IGNORED

John Stones

That's far too much money to turn down.

"If we had Jags, Mori and Galloway as back up and we had £100m to spend in the summer - would you be happy if we spent £60m on stones?"

My answer is "no chance" - spend £15-£20m on a top quality stopper and use the money to buy a left mid, playmaker and CM.

I still think stones will be quality but I think Mori is going to be way better than any of us expected. A solid manager and he could be everything stones is supposed to be plus he has goals. I'd like to keep stones but won't be upset if he leaves. I do think one veteran backup CB to rotate would be good though.

A change of manager, should it happen, and we could see Stones potential come to fruition here. I'd love to finally see that happen with one of our players.

This for me also

I've previously said my thoughts on how I think he's been poorly man managed by Martinez, look at how well Bilic has handled Reece Oxford who's not half as talented.

• 2 weeks later...

looks like forum member john stones dad was right, should have accepted the chelsea money. he will go for less now. RM has ruined him.

imthink the only way to keep Stones and Lukaku now is to sack Martinez early and get in someone that'll coach them and the others with some inspiration l, discipline ans passion.

when i played and a player pulled that we called them "vaginal cramps". the boy needs to find a pair of cojones, because he is lacking them currently.

maybe it's his balls being reabsorbed into his body. That'd be rough, have some compassion!

imthink the only way to keep Stones and Lukaku now is to sack Martinez early and get in someone that'll coach them and the others with some inspiration l, discipline ans passion.

I think you may be right. We need a manager to come in with a reputation of success that gets the players fired up. I have no hope that we'll keep our up-and-coming stars otherwise. Bobby has been too easy on these players.