IGNORED

John Stones

But I'll raise the question again, why has Martinez kept him in for so long when he is so clearly out of form? Yes he is a young lad and is allowed to play poorly, but why hadn't he been dropped like any other 21-year-old making costlu mistakes? Again, it's Martinez's arrogance, his 'they have to be allowed to express themselves' mentality. All he has done is hung the lad out to dry, Stones will get the blame for the cuo exit but he shouldn't have been on the pitch anyway. Dreadful, dreadful man management.

I think that Martinez also believes the hype surrounding Stones - its like he doesn't have the Stones (haha - sorry) to drop a supposed 50m defender, regardless of his form. You have to think that Martinez is cognizant of himself looking hypocritical by the press dropping this "superstar of superstars" when he has gushed accolades upon accolades upon accolades by this point. How do you drop "The best defender this country has ever seen" (or whatever he said)? The whole thing is terrible. I loathe Mourinho, but at least he had the stones to drop Costa, Hazard, etc when they sucked ass, with no apologies included.

Ha ha yet when I said precisely this the other day you went into one saying it had nothing to do with Martinez

Whats with the ha ha? Did you precisely say that the lad needs to learn how to defend and his positioning is awful? Or did you slate the lad for his disgraceful cryuff turn in the 6 yard box???

Or are you just clinging on to the little bit where merson mentions that martinez needs to teach him to defend.

Because cotrect me if im wrong Dunc, you have been getting a little bit carried away with golden balls. Now that hes getting slated you need the little martinez bit to say how you precisely said all this???

I didnt see you telling us all that martinez needs to get stones sorted 5 or 6 weeks ago

Haha indeed.

Edited by Hafnia

http://www.dailypost.co.uk/sport/everton-fc-defender-john-stones-8852286

I don't think he learned his lesson at all from this above... 2 times in 2 games he has made a poor decision, first one poor, second one just stupid and displays cockiness and being too big for his boots not confidence

The first one against Stoke - he didn't have to slide in he could have ushered the player out, was a harsh penalty but he gave the ref a decision to make late in the game

Yesterday against spurs was pure daft. Twitter has been full of kids who are impressed..... I assume they like to do such things as cryff turns in their box on FIFA on xbox andf when they get tackled and the opponents scores they cancel the game....

His response to the crowd who rightly voiced their anxiety and disbelief to what he did so late in the game was arrogant to the extreme - I think he's off and he's not bothered.

Nearly every opposition manager will now be telling their forwards "try and tackle him and take a chance - don't worry about closing off the clearance go for the ball - you only need to get it once and its a certain goal". Forwards will relish the opportunity of making him look stupid. To me he was trying to make his youtube reel look good.

Ability and composure is one thing - to me he went too far yesterday.

Second to last paragraph... 4th Jan.

He's a kid, he needs to be coached. He isn't being coached. He has all of the tools in his bag but he's not being told how to use them. He's being sent out with way too much freedom to make his own decisions on the pitch rather than follow a pattern of play. Martinez believes he is helping him, while to me it seems like he's being hung out to dry.

Whats with the ha ha? Did you precisely say that the lad needs to learn how to defend and his positioning is awful? Or did you slate the lad for his disgraceful cryuff turn in the 6 yard box???

Or are you just clinging on to the little bit where merson mentions that martinez needs to teach him to defend.

Because cotrect me if im wrong Dunc, you have been getting a little bit carried away with golden balls. Now that hes getting slated you need the little martinez bit to say how you precisely said all this???

I didnt see you telling us all that martinez needs to get stones sorted 5 or 6 weeks ago

Haha indeed.

Ok Haf I will correct you, i most definitely have not been getting carried away with Stones

I have said he needs benching, I have said he needs to know how to defend first and foremost, I have said he needs to know when to play football and when to get rid .

I stated categorically that I would love to get him in a room with Carragher so he could teach him a thing or two about the art of defending

Yes I also said he is a quality player who needs a better manager who should be raining him in instead of encouraging him to take these risks. IMO that's not 'a little bit' it is the whole crux of the matter

So if all that sounds to you like I am getting carried away with Stones then fair enough but otherwise get your head out of your arse and wind your neck in

This isn't you saying "I told you so", is it Haf?

Absofuckinlutely - lets be honest it wasnt a "ooh i said this and said that" based on nothing, it wasnt a gut feeling, it wasnt because i wanted someone else in that position (pereira effect)

It was inevitable that opponents would target him, but people were getting too carried away with the lad. So much so they didnt see this "moment" as being a significant one.

I have been a massive massive fan of Stones. I have enjoyed watching him read the game, time his tackles etc but he's turned into a bit of a tit. As ive said elsewhere, a teammate went and played on a saturday for £100 a game and became unbearable and actually stopped being the player he was to get there.

People may think i have it in for players who are good... on the contrary, i have it in for players who think they are better than they are and who stick out as being arrogant.

I think there will be far more than just me right about what was going to happen with Stones. The problem as usual is tge "fanboys"

He will be a very very good player, but it wont be for us. It will be for a team he feels are deserving of his talents.

BTW anyone not thought... his performance levels since Naismith stopped playing... pretty significant in my mind.

Edited by Hafnia

Ok Haf I will correct you, i most definitely have not been getting carried away with Stones

I have said he needs benching, I have said he needs to know how to defend first and foremost, I have said he needs to know when to play football and when to get rid .

I stated categorically that I would love to get him in a room with Carragher so he could teach him a thing or two about the art of defending

Yes I also said he is a quality player who needs a better manager who should be raining him in instead of encouraging him to take these risks. IMO that's not 'a little bit' it is the whole crux of the matter

So if all that sounds to you like I am getting carried away with Stones then fair enough but otherwise get your head out of your arse and wind your neck in

Well considering you say things "precisely" dunc, then please feel free to share how you said precisely what merson said... i dont recall you precisely saying his positioning has been appalling, nor do i recall you precisely saying alot if the things merson laid at "stones" door. Just that little bit where he said martinez needs to teach him how to defend.

Ive been very different. I said 3 months ago that stones needed a keane character to bollock him and let him know what is acceptable on the pitch. I have said that we need a defemsive coach... i really do t see how you managed to contradict anything ive said. If anything, its on you.

Head is screwed on and is most certainly not up my backside. Get yours out of stones and start looking at a certain Argie called Funes Mori.

Edited by Hafnia

With Guardiola looking set to take the top seat at City, Stones to City now looks pretty good.

Hell of a lot of players would like to play under Pep and he'll have the best part of £150m (reported) to spend in the summer. Player plus cash (£45m) and i'd be happy (player dependent).

Oh and kudos to City for being so open about Pep's pre contract. Apparently Pelligrini has known for a while and was informed early on, clubs normally say nothing until it's happened but this could just be the news that spurs everyone at City on.

Edited by Lowensda

Rumour is he was benched, spat his dummy out and walked out.

Unclear at the moment but the person who stated it on twitter said the stories suggest he's been behaving like a prick.

What Mike has said would suggest this is bullshit.

And I know he was there myself because I saw him with my own eyes.

All this ego stuff is unfounded, it's 2+2=5. People assuming he's arrogant because he's confident on the ball. Find one valid story of a teammate or pro who's played or worked with him saying he's a egotistical little belljaff , I bet you can't. I'm not sure any pro at Everton would last 2 seconds with an ego with big Dunc about, especially not one of the youths.

All this ego stuff is unfounded, it's 2+2=5. People assuming he's arrogant because he's confident on the ball. Find one valid story of a teammate or pro who's played or worked with him saying he's a egotistical little belljaff , I bet you can't. I'm not sure any pro at Everton would last 2 seconds with an ego with big Dunc about, especially not one of the youths.

I wish to applaud you sir.

Agree 100% but be careful with the logical statements because you will get labelled a "fanboy" in here ! For stuff like that