IGNORED

John Stones

Phil Jones in midfield!!! Enough said!!!

Phil jones is to Roy Hodgson what Phil Neville was to David Moyes.

Rumour has it that David Moyes youth policy was to have a Phil Neville breeding quarters in finch farm, Phil used to tweet "carpe diem" under fizzer18 upon waking... it soon became "balls deep' under Jizzer2000

Edited by Hafnia

Mistakes the same ones that Smalling Jones Cahill and co constantly make, Hodgson is a tit if the highest order at times very much like a teacher who has his star pupils and barates the rest

We all know Stones as with any player made and makes mistakes but for me Martinez is as much to blame, lourding him as a gifted non typical ball playing CB he makes a few mistakes and then hangs him out to dry

Mori has been great don't get me wrong and I'm far from defending Stones but he's young learning his trade in a position that maturity and experience generally improves a player and for me he's been poorly man managed by Martinez

At least twice in the first half, Stones lived up (more like down) to his reputation for fannying about. Got away with it, but not in the second half. Really looks silly when he does that. Hodgson visibly angry, as he should be.

He slipped, it happens. It didn't lead directly to the goal, Danny Rose's hand-ball did.

That's what I'd be annoyed about if I was Hodgson.

Two perfect balls. The second should have been am assist too. Looks easy when he plays like that.

That's what I mean. He can be so good (he's anything but over rated), but then in the next breath you want to cover your eyes because of him.

The biggest mistake he could make is leaving us this summer IMO. As much criticism as he's taken for his mistakes with us this season he'll get absolutely mauled at another club. It won't do him any good whatsoever. He can grow with us.

That's what I mean. He can be so good (he's anything but over rated), but then in the next breath you want to cover your eyes because of him.

The biggest mistake he could make is leaving us this summer IMO. As much criticism as he's taken for his mistakes with us this season he'll get absolutely mauled at another club. It won't do him any good whatsoever. He can grow with us.

Agree, he will be a big talent.

Couple of moments tonight but overall he has looked very good.

3 Everton players on the pitch for England now.

Too big for his boots. Nowhere near as good as made out. Yes, John I've seen you can take a couple of players on once or twice, was exciting and refreshing at first now I'm bored. A defender who can't really defend.

Unfounded, he's a skillful player so you assume he's an arrogant kid?! Nonsense.

Unfounded, he's a skillful player so you assume he's an arrogant kid?! Nonsense.

I don't even think thats debatable. Huge air of arrogance around him. His stock has also fell massively with all the mistakes he's made.

He slipped, it happens. It didn't lead directly to the goal, Danny Rose's hand-ball did.

That's what I'd be annoyed about if I was Hodgson.

No Mike he was last man and tried to dribble his way out. Unfortunately he's put his team mates under pressure again. Seen it far too often this season. The guy either needs to go back to basics or go.

Not for the first time we have seen him faced with an onrushing attacker as last man and he decides to "play"...

Spurs he got away with... the ref blew a foul that wasn't there.

He put howard in trouble with a hospital ball that he gave a penno away for after deciding not to clear.

He has got to learn. He's coming across as either stupid or arrogant.

He's just not a good defender i think its that simple, he's good on the ball and can pass but defensively he's poor. We've seen it for 2 seasons now with the odd good game. He has been lucky to get away with some decisions he's made and it has looked great on camera which has led to the 'world class' label but he is far from that, at present he is border line Premier League quality.

I think if he played for any other club all Everton fans would be saying the same.

It may well be that he needs to be a DM... on the ball he is very good, he has a good stride on him, a good eye for a pass. He may well be a top quality centre half eventually but why does he keep taking chances as a last man???

He has had far too much attention and he has believed the hype - I said after the spurs game that opponents will now rush him, he may well look good on the occasions he drops his shoulder and strides away but at least once he will get caught and it will result in a goal or a big chance and it has on two occasions since.

He's lost his cloak of "composure" - it now looks like he's a gambler. Making a mistake is ok, making the same one again isn't. He is a bit too obsessed with his style, at the moment its style over substance and his stock has dropped dramatically despite having moments of proper quality.