IGNORED

John Stones

I think he is trying to keep his head down and just work. But it's not going his way at the moment.

Sometimes you try to hard to make it look like are focused that mistakes happen.

Look at Ross last year. He tried so hard to make a difference that his desicions making suffered for it.

Give him time and he will either come good or we will make a killing on him.

What I don't like is that he has been culpable for the same type of mistake more than once and looks around ready to point the finger.... "wrong mate" - think back to 12 months ago, you would not dared have the arrogance to do that.

I can accept mistakes as part of a learning process, I won't watch someone look top blame someone else.

Head down, train hard, focus and forget joining other clubs - if you do those mistakes at Chelsea and you get roasted and benched.

What I don't like is that he has been culpable for the same type of mistake more than once and looks around ready to point the finger.... "wrong mate" - think back to 12 months ago, you would not dared have the arrogance to do that.

Like I said in the matchday thread, he blamed Coleman for one of his fuck ups at the weekend. It did my head in.

Like I said in the matchday thread, he blamed Coleman for one of his fuck ups at the weekend. It did my head in.

Think he's got a strong personality has John, which is good but not at the expense of taking accountability.

Its as clear as day to me that we need this Roy Keane character in the team who will not only act as a "confidence minder" to the likes of Gerry and Barkley - but will also get in the faces of the likes of Rom and Stones who are evidently in need of being told some home truths every now and then.

To be fair Rom seems to be on an upward curve in terms of effort and attitude, but along with the like of Mirallas and Stones we do seem to have a few glory boys with hightened egos.

Keane was a master of dealing with surly players. I actually think its why united were so strong.

Matt you're fine were on an Internet forum I'm not offended. Maybe you're right, time will tell. For me a bargain is Coleman, Ross Barkley, Gerry, players that cost little and offer value many many many many times over that. But that's me. Buying for 28 and selling for 40 isn't bargain that's standard business and how we should expect deals. But maybe I hold us to too high a standard. Wenger and levy always get too dollar for their players but you're right maybe the finances of those clubs has more to do with that.

Missed this, sorry Mark!

My definition of a bargain is less money and more return of investment. In that sense, a Coleman is just as much a bargain as McCarthy is to me, because of their value to the team and not what they cost to bring in. Transfer fees are meaningless when assessing a player and that players impact on a team. In terms of pure finance, of course those you mention are bargains. But a player is much more that a transfer fee.

As for getting top dollar, one of the things even the staunchest anti-board people would say we're one of the best negotiators when selling players.

I thought he was playing quite well till he got injured, maybe he was rushed back, in the games since he has returned he certainly has made mistakes and looks off the pace.

It won't have helped now Jags is injured and he has to get used to playing with Mori, one of them will have to step up and be a leader and that's probably stones so another new situation.

Edited by captainbeaker

Stones is having a slump, yet he is still playing better than all the players in his position in the England team. He's playing better than both of City and Arsenals defenders at the moment too. Would anyone take any of Spurs or Liverpools centre halfs instead of him?

The lad is a kid, hes had a very tough start to the season and is playing with a partner who is getting used to playing with. Give him a break, the lad is one of the best talents we have had in god knows how long. I want him to stay as long as possible!

Stones is having a slump, yet he is still playing better than all the players in his position in the England team. He's playing better than both of City and Arsenals defenders at the moment too. Would anyone take any of Spurs or Liverpools centre halfs instead of him?

The lad is a kid, hes had a very tough start to the season and is playing with a partner who is getting used to playing with. Give him a break, the lad is one of the best talents we have had in god knows how long. I want him to stay as long as possible!

Wouldn't swap him for anyone.

He's not really playing badly, just a few mistakes creeping in...which is to be expected really. Your right though, he still looks better than 99% of the premierships defenders.

Surprised the name Phil Jones hasn't crept in there also.

I'm not completely adverse to a centre half playing as a full back - Lescott showed that it can be done, but for me its not ideal.

Full backs need to be whippet-like work horses, they need to have the ability to cover the first 5-10 yards very quick. Stones is very mobile but I wouldn't say he has the capacity to contain someone like Deulofeu. A good pacey winger would stop, draw him in and have a race over 10 yards to the byline and that ain't right.

More to the point - why would you not play Stones as a centre half?

For me its walker or clyne all day.

Clyne for RB.

You have England's best and most talented Centre Back and he wants to play him out of position. The guy is a complete and utter twat.

If ANYTHING, it should be Smalling and Stones.

For me, playing for England, you have to be the best player at your club, in your position, just to get recognised by the international set-up.

Versatility players in an international set-up are a major cop out and they can jeopardise a position within the squad, that a younger, more promising youngster should have, just because he (versatile player) can play there.

E.G. Jones being capable (and not mastering) CB, RB and CDM, means that England could potentially be losing a squad position for someone who should be claiming that spot. You play him in a position, because that's his role.

The starting 11 for your country should be the best players, of that countries' origin, who master just one position. Bar none.

Hodgson is a ball bag, who has less footballing management credentials than me.

Full backs need to be whippet-like work horses, they need to have the ability to cover the first 5-10 yards very quick. Stones is very mobile but I wouldn't say he has the capacity to contain someone like Deulofeu. A good pacey winger would stop, draw him in and have a race over 10 yards to the byline and that ain't right.

And destroy his confidence in the mean time.

Wingers would tear him apart.

For the sake of the player and Everton, i'd withdraw him. For coaching him like a c*nt.

meanwhile Jessie Lingard gets called up.... I wonder if Roy will berate him from the touchline and tell him that he has Jordan Henderson and Fabian Delph to contend with like he has done with Barkley.

I do not want to see this clown manage England any more. Its difficult enough to watch international snail paced games without that buffoon managing.

Redknapp or Hoddle would have been the ideal manager for the likes of Stones and Ross.

Clyne for RB.

You have England's best and most talented Centre Back and he wants to play him out of position. The guy is a complete and utter twat.

For me, playing for England, you have to be the best player at your club, in your position, just to get recognised by the international set-up.

Versatility players in an international set-up are a major cop out and they can jeopardise a position within the squad, that a younger, more promising youngster should have, just because he (versatile player) can play there.

E.G. Jones being capable (and not mastering) CB, RB and CDM, means that England could potentially be losing a squad position for someone who should be claiming that spot. You play him in a position, because that's his role.

The starting 11 for your country should be the best players, of that countries' origin, who master just one position. Bar none.

Hod

Clyne for RB.

Hodgson has got form in playing players out of position. He told Vardy that he can't guarantee him his position as the front striker but then plays him out of position on the wing. One day in the (not too distant) future, I expect to see an England team where all ten outfield players are playing 'out of position'. Could confuse the opposition.

Hod

Hodgson has got form in playing players out of position. He told Vardy that he can't guarantee him his position as the front striker but then plays him out of position on the wing. One day in the (not too distant) future, I expect to see an England team where all ten outfield players are playing 'out of position'. Could confuse the opposition.

He smacks of a manager who has insecurities - some times in football you have to accept that the man on the street could pick a good first 11 and get a top result from the game. The reason for this is that it isn't too difficult to identify the best player in each position - its kinda common knowledge,

Hodgson just has to try and be clever doesn't he to justify his position. Moyes did this from time to time and certainly alot of the time at Man United.