IGNORED

John Stones

Really don't get the animosity toward him

not animosity - well there wasn't till he came out with his needless interview that Bobby dropped him for no reason (despite the fact that he was playing garbage and he even tried to fit him in at right back to get his confidence)

That all of a sudden he realised the importance of row z... (park end cryuff turns - calm down calm down) - he owed Martinez far more than that.

aside from that a fair few fans got ridiculously giddy that we had a glamour player - who whilst making himself look good was actually detrimental to the team (de ja vu)...

like another thread - I'm all about the "whole is greater than the sum of its parts" -* lost on many but hey ho.

• 4 weeks later...

He was all over the place today but it can't of been easy coming back for the first time.

Still think he's got the ability to be one of the best in the world.

He looked so nervous today especially 2nd half with Gwladys giving him loads. I personally didn't boo him (he seems a good lad to me - I've no bitterness towards him) but it seemed to do the trick!!!

I hold no animosity towards him he always gave his all and has never criticised the club or time he spent here, the booing is just part of the game and to be expected on his first return back, and if it made him uneasy then the supporters have achieved there role as 12th man and helped the team to victory.

Shearer on MOTD2 last night had it spot on, Stones, as much as he was poor yesterday, he was let down by a mediocre defence around him, the full backs are awful and Otemendi is beyond shite. They left him in positions where he was exposed.

Still the icing on the cake was him fucking up at the end for us to get a 4th :P

Ironic isn't it - England the long known country for wasting ridiculous talent like Hoddle, Le Tissier, Scholes and currently Barkley will persevere with a lad who overplays it in defence - can't defend but is the future of the game?

Surely the idea will be to get the "best defenders" who can give the ball to the best ball playing midfielders?

Anyhow - Holgate will surpass Stones before long. The lad has a proper nasty streak - doesn't respect reputation and is 100% focused on defending. Oh yeah - he can play a bit too.

Did anyone see this?

Can't wait for a John Stones defensive error that lets Lookman in for a debut goal in the last few minutes

5:31 AM - 15 Jan 2017

Yeah I did. Great shout.

But as he says, he expected Lookman to make his debut (and probably very late in the game) and Stones has been mistake prone, so he just stated what he claims is the obvious but it just happened to all came true.

I don't think it was Stones' mistake, he was just unlucky that it hit Coleman and then also just happened to fall into the path of Lookman. Otamendi was fast asleep like he had been all game.

On the whole I thought Stones was their best defender. Couple of really good blocks, couple of towering headers over Lukaku too showing his physical side. Of the 7 defensive players City had, him and Zabaleta should be getting the least stick.

I don't think it was Stones' mistake, he was just unlucky that it hit Coleman and then also just happened to fall into the path of Lookman. Otamendi was fast asleep like he had been all game.

On the whole I thought Stones was their best defender. Couple of really good blocks, couple of towering headers over Lukaku too showing his physical side. Of the 7 defensive players City had, him and Zabaleta should be getting the least stick.

Agree with this. I thought Stones was City's best defender, impressed by the number of headers he won against Rom. Unfortunate mistake at the death but I'm glad it happened!

this for me, but best of a bad bunch Edited by Matt