IGNORED

John Stones

As has already been said... they set the benchmark with Sterling, no way Stones will be as bad as he is in 12 months, therefore bidding starts at 50m...

But let's face it, he's going. And to be fair Koeman needs the £125m he could raise from flogging Stones and Lukaku,the squad everyone was tipping as 'the best in 30 years' does not look clever at all right now, does it.

What effect are they having on the squad? Have I missed something?

Footballers are used to players coming and going, it happens in every club. A player wanting to leave is not unusual, but I'm not seeing it cause any problems with the rest of the squad personally.

I'd disagree especially with it being two of the bigger names. Players will be looking to improve on last season and with no body of note coming in and the impending loss of two of the big names will surely be bad for moral

Well Patto said they are starting to affect the whole squad, can you show any evidence of this?

I don't see Stones causing any issue with the squad at all, even last year after the transfer request he was still hugely popular with the other players. Rom is close to only a handful of players in the squad anyway, he's been running his mouth since day one so why will it only become a problem now?

If he has not been sold, surely this is blatant tapping up by Man City.

I would increase the price, purely for them taking the mickey.

Does this also mean, that they have in effect, made it impossible for another Champions League team to do a late bid as he can no longer register for another team?

Edited by markiediow

If they have put him in their CL squad they must already own his registration. Maybe they don't want to announce it quietly while all the focus is on the other half of Manchester. They'll make a fuss about it later in the week. On the plus side, Williams can have the number five shirt, that makes me happy.

If they have put him in their CL squad they must already own his registration. Maybe they don't want to announce it quietly while all the focus is on the other half of Manchester. They'll make a fuss about it later in the week. On the plus side, Williams can have the number five shirt, that makes me happy.

Number 5 to fulfill his role as advanced sweeper left centre back?

Edited by Matt