IGNORED

John Stones

Yeah Stones has been shit this season.

He would still walk into probably any team in the country apart from maybe Spurs at the moment. City, Chelsea, Arsenal, Liverpool, United, any of them would play him tomorrow if they could.

10/10 for sensationalism Steve.... I think the fact that we mostly rate him as a 50m player says we don't think he's shit...

His decision making, uneccessary over elaborating and finger pointing at other players has indicated a player who has got a little too big for his boots...

10/10 for sensationalism Steve.... I think the fact that we mostly rate him as a 50m player says we don't think he's shit...

His decision making, uneccessary over elaborating and finger pointing at other players has indicated a player who has got a little too big for his boots...

No sensationalism there for me, I think it's unarguable.

He's 21 , had his head turned by Chelsea, come back from injury, lost an experienced cb partner to be in a partnership with another young and inexperienced player and is playing against the likes of Aguero et al. There are lots to consider which is why people defend him when his own "supporters" seem to have started to turn on him. Regardless of his nationality the level he is playing at at such a young age is exciting, such is our nation that people would rather see him bomb than go on to be a World class England player, fans of other clubs waiting for him to make a mistake so they can state how shit he is, no doubt a lot of Everton fans will be same if he does move on seen as some have started already.

No sensationalism there for me, I think it's unarguable.

Has anyone said stones has been shit this season? I don't think so unless I've missed it.

People have called into question elements of his play which are causing concern... going to ground in the box on a few occasions, dribbling in 6 yard box and yes unless anyone else has missed it a tendency to bollocks others when really he should be getting his own shit in order.

No one is disputing his qualities. They are questioning where his head is at..

He's 21 , had his head turned by Chelsea, come back from injury, lost an experienced cb partner to be in a partnership with another young and inexperienced player and is playing against the likes of Aguero et al. There are lots to consider which is why people defend him when his own "supporters" seem to have started to turn on him. Regardless of his nationality the level he is playing at at such a young age is exciting, such is our nation that people would rather see him bomb than go on to be a World class England player, fans of other clubs waiting for him to make a mistake so they can state how shit he is, no doubt a lot of Everton fans will be same if he does move on seen as some have started already.

No one has "turned on him"... criticising elements of a good players game isn't turning on him. It's highlighting things he should do better...

Has anyone said stones has been shit this season? I don't think so unless I've missed it.

People have called into question elements of his play which are causing concern... going to ground in the box on a few occasions, dribbling in 6 yard box and yes unless anyone else has missed it a tendency to bollocks others when really he should be getting his own shit in order.

No one is disputing his qualities. They are questioning where his head is at..

I was just questioning your use of the word "sensationalism" Haf, nothing more so I'm not quite sure of the point of that response. It didn't address what I said at all :huh:.

StevO's opening line was plainly ironic.

Didn't Martinez say in an interview recently that he encourages youngsters like Stones to just play how they naturally play and encourages their mistakes as a learning curve? Something around that anyway?

Anyway, I see Stones taking a couple of risks and understand why, if Martinez is allowing him to express himself and learn from it. And I understand Martinez point of view that youngsters like him will only learn from their mistakes and become better for it...although I see that as a bit risky and wonder where the line is drawn?

Either way, Stones does take risks and has made errors. The now infamous 6 yard dribble was edgey and heart stopping, but it led to a free kick for us. The inbox tackle vs city was daft, but lead to nothing. Equally, I've seen him do plenty of well timed blocks and saving tackles in and around our box. I've also seen him dribble the ball out past 2 or 3 players, turning defense into attack. And these moments are awesome. But you can't have one without the other.

And if he is bollocking other players, which I've not noticed tbh, then good. Because, just like with Besic, plenty of us have been crying out for someone to bollock the players.

Like every player and person, he has faults. But overall he's a good package.

No one has "turned on him"... criticising elements of a good players game isn't turning on him. It's highlighting things he should do better...

I've seen people slating him saying he's big headed, videos of him getting abused at service stations, a post on here saying he's been shit?! also people over reacting on things that "might" have happened but didnt such as the dribble in 6 yarder which was successful, the tackle other day he got away with (karma really as he got the ball against stoke.)

You've played football yourself, so you know that when you mess up you know that more than anyone in world, he'll know that diving in against stoke and man city was silly/risky, I've played with people who have spent years diving in and never learnt despite getting a bollocking every time they've given a pen away! I'm confident Stones will get there but that's part of his development.

Bottom line for me is It's majority positive factors that people forget he's 21, but people need to remember he's 21!

I was just questioning your use of the word "sensationalism" Haf, nothing more so I'm not quite sure of the point of that response. It didn't address what I said at all :huh:.

StevO's opening line was plainly ironic.

Not how I read into it. Criticism of stones has been sensationalised into people think he is shit... which clearly isn't accurate. That was my take anyhow.

If Martinez says he encourages young players to play as they naturally play and encourages their mistakes as a learning curve, then I hope the consultant surgeon at my next operation doesn't have the same philosophy with his trainee surgeons. :rofl:

Haha...be afraid, be very afraid!!!

(Don't take my word as exact!!!)

I think it's pretty much done and dusted he'll be off in the summer. Martinez has all but said that anyway. Saying it will be difficult to keep him

It will be a tough task to keep him but I wouldn't say its done and dusted at all, In fact Martinez has stated publicly that the exact opposite is true i.e that there is definitely no agreement to let him go, why else would they be offering him a new contract?

At the end of the day if he does go it will be for top dollar and it will be on Evertons terms

I love how the media keep spinning this to make it sound like we were lucky to keep him. Facts are, he's contracted to us, we don't need to sell and if we're ever to advance we need to keep our outstanding players.

Big learning year for John this season, he's only going to get better. Give him that new contract with a ridiculous release clause and just enjoy watching him.

Yes maybe I exaggerated my comment. But I'm frustrated big time reading people on here saying Stones is dribbling and making slide tackles because he doesn't give a shit and wants to leave. Its absolute bollocks. He might want to, but when the game starts you are focused on the intensity of an elite level sport, no one will have the mental capacity to not only deal with that but think about a transfer in each decision. its ridiculous.

Yes maybe I exaggerated my comment. But I'm frustrated big time reading people on here saying Stones is dribbling and making slide tackles because he doesn't give a shit and wants to leave. Its absolute bollocks. He might want to, but when the game starts you are focused on the intensity of an elite level sport, no one will have the mental capacity to not only deal with that but think about a transfer in each decision. its ridiculous.

If he did think that way no other club would touch him with a barge pole

This fella is a liability as of late his passing is dreadful and he takes unnecessary risks constantly and I personally believe that he is responsible for both of our goals conceded today I hope he gets dropped for Wednesdays match... And can't wait to pick up some money for him in the summer

I know people are pissed off with him, but honestly come on. If we sold every player who had a bad half season we'd be without Barkley, Lukaku, McCarthy, Barry, Mirallas.... I'm not going to call it knee-jerk because it's been all season so far, but some are ignoring the good he does too. Presumably because "well, that's his job".

The lad is learning, last season he was the gem in a shite team, this season he's the liability. I still wouldn't sell him for the reasons I defended Rom for last season and Ross too; he is a kid with extraordinary talent and is going to make mistakes as he goes. Yes, it's costing us points just as some of Rom's performances or Ross's have cost us points by not scoring or assisting.

It's all part of his development and it's down to his manager to get it sorted.