IGNORED

John Stones

sorry Matt - absolute nonsense. Using the media brings attention to the team from outside sources and when its negative its very disruptive as the press do not leave it alone.

We have seen this year the winning formula has been togetherness - you do all your business behind closed doors. Worse things happen in training than knowing one of the players may look to move on - players have fights, arguments, some plainly do not get on. When this stuff escapes the confines of the club then that is when it is used against you. It is the biggest sport in the world, the biggest league in the world, there are probably 1000's of different news sources that circulate anything they can get their hands on.

SAF was a master of running a tight ship - do you think Beckham getting a boot hitting his head was the reason he left? No. It was the fact that he arranged for the press to photograph him with his hair band exposing his stitches that was the final straw.

Was the fact that Roy Keane had a go at other players the reason that SAF let him go? No, Ferguson loved the fact that Keane said what he wanted to say, Keane had run ins with loads of his team mates - it was the fact that he used an MUTV interview that put it out in the public domain that was the issue. Fergie knew that he had to go.

I personally think you are drawing parallels between Stones and Lukaku and there are absolutely none. We as a club have struggled with a media perception that we aren't big enough for some players, that we must sell our Rooneys, Rodwells, Lescotts and Artetas when the big boys come calling. We made a statement of intent by rejecting the Chelsea offer for Stones, he kept his mouth shut and the club earned praise and respect for standing up to the money bags..... 5 months later a player who has 3 years left on his contract pretty much stated he was off as we weren't big enough for him..... yep bravo that man.

So does handing in transfer requests, so I really don't see how it's nonsense.

The parallels are there - they both want to move to play in clubs playing in CL, want to move to win things, fed up of the regime under RM.

Just for the record, I'm not defending either approach. I'm just saying that both are disruptive in different ways.

Totally incomparable in my opinion what's printed as rumour and what's actually said by a player

His transfer request was obviously a distraction at the time but from that point up until now there's been no more said on it he's carried on where as Lukaku finds the need to spew unnecessary come and get me pleas at regular intervals

I genuinely think he thinks he's a big time Charlie and he'd be a shoe in for a big move no one has come knocking and he's had to reevaluate his situation

If he does sign a new deal and cracks on and keeps his gob his knob head dad and agents mouths shut then fair enough but I highly doubt that will happen

Totally incomparable in my opinion what's printed as rumour and what's actually said by a player

His transfer request was obviously a distraction at the time but from that point up until now there's been no more said on it he's carried on where as Lukaku finds the need to spew unnecessary come and get me pleas at regular intervals

I genuinely think he thinks he's a big time Charlie and he'd be a shoe in for a big move no one has come knocking and he's had to reevaluate his situation

If he does sign a new deal and cracks on and keeps his gob his knob head dad and agents mouths shut then fair enough but I highly doubt that will happen

I agree, once the window closed he kept quiet and good on him. But handing in the transfer request invited Chelsea to keep trying their luck, which will have been distracting defensive strategies (if there were any to start with) as well as creating uncertainty as to who would actually be the starting CB pairing.

I'm not commenting on the Rom comments, he's got his own threads for that, but I maintain that the impacts of gobbing off or handing in TRs has a lot of comparable points.

Surely he or one of his people has gone to the media though, just like they did last summer, otherwise it wouldn't be known. We can speculate that it's rumour, but it turned out to be spot on last year when the papers said he'd asked for a move.

Only difference I can see between Lukaku and Stones is that Lukaku is open and shows his face when making his thoughts or intentions known whereas Stones does it surreptitiously. Not sure which is worse really, but would prefer both gone if they don't want to be here. Stones contempt for the fans was clear last season, irrespective of whether he was goaded.

I was under the impression the rumours came from the England camp. Hart and Sterling probably didn't help and it was meant to be common knowledge they had spoke to him about moving there.

not sure why he would want to play with shit players like them. hart and sterling are both a laughing stock after that tourney.

I agree, once the window closed he kept quiet and good on him. But handing in the transfer request invited Chelsea to keep trying their luck, which will have been distracting defensive strategies (if there were any to start with) as well as creating uncertainty as to who would actually be the starting CB pairing.

I'm not commenting on the Rom comments, he's got his own threads for that, but I maintain that the impacts of gobbing off or handing in TRs has a lot of comparable points.

True mate but I was referencing paper talk vs actual words if you get my drift, anyway I'd rather sell but if he stays he'll get my full backing (as long as he keeps his trap shut)

just remember barnsley get a sell on fee, it's been reported as 15%. so 40m would see us lose 6m off that.

Markhe wants away mate, if a new manager and the promise of all this supposed investment hasn't made him want to give it another year then nothing will.

I don't think he's been the same player since his last request was turned down. That's not a slight on the lads ability I just don't think his heads here and if it isn't it's pointless.

Markhe wants away mate, if a new manager and the promise of all this supposed investment hasn't made him want to give it another year then nothing will.

I don't think he's been the same player since his last request was turned down. That's not a slight on the lads ability I just don't think his heads here and if it isn't it's pointless.

i agree completely pad i'm just saying with the sell on fee we need to sell him to the highest bidder. china wants him and he's ok there, sure gone. just get the most dollar since there's that clause.

Got to agree if he wants out that bad then we should sell

Just gutted we wont get to see him develop in an Everton jersey because he is going to be some player

If someone will give us a shit load of money for him then I won't be too bothered about him going.

I'd prefer to keep him and for him to develop here but he won't be missed. I love watching him stride out of defence with the ball but I want our defenders to defend, and that's why he's easily replaced and expendable.

Looking past all the ball playing composure (when it was working) he's actually a very fragile centre half who lacks concentration. I'll go out on a limb and say he'll become a good centre half at Premiership level but not a world class one.

Edited by MC11