IGNORED

John Stones

It's football on the whole though Pad. Good clubs have gone out of business while Premier League clubs pay average players £100k a week. You end up with 20 lads looking for clubs who have got a chance of keeping their career going, but you also have maybe 40 other staff out of work. The game is rotten, so anything these clubs can get is a bonus. I'd hate to see something like that happen to Tranmere or Preston (no specific reason, just good clubs who've had some tough times).

Don't forget we also sell our players on that basis too.

Edited by StevO

If we end up selling him for £50m and £20m of that is Bony will that enable us to reduce the exposed transfer fee which we will have to cut and give to Barnsley?

Bit naughty I know.

doubt that's even entered into consideration mate. How we sell him on is our business and for the best of the club. We know Barnsely will get a cut but if it's £6m or £10m won't make a blind bit of difference nowadays.

I would imagine that would have to be worked out against Bonys possible value. But realistically it won't be done in the same deal, it will be two separate deals if we end up with Bony.

Help me understand this Steve the transfers in Europe are different than America.

So we would sell them stones for say 50m and then they would allow us to buy bony for a fee. Whereas if we hadn't sold them stones they might not let bony go? The sale of stones gets us the access to buy bony kinda thing?

No Mark, what I mean is they won't offer us £35m plus Bony for Stones. Transfer deals are so complicated that putting another player in there makes it even more complicated. They may discuss us buying Bony at the same time, but it would be two transactions. If it was to happen it would probably go public as we sell Stones for £50m and buy Bony for an undisclosed fee a few days later.

No Mark, what I mean is they won't offer us £35m plus Bony for Stones. Transfer deals are so complicated that putting another player in there makes it even more complicated. They may discuss us buying Bony at the same time, but it would be two transactions. If it was to happen it would probably go public as we sell Stones for £50m and buy Bony for an undisclosed fee a few days later.

Thanks Steve.

Who is leaking all of these Stones stories, for the last two seasons now?

The consensus is that we are notoriously guarded about transfers and nobody knows until it's done, and I can't see it being City as they are fairly dignified and that respect as well (since the Lescott days at least) so I suspect that it's always been his 'camp'.

Sooner gone the better for me, but everybody knows we have ~£50m to invest now, so that's not a great starting position when we are negotiating.

Eh???

Stones has said absolutely fuck all. Trust me - if he did he would have been quoted.

then wheres it coming from haf? not us or City (as baba above said). it's john and his agent. not man enough to hand in a request or talk to the manager so he has his agent leak stuff to the press to try and push a move. he's a pussy haf.