IGNORED

John Stones

So, like I said, no one from the club has said anything of the sort. Thanks for clearing that up, J.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/everton-investor-farhad-moshiri-ill-11026310

"I know a lot of you want to know what my plans are. There is much to be done and things for me to learn, but I can confirm that I have committed to providing additional funds for transfers and retaining our key players to ensure that we have a strong ore to build on for the future."

Thats the closest I can find. No mention of £100m but he promised investment.

Think we have this conversation every summer mate :D

I'll leave it at that, Captain Bitter :P

Don't think we've ever had a billionaire owner to have the conversation before tbh.

Nothing to do with bitterness and everything to do with not wanting a club other than Everton to achieve anything.

I see he's done an interview saying he had spoken to Joe Hart and Stirling which kind of tells me he had made his mind up about Citeh at the Euro's!

Well let's say Citeh have gained a footballer where as if we sign Williams we've signed a leader and a defender something Stones knew little about.

I see he's done an interview saying he had spoken to Joe Hart and Stirling which kind of tells me he had made his mind up about Citeh at the Euro's!

Well let's say Citeh have gained a footballer where as if we sign Williams we've signed a leader and a defender something Stones knew little about.

Not very intelligent if he looked at Sterling and thought "yeah - great move that" - aside from earning £££££ its been a poor move.

I read something a week or two ago saying how he would love to work alongside Hart & Sterling.

Hart who'll probably be dropped and Sterling who's a donkey, will continue to deceive.

See above. I read that a while ago. Not entirely sure why he'd think it was a great move. The biggest irony could be that Hart ends up here :lol:

Don't think we've ever had a billionaire owner to have the conversation before tbh.

Nothing to do with bitterness and everything to do with not wanting a club other than Everton to achieve anything.

but you were wishing the lad directly, hence my confusion ;)

All the best to the lad for the club and him it's to good a deal to turn down in fairness

We get paid handsomely he gets to play CL football under possibly the best coach in the game and best suited to get the best out of him

Early days but I still think we've got a more than capable replacement in Galloway if he's given chance to play (loan) and Holgate has all the tools to do the same plus Williams who we all know... Win win

I managed to find these at the WhoScored site. The numbers are for Stones, Williams, Jagielka, and Galloway. Williams outdoes Stones 2:1 for interceptions and clearances and racks up more fouls. It seems that Williams is very similar in style to Jagielka. Galloway's strengths are tackling and dribbling.

Appearances: Stones 81; Williams 191; Jags 206; Galloway 17

Minutes: Stones 6524; Williams 17105; Jags 18000; Galloway 1399

Tackles: Stones 1.4; Williams 1.5; Jags 1.8; Galloway 3.2

Interceptions: Stones 1.4; Williams 2.6; Jags 2.0; Galloway 1.2

Fouls: Stones 0.3; Williams 0.9; Jags 0.4; Galloway 0.6

Offsides: Stones 0.6; Williams 0.5; Jags 0.7; Galloway 0.2

Clearances: Stones 4.6; Williams 9.1; Jags 8.4; Galloway 2.2

Dribbling: Stones 0.4; Williams 0.3; Jags 0.4; Galloway 1.2

Blocks: Stones 1.0; Williams 1.2; Jags 0.9; Galloway 0.4

Overall rating: Stones 6.9; Williams 7.14; Jags 7.2; Galloway 6.86

Edited by Cornish Steve

Will be interesting to see what becomes of the lad, his head seemed turned a while back, sometimes looked like we were only getting 80% of him at times.

With the Barnsley wedge taken out I'm not sure it's enough for what could be a future England captain, defenders usually get better with age and he's pretty young.

Oh well, move on and find the next Stones.

I wonder if it was all down to money or if Martinez could have got a bloody good squad into the top 4, maybe he and Lukaku would have been more settled.

Martinez and his bullshit tic tac football has a lot to answer to!

I hope the lad does well, hit potential is huge. He should be signing for Barcelona not Citeh though and while until Guardiola properly gets his side playing like Barca or Bayern I fear he could be horribly exposed like he was at times for us.

They tried last year, but he wasn't impressed with the wages on offer. Yorkshireman.

If he stayed I'd have wanted Mori and Williams (if we sign him) starting any how, Stones is better suited to a team like Barcelona. Only bitter we never got more money for him. Looking at the fees this summer prices seemed to have doubled, yet we've let him go for last year's valuation.

• 2 weeks later...

according to who?! He had a very good game (showing he can actually defend on several occasions, he was clearly instructed never clear the ball with us) but Aguero ripped them apart. Even Sterling played well!

According to Sky apparently, official MOTM as chosen by the summariser, don't know who it was. Didn't watch myself, Josh told me.