IGNORED

John Stones

He's been average at best this season, Chelsea game aside. Mostly below if you compare him to last seasons performances. Him and jags have gone unnoticed thanks to Howard being awful.

Barry was a fan favourite one season, dreadful the next, and now back to getting plaudits. We don't scape goat, fair critism is due. Sad that we give the English players more leeway.

sorry but too many star struck teenagers on here... the golden boys get some criticism and its like some 40 something dad has told his 15 year old daughter that Harry Styles needs a haircut - get over it. If was Ed Sheeran you wouldn't get so touchy.

No not really.

Every player gets critics. No problem. Buts it's all the arrogant stuff, too big for his boots, wants to move etc.

It's the same as last year with Lukaku (for you personally, it follows the same pattern...you criticise, make an assumption on personality, refer to another player in a 'if it was...' scenario, then refer to your own playing days as if this actually backs it all up!!!)

He makes a mistake, fair enough. But then gets a barrage for it. The criticism isn't balanced in my view.

He's a defender who is amongst the top in the league for full on blocks made...as in throwing himself in to block shots...but no, he's arrogant and thinks he's too big for the club?! I wonder how many of his mistakes have lead to a goal and how many of his blocks have stopped a goal?

I'm not trying to argue. I just think some of you guys tend to hone in on one player and rag the shit out of it.

Each to their own I guess.

No not really.

Every player gets critics. No problem. Buts it's all the arrogant stuff, too big for his boots, wants to move etc.

It's the same as last year with Lukaku (for you personally, it follows the same pattern...you criticise, make an assumption on personality, refer to another player in a 'if it was...' scenario, then refer to your own playing days as if this actually backs it all up!!!)

He makes a mistake, fair enough. But then gets a barrage for it. The criticism isn't balanced in my view.

He's a defender who is amongst the top in the league for full on blocks made...as in throwing himself in to block shots...but no, he's arrogant and thinks he's too big for the club?! I wonder how many of his mistakes have lead to a goal and how many of his blocks have stopped a goal?

I'm not trying to argue. I just think some of you guys tend to hone in on one player and rag the shit out of it.

Each to their own I guess.

Yeah maybe I should forget comparing my experiences as an amateur footballer, it's not like we are human beings who play the same game with the same rules is it... and have similar behaviours?

Makes me laugh all this elitist bullshit, maybe that's where you go wrong newty, you put certain players on a pedestal.

Where the fuck has this lukaku is the new stones come from? Is there a rule that I'm missing where it's only ok to slate howard, osman, mcgeady, kone? Give your head a wobble and stop fawning over players and getting offended when they are criticised. It's a forum, if players do the business they get praised, if they don't they get slated. It's kind of how it works. Stones put in a request, his behaviour and decisions have been very cocky and yes arrogant... you not seen him ballsing up and blaming others?

You worried that they may read toffeetalk and walk or something? Feel free to pop into the kone thread, he could do with some defending.

Edited by Hafnia

Yeah maybe I should forget comparing my experiences as an amateur footballer, it's not like we are human beings who play the same game with the same rules is it... and have similar behaviours?

Makes me laugh all this elitist bullshit, maybe that's where you go wrong newty, you put certain players on a pedestal.

Where the fuck has this lukaku is the new stones come from? Is there a rule that I'm missing where it's only ok to slate howard, osman, mcgeady, kone? Give your head a wobble and stop fawning over players and getting offended when they are criticised. It's a forum, if players do the business they get praised, if they don't they get slated. It's kind of how it works. Stones put in a request, his behaviour and decisions have been very cocky and yes arrogant... you not seen him ballsing up and blaming others?

You worried that they may read toffeetalk and walk or something? Feel free to pop into the kone thread, he could do with some defending.

Hahaha...how come you're getting so angry?!! What's up?!! Blimey!!!

My comments were not aimed solely at you. But you seem to have taken them that way...which is a shame, I feel.

Let me just peacefully and calmly defend myself against some of your comments...

The 'elitist bullshit' part...I've no idea what the elitist bullshit is? And I definately don't put any players on a pedestal. I've said several times I have no set favourites. I enjoy watching games with an open view rather than looking for any particular player. So I've no idea where that comes from.

'Lukaku is the new stones'...no idea. I've never said that. Ok..I'm being a pedantic smart arse! 'Stones is the new Lukaku'...last season the long debate was about Lukaku. We all know what went off there. So far this season, it's Stones. Again, for the rest of that I've no idea what your going on about. I don't fawn over players and I can 100% personally guarantee that I am not offended when a player gets criticised. So no head wobbling needed here.

And the last paragraph...again, just reads like am aimless, angry rant.

Are you ok these days Haf? Or maybe I've just never had the pleasure of your hair dryer treatment!!! It's a new experience...certainly wakes you up after a warm train journey home!!!

Hahaha...how come you're getting so angry?!! What's up?!! Blimey!!!

My comments were not aimed solely at you. But you seem to have taken them that way...which is a shame, I feel.

Let me just peacefully and calmly defend myself against some of your comments...

The 'elitist bullshit' part...I've no idea what the elitist bullshit is? And I definately don't put any players on a pedestal. I've said several times I have no set favourites. I enjoy watching games with an open view rather than looking for any particular player. So I've no idea where that comes from.

'Lukaku is the new stones'...no idea. I've never said that. Ok..I'm being a pedantic smart arse! 'Stones is the new Lukaku'...last season the long debate was about Lukaku. We all know what went off there. So far this season, it's Stones. Again, for the rest of that I've no idea what your going on about. I don't fawn over players and I can 100% personally guarantee that I am not offended when a player gets criticised. So no head wobbling needed here.

And the last paragraph...again, just reads like am aimless, angry rant.

Are you ok these days Haf? Or maybe I've just never had the pleasure of your hair dryer treatment!!! It's a new experience...certainly wakes you up after a warm train journey home!!!

I'm absolutely fine, watching postman pat with my son. Don't need to try the softly "oops that escalated quickly" approach.

The post may have been terse but it is what it is. For some reason it appears too many get offended by some having the audacity to call out the "unquestionables"... quite a common behaviour I find. It seems it not just roberto who has his favourites.

I'm absolutely fine, watching postman pat with my son. Don't need to try the softly "oops that escalated quickly" approach.

The post may have been terse but it is what it is. For some reason it appears too many get offended by some having the audacity to call out the "unquestionables"... quite a common behaviour I find. It seems it not just roberto who has his favourites.

Trust me, it wasn't a softly 'oops that escalated quickly' approach...it was a bemused 'What the fuck is he on about' approach.

Shit happens.

He's a bastard that Pat.