IGNORED

John Stones

It may well be that he needs to be a DM... on the ball he is very good, he has a good stride on him, a good eye for a pass. He may well be a top quality centre half eventually but why does he keep taking chances as a last man???

He has had far too much attention and he has believed the hype - I said after the spurs game that opponents will now rush him, he may well look good on the occasions he drops his shoulder and strides away but at least once he will get caught and it will result in a goal or a big chance and it has on two occasions since.

He's lost his cloak of "composure" - it now looks like he's a gambler. Making a mistake is ok, making the same one again isn't. He is a bit too obsessed with his style, at the moment its style over substance and his stock has dropped dramatically despite having moments of proper quality.

Spot on haf. The Barry replacement might suit him. Can spot a pass and good on the ball.

That's what I mean. He can be so good (he's anything but over rated), but then in the next breath you want to cover your eyes because of him.

The biggest mistake he could make is leaving us this summer IMO. As much criticism as he's taken for his mistakes with us this season he'll get absolutely mauled at another club. It won't do him any good whatsoever. He can grow with us.

Not sure about the last bit. Don't get me wrong, I'd love him to stay, but I'm not convinced that playing under Martinez is good for him.

I don't want him any longer. A complete new chapter for the club is what we need, I read somewhere from an "ITK" that Moshiri is in "full control" of the running despite the 49.9% ownership.

Lets hope so. Someone who actually understands what it takes to be successful.

I don't want him any longer. A complete new chapter for the club is what we need, I read somewhere from an "ITK" that Moshiri is in "full control" of the running despite the 49.9% ownership.

That makes sense because I know I wouldn't want to be the sole investor throwing millions into a club but having no control over it

I don't even think thats debatable. Huge air of arrogance around him. His stock has also fell massively with all the mistakes he's made.

No Mike he was last man and tried to dribble his way out. Unfortunately he's put his team mates under pressure again. Seen it far too often this season. The guy either needs to go back to basics or go.

I think that is a load of bollocks. Have you seen the things he does for kids in the community? Visiting sick kids and being a patron of numerous charities? Does that strike you as someone who is arrogant? Every time I see him walk he seems a genuine young lad who unfortunately is living a different world to the rest of us. He is having a bad patch, granted I wasn't happy he put a transfer request but he won't be the first or last player to either make a mistake or be badly advised. What disappoints me is that u can hear the crowd waiting for him to make a mistake so they can have a go at him. That's not being a supporter! We are Everton nothing but the best is good enough! This lad will be the best but unfortunately it won't be in our shirt because he will be hounded out by pricks that don't know talent if it was staring them in the face

Not so many moons ago most thought that Stones could walk on water. A stupid error on either his or his agent's part (transfer request) and a few below par games and the knives are out.

What a pathetic bunch of arrogant pricks some are. All this 'I could see two years ago that he was crap' shit and many are only too willing to re-watch every game he played to find an error in order to say "I told you so'.

The lad ('cos that's what he is) has had his world collapse around him and he will eventually be stronger for it but he needs support not a crowd baying for his head. I wonder if there's an element of 'Tall Poppy Syndrome' around Goodison, where because some people are so angry that their lives are so shit will take any opportunity to make other's lives as shit as theirs? And the taller the poppy, the more they want it cut down.

Players do not ever, I mean ever, become bad players overnight and deserve the wrath of the great unwashed. Sure, they lose form or confidence or have to change the way they have been encouraged to play because a new manager has new and different ideas but they are still good players.

I honestly feel that Stones has 'new manager syndrome' and is uncomfortable with the new setup. That may or may not change any time soon but until Stones gets his mojo back he needs support, not bollockings from a hostile crowd. FFS folks get off the lad's back because if he's forced out we'll get to see him excel in another shirt and still be England's captain.

Move on people, there are far more things to be concerned about right now than an early hiccup in what will be an exemplarary career. I just hope it's with us because if the fans get on his back too much, he will move. And we will regret it for a long time.

Largely agree with you, apart from the 'new manager syndrome' bit as he never played under the old one.

Players do not ever, I mean ever, become bad players overnight and deserve the wrath of the great unwashed. Sure, they lose form or confidence or have to change the way they have been encouraged to play because a new manager has new and different ideas but they are still good players.

