IGNORED

John Stones

Mustafi one I kind of get. He wasn't going to get the game time or showing the same promise as his early career suggested. No one could have predicted his meteoric rise.

Dier on the other hand, was a bad one. I thought we had an agreement in place? But Sporting pulled him back early as they wanted to use him for the upcoming season. I don't think many would have seen him as a CDM either, he was a CB.

I'd say it was down to lack of foresight more than Mustafi's lack of promise he had glowing reports and played well in the one game he had a chance to prove himself in the Europa

Dier wanted to stay on with Sporting he thought it was the right move for his career and turns out rightly so

Just a little nearly what if more than anything either way we get trumped by United on Pogba

• 2 weeks later...

Fat arse Brazil saying it's a done deal to Man City, the Esk lad who's a supposed ITK posted on Twitter that Evertons only viable option to increase their wage budget so much to meet premier league rules would be to make a huge profit on a player and Stones is the only viable option.

I think it'll be a goer this summer , just got a feeling in my water that he'll be sold.

Fat arse Brazil saying it's a done deal to Man City, the Esk lad who's a supposed ITK posted on Twitter that Evertons only viable option to increase their wage budget so much to meet premier league rules would be to make a huge profit on a player and Stones is the only viable option.

I think it'll be a goer this summer , just got a feeling in my water that he'll be sold.

Here's what Esk wrote...

https://www.grandoldteam.com/2016/06/22/everton-summer-transfers-short-term-cost-control-regulations/

Makes sense.

Or we sell Lukaku who would draw a much larger fee who's on a bigger salary, that makes more sense to me

Both will be equally hard to replace but if your going to pluck a player out who will free up such funds I'd much rather go down that route IMO

Edited by EFC-Paul

I couldn't read past the buy 5 new and ignore the old boys wages as we'll replace them like for like. 9 squad players is a bit over the top for me.

Wages will inflate no more than expected imo, the players already knew about the TV money coming which is enough to give everyone a an argument for a £100k a week contract.

We should be keeping Stones and replacing Lukaku. I'd do that every day of the week .

This for me aswel I'm not jumping on Lukaku but I think Stones has far more room for improvement and development and with Koeman we could have the ideal man to do that, Lukaku as I've said before lacks the basics stuff that isn't taught it's natural ability for me and he's at his glass ceiling and I can't see him smashing if

Cash in now and move on if your going to sell a big asset it's him for me all day long

Problem is no one will pay the money we want for Lukaku.

I think they will Pad I certainly wouldn't as a manager but that's the sort of figure in today's over inflated marked you pay for a "proven goalscorer"

PSG will be looking to fill Zlatans boots and the big sides over here will be recruiting big with it being such a lucrative and high profile (managers) season

£50/60m could go a long way to building this side along with the touted war chest we already have

I think they will Pad I certainly wouldn't as a manager but that's the sort of figure in today's over inflated marked you pay for a "proven goalscorer"

PSG will be looking to fill Zlatans boots and the big sides over here will be recruiting big with it being such a lucrative and high profile (managers) season

£50/60m could go a long way to building this side along with the touted war chest we already have

You have to make profit from the sale to balance the books also. We'll make more from selling Stones than Lukaku.

I would sooner sell Lukaku tbh but if Stones really wants to go sell him too.

You have to make profit from the sale to balance the books also. We'll make more from selling Stones than Lukaku.

I would sooner sell Lukaku tbh but if Stones really wants to go sell him too.

Is this with respect to the short term controls?

Can't remember what Stones is on but I think we can easily get one of those youngsters play in the Euros with Lukaku's salary or less.

As much as I can see fans thinking we'll play CM with the new found money, controlling the wages on hand is probably a big precursor to our buying.

I hope we keep Stones, not so much Lukaku, but from what I read, doesn't seem like much room to play with if we're to give "key players" a pay bump.

I'd rather keep Lukaku than Stones. Stones is overrated atm.

I'd put that down to us previously having a manager with the defensive nous of a potato

He's far from faultless but his potential in his position out ways that of Rom's for me and he hasn't made any noise in regards to leaving etc Lukaku is as good as gone if he nets a few more goals at the Euro's he'll be wanting a statue in Bruges

I'd put that down to us previously having a manager with the defensive nous of a potato

He's far from faultless but his potential in his position out ways that of Rom's for me and he hasn't made any noise in regards to leaving etc Lukaku is as good as gone if he nets a few more goals at the Euro's he'll be wanting a statue in Bruges

Other than hand in a transfer request :lol:.

Funny that isn't it. The guy who also massively underperformed most of the season after actually having a transfer request in, effectively demanding a move, has been spared some what.

You know what, I've had my first drink in a month and I'm not going down this alley tonight :)

Massive decision for Stones, could make or break his career.

Going to City and playing under a manager with similar playing philosophy's as Martinez could ruin him, as could playing for a ruthless manager such as Mourinho. The mistakes he has made for us have gone under the radar for many Pundits but if he'd made those mistakes at UTD, City or Barcelona then they would have been magnified.

The best move would be to stay and hope Koeman can bring the best out of him. Playing under a manager that was also a defender could be the best decision. He needs a year out of the spotlight.

Saying that if a bid of £45m came in for him id sell ha ha.

He didn't make waves about it though and spout his mouth off in the media at every opportunity along with his agent and old man

He obviously handed in a request hence using him as the only other example Matt and he's been far from spared just look back in this very thread, he's taken far more flack from our supporters both online and at games than Lukaku

Edited by EFC-Paul

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2016/06/29/report-manchester-city-paying-close-attention-to-lukaku-even-tho/

Apparently reported by the Sun suggesting that Man City would be interested in a swap deal of Bony for Stones.

From the Bony side I'd be happy for us to get him. He's another player who's suffered at the hands of Man City/Chelsea transfers following a good year at a smaller club. He was very good at Swansea.

Not sure how it works out value wise, but he cost them 25million and hasn't progressed since being at City so I'd say Stones has a higher sale value than him especially given Stones is the younger player with more portential value increase.

I'd say Bony and 10 million would do nicely.