager still in the game. I think this could be more to do with Stones getting his head turned than us stamping our feet (which I don't think we'll do should a large offer come in). I can't see Mourinho offering over £35m not can I see our board rejecting it. If Chelsea really want him he's as good as gone.

exactly. we may think he's worth 60m, but the board doesn't have the testicular fortitude to hold out for that much.

And it was United after Baines, arguably a bigger club than Chelsea. We didn't sell. It doesn't matter who the club is if we don't need to sell and the player doesn't push he stays it's that simple really.

Suarez with Liverpool is a prime example and he stamped his feet to go.

If any of these clubs are serious about buying him there is a simple response "we think he is a better player and a better prospect than Stirling so we want more money for him. Start your bidding at £60m or don't come back".

We don't need to sell him, has a long contract. £35m is no good to us in this market.

Smart move to extend his contract.

It was most definitely Woodward at United. His first summer of transfer activity for the club and was overly cautious with the money. He couldn't get some deals done either, which didn't help Moyes. Since then the board obviously took note of the share prices and realised the poor performances couldn't go on, so gave Woodward in his second year, the green light to spend whatever it took.

United are building a crappy version of the Galaticos. Ferguson must be sitting there, watching all his hardworking just wash away.