I honestly feel that Stones has 'new manager syndrome' and is uncomfortable with the new setup.

I meant Martinez's idea of being a new manager, as during his first season he played it much as Moyes had done. I think Stones among others is just a victim of Martinez's total change of formation and tactics. Sorry if I confused everyone.

Not so many moons ago most thought that Stones could walk on water. A stupid error on either his or his agent's part (transfer request) and a few below par games and the knives are out.

What a pathetic bunch of arrogant pricks some are. All this 'I could see two years ago that he was crap' shit and many are only too willing to re-watch every game he played to find an error in order to say "I told you so'.

The lad ('cos that's what he is) has had his world collapse around him and he will eventually be stronger for it but he needs support not a crowd baying for his head. I wonder if there's an element of 'Tall Poppy Syndrome' around Goodison, where because some people are so angry that their lives are so shit will take any opportunity to make other's lives as shit as theirs? And the taller the poppy, the more they want it cut down.

I honestly feel that Stones has 'new manager syndrome' and is uncomfortable with the new setup. That may or may not change any time soon but until Stones gets his mojo back he needs support, not bollockings from a hostile crowd. FFS folks get off the lad's back because if he's forced out we'll get to see him excel in another shirt and still be England's captain.

Move on people, there are far more things to be concerned about right now than an early hiccup in what will be an exemplarary career. I just hope it's with us because if the fans get on his back too much, he will move. And we will regret it for a long time.

If someone's playing shite (which he has been) they'll get stick. By all means join the head burying corner.

He's over hyped by his fans and over criticised by his doubters, he's had games where he has been top notch defensively against some of the best players in the world, different types of players too from Aguero, Rooney through to Andy Carroll. I do agree though like people have said I think he needs to do an Eric dier and go dmc this would give him slightly more freedom to play, alternatively he could stop trying to play as last man unless the game is at the point it's worth taking a risk!

If someone's playing shite (which he has been) they'll get stick. By all means join the head burying corner.

Nah, not into head burying. I face up to reality. However, I realise that your reality may not be the same as mine. Mine says he was a good player.....he hasn't become a bad player, just lost form and his head at times. FFS he's only a kid! When I was his age I knew fuck all....my wife says I havn't changed:) He will come good again, whether he'll be wearing a royal blue shirt when he does I don't know. But it's people who are sharpening the knives as we speak will make it happen. Believe it.

The biggest problem Stones has got is, despite being bang out of form and not getting a game at his club as a consequence, the press have decided he's starting at the Euros and good old obedient Woy is going along with it. It's just unfair on him tbh, he's lost his positional sense and teams will target him as soon as he gets the ball.

Imagine Colman's team talk ahead of England v Wales: Right lads, every time Stones gets on the ball, two of you rush him, Gareth, you get ready to burn into the great gaping hole he has left if/when we win the ball.

The biggest problem Stones has got is, despite being bang out of form and not getting a game at his club as a consequence, the press have decided he's starting at the Euros and good old obedient Woy is going along with it. It's just unfair on him tbh, he's lost his positional sense and teams will target him as soon as he gets the ball.

Imagine Colman's team talk ahead of England v Wales: Right lads, every time Stones gets on the ball, two of you rush him, Gareth, you get ready to burn into the great gaping hole he has left if/when we win the ball.

Is he? Looks like Smalling and Cahill will be starting to me.

From Hodgson?

He has been getting slated at Chelsea and has been out of the side, there was even talk of him looking for a move in the January window because he was worried that a lack of playing time at Chelsea might mean he would not make the plane for the Euros

Edited by duncanmckenzieismagic

He has been getting slated at Chelsea and has been out of the side, there was even talk of him looking for a move in the January window because he was worried that a lack of playing time at Chelsea might mean he would not make the plane for the Euros

So means nothing then seeing as Hodgson picks the team, and not those slating him.

Excellent, stick the Man City tax on, that's £60 million in the bank :)

That's far too much money to turn down.

"If we had Jags, Mori and Galloway as back up and we had £100m to spend in the summer - would you be happy if we spent £60m on stones?"

My answer is "no chance" - spend £15-£20m on a top quality stopper and use the money to buy a left mid, playmaker and CM